Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Gold SkyMiles AMEX Credit Card Offer E-mail 5/1/09 [35-50k + SkyClub Passes]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 5:10 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
Does anyone know if the Skyclub day passes have an expiration date?
Old May 4, 2009, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Paul3456
Does anyone know if the Skyclub day passes have an expiration date?
Probably the day before your next flight - lol.
Old May 6, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Well, my experience indicates that there is, in fact, a two card limit in effect by AMEX that applies if you try to open a third card. That is, two credit cards that allow a revolving balance. So, for example, if you had the SPG card, the Hilton card, or the Costco card, etc, you would not be allowed to open a Delta Skymiles card. Options are to close one of the other cards, or to "upgrade" (as AMEX put it) one of the other cards to Skymiles gold. But, if you upgrade rather than clicking through one of the current relatively generous offers, you don't get the offer.
Old May 8, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Can someone post the AMEX application URL's for the various offers?

Here are the ones I have collected so far:

35k miles
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...24/34268/b/293

40k miles and (2) free Sky Club Passes
[Dead URL]

These links are not unique to a specific Skymiles/Worldperks Member so anyone can use them. Can someone post the better offer links?

Last edited by MSP_Monopoly; May 8, 2009 at 9:36 pm
Old May 9, 2009, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by syrwhizzy
"This will be one of the best offers ever"

I like the sound of that.

However, I want to get an AMEX now. I'm waisting valuable time as far as earning EQM's for 2009, and things like that make me want to sit on the fence and wait to see if the offer is better than what they have now.

So, do I act now and potentially miss out on the "best offer ever" in the next two weeks... or do I get a card now to make sure I keep earning miles and EQMs, only to be screwed out of whatever make-good Delta might offer with "the best offer ever"

They should just have announced what the best offer is. They're making this disaster even more dificult to deal with because they're not telling us NOW what to do. What the heck?
Why not call AMEX and ask them if you will still get the miles if you sign up for a card now.
Old May 9, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Here is a special number for the AMEX Gold Skymiles Card applications 1-866-809-4438

I called the general AMEX apply over the phone number and told her I was having issues with the website (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/) and that it kept saying that my last name could not be verified.

She said that have been having issues with the website and that this number is a dedicated number for people who have received special offers but are having trouble applying online. They are only open 8am to Midnight Eastern time M-F. I am going to call on Monday and see what kind of offers I can get over the phone.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Bonuses compatible if u have SkyMiles Business AMEX

I have had a SkyMiles Business AMEX for some time. I called Amex 800 # to confirm that the 40K + day passes offer is available even though I already have a business SkyMiles AMEX. The agent was sure that the bonuses for getting a personal SkyMiles AMEX will be awarded.

(I am still holding out a bit longer to see if better offers come along.)
Old May 9, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
the snail mail verion of the offer

I got a snail mail letter today from Skymiles with my WorldPerks number printed on it. It offers:
- 40K bonus miles
- 2 sky club day passes
- fee waived for first year

But I'm actually miffed because I signed up for the card back in December and got a meager 20K then. Doh! But I'm wondering if I can re-sign up?

The back of the letter says "If you already have or have had any other Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express Account(s), you are eligible to receive only the incremental difference between the welcome bonus miles offered herein and the amount offer with other such Account(s)."

The letter says call 1-866-809-4438 or go to :
https://www.deltaamexcard.com/default.aspx
which asks for your WorldPerks number.
Old May 9, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
Angry Me too....

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Here is a special number for the AMEX Gold Skymiles Card applications 1-866-809-4438

I called the general AMEX apply over the phone number and told her I was having issues with the website (https://www.deltaamexcard.com/) and that it kept saying that my last name could not be verified.
Ditto here, except that when I called the 866 number they wouldn't let me apply for the 25K + 15K + 2 passes promo. The CSR made it sound like a targeted offer, and AMEX would only let me apply for the standard 25K bonus that anyone can get (no thanks!). So much for the "Best Offer EVER!

FWIW, I am not elite on DL or NW (only CO) but am a long-standing member of each's FFP. I do have the NWA WorldPerks VISA.

-Goat
Old May 10, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
I haven't flown NW in over 20 years but had about 5100 miles in my account. ^ to NW for no expiring miles! Recently, I redeemed some miles for a subscription to Wine Spectator and to buy the 787 NW bag tags. Today via snail mail, I received the 25K + 15K miles after $1000 with the annual fee waived for the first year offer. No club passes or companion ticket. Never had a NW credit card, the only airline cards I have are a Citi AAdvantage card and a CO Chase card. Also never had status with NW.

This is quite a generous offer for someone who doesn't fly NW (nothing personal, just that AA suits my travel needs better). A free domestic ticket is hard to turn down.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by RxCapt
I haven't flown NW in over 20 years but had about 5100 miles in my account. ^ to NW for no expiring miles! Recently, I redeemed some miles for a subscription to Wine Spectator and to buy the 787 NW bag tags. Today via snail mail, I received the 25K + 15K miles after $1000 with the annual fee waived for the first year offer. No club passes or companion ticket. Never had a NW credit card, the only airline cards I have are a Citi AAdvantage card and a CO Chase card. Also never had status with NW.

This is quite a generous offer for someone who doesn't fly NW (nothing personal, just that AA suits my travel needs better). A free domestic ticket is hard to turn down.
I don't think anyone has got it correctly yet on how they determine the offer. I got the 40,000 offer (25K + 15K bonus after $1000 in purchases within 3 months) with a companion ticket and no fee for 1st year.

I have not flown NW since 2002 and had about 1000 miles earned in the past year from NW retail/partner purchases. I own no airline credit cards and have only 18K miles in my account. Years ago I had 5K miles in my Delta account from a sign-on bonus but about a year ago I donated those to the Heroes program. I have flown about 100K miles since I opened the account in 1989 or so.
Old May 17, 2009, 2:42 pm

I got the 40K mile offer + 2 sky club passes. I'm not at all interested in the passes (I'll never use them) and was extremely disappointed not to have received a companion ticket offer.

I'm considering foregoing this "amazing" offer and instead applying through a regular AMEX link that gives me 20K miles plus one "complimentary $99 companion ticket" each year I renew - but I don't know enough about the companion ticket to know if it's worth losing the additional miles.

Is the companion ticket free? Does it cost $99? Is it valued at $99? Putting the words "complimentary" and "$99" together seems backwards.

If it's not worth it, are there many of you using the new card through the initial bonus period and then canceling the card?

Anyone?
Thanks!
Old May 18, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: NWA SE
Short Application for Current AmEx Cardmembers

So far I've seen 3 different offer types:

1. The exciting one -- deltaamexcard.com -- where you enter your WP# and last name and get a targeted offer.

2. 20,000 miles for signing up + 5,000 for charging $1,000+ in the first 3 months. 1st year $95 fee waived. This is the offer you'll find if you just Google "Delta AmEx". www.americanexpress.com/delta

3. 25,000 miles for signing up + 10,000 for charging $1,000+ in the first 3 months. 1st year $95 fee waived. I don't see this offer in any Google results but it's here:
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...24/34268/b/293

Strangely, only #2 above has a link that says "Already a Cardmember? If yes, the application will be shorter." Click the link, and you get a modified app that asks for household income, but does NOT ask info about your employer.

Both #1 and #3 above force you to enter your employer's info (company name and phone number).

I quit my job last month to go to MBA school. I don't want a denial of credit showing up on my report, so #2 might be my only option.

Have any AmEx members used the toll-free # that came with the offer (866-809-4438)? If so, were you asked info about your employer?
Old May 18, 2009, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by tulips*n*truffles
I got the 40K mile offer + 2 sky club passes. I'm not at all interested in the passes (I'll never use them) and was extremely disappointed not to have received a companion ticket offer.

I'm considering foregoing this "amazing" offer and instead applying through a regular AMEX link that gives me 20K miles plus one "complimentary $99 companion ticket" each year I renew - but I don't know enough about the companion ticket to know if it's worth losing the additional miles.

Is the companion ticket free? Does it cost $99? Is it valued at $99? Putting the words "complimentary" and "$99" together seems backwards.

If it's not worth it, are there many of you using the new card through the initial bonus period and then canceling the card?

Anyone?
Thanks!
The companion ticket costs you $99 if you have the Gold card, with the Platinum card you get a free companion certificate. With the Reserve card you get a free First Class or Coach companion certificate.

Sounds like it might be hard to redeem the companion certs. because they are capacity controlled and probably can only be used with specific fare types.
Old May 23, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I received my new AMX card in the mail but it didn't include the 2 club day passes. Does anyone know if these are sent seperatly or should they be sent along with the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.