Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Inflight Services: The Definition and Clarification of Refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Services: The Definition and Clarification of Refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
You are only choosing to fly on two of the busiest travel days of the years, so who knows what the upgrade chances will be like? Even though those are not peak business travel days, I would think they still will draw a hefty number of elite flyers, so as a Silver Medallion you might have a lot of higher-ranking competition.
Last year I flew on these same days (Wednesday and Sunday) and I recall the GIDs at Atlanta being a sea of standby upgrades available for sale on both days.

So I would say upgrade chances will be decent, but the additional capacity cuts coming may affect the equipment or upgrade chances.

David
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
On my DL flights with snack basket, sometimes it is apples, not bananas, as the fruit choice.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by me4yankees
On my DL flights with snack basket, sometimes it is apples, not bananas, as the fruit choice.
Sometimes they don't even offer a fruit choice.

I want them to bring back the Granola Bars.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
ATL/JFK refreshments

What exactly is this in first? Is it just the snack basket or something more substantial? It is on a a BE configured bird.

Thanks in advance,
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I have flown the JFK-ATL and ATL-JFK segments a bunch of times on BE configured birds, and although the "service" is typical domestic first, I believe you get a full meal. For breakfast, I have gotten a bagel with cerael, a roll, and some fruit. For lunch, I have gotten a cold sandwich and a brownie. Enjoy the seats, they are awesome.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL
It depends at what time of the day you fly sometimes you get a meal other times you just get a snack. Just depends on the flight but it looks like as long as you aren't on a MD88 you will get a meal
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
When I have to take this flight (6 times so far this year), I always shoot for the 767, and I've always had a meal in first (BE configuration).
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:48 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
It is true that OFTEN the 767's with the BE configuration on this route serve a meal, but not always. On some days, Delta will operate an equipment movement (flights donated starting with 9xxx) and sometimes these flights do not have meals, even if the equipment is a 767 with BE or even a 777. I fly this route quite a bit and if it says refreshments, that's what it means (drinks and snack basket only). This route 7/8 times will serve some sort of meal, but if it does, it says so.

It is as one poster put, dependent more on the time of day then the flight. If you look at the last flights of the day (often operated with an MD88) there is no meal.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by DLATL777
It is as one poster put, dependent more on the time of day then the flight. If you look at the last flights of the day (often operated with an MD88) there is no meal.
For consistency, it'd be nice if DL offered a meal throughout the day instead of only at certain times, especially the time between "lunch" and "dinner". Something more substantial than the snack basket.

First Class complimentary meal times: Flights 900-1500 miles breakfast is served on flights departing between 5–9:45. Lunch is served on flights departing between 9:46am–1:30pm and dinner is served on flights departing between 4–8pm.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I'm not sure I agree with DLATL777 on this. Just last Thursday morning, I flew on DL9736 ATL-JFK on a 777-200ER departing at 8:30AM. We were served a full breakfast, even though this wasn't a "scheduled" flight and was a reposition to kick off the JFK-NRT and MAD ship rotations. So while I agree, keep an eye on what it says on DL.com, I would think that you would still get a meal depending on the time of day in a BE configured bird, be it a scheduled flight or a reposition.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by WidgetHead
I'm not sure I agree with DLATL777 on this. Just last Thursday morning, I flew on DL9736 ATL-JFK on a 777-200ER departing at 8:30AM. We were served a full breakfast, even though this wasn't a "scheduled" flight and was a reposition to kick off the JFK-NRT and MAD ship rotations. So while I agree, keep an eye on what it says on DL.com, I would think that you would still get a meal depending on the time of day in a BE configured bird, be it a scheduled flight or a reposition.
I think you misread what I wrote. I said that sometimes these positioning flights do not serve meals, not all the time. But a good data point regardless.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Originally Posted by boeingATL
What exactly is this in first? Is it just the snack basket or something more substantial? It is on a a BE configured bird.

Thanks in advance,
perfect question for ATL LAS preferably flight 1095 that departs at 9:30pm,
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Definition of Refreshments?

Hi all, I'm scheduled for ATL-DEN tomorrow and looking over the itinerary it says there are "Refreshments" in First (flight leaves at 1:41p). According to the DL site there should be some kind of meal because of the length of the flight (1199 miles) but not really sure what "refreshments" means.

Only reason I ask is because I have a 43min connection and am trying to figure out how best to get lunch! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:00 pm

You're in the gap between meal hours. You'll probably get the snack basket. Departure scheduled from T1, so you'll pass some fast food stands on the right enroute to the gate. If it changes to A, there's a Wall Street Deli mid-concourse.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:12 pm

Will be a few rounds of the snack basket and drinks; nothing more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.