Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by xanthuos
Is it possible to attend events EXCEPT the Road Warrior Training? Given the costs of attending, it would make it more difficult for me to afford this event.
Absolutely it is possible. Some people are attending just one segment, and others are attending everything. There are several people who are attending everything EXCEPT the RWT. So if you are interested in attending, please complete the registration form at the beginning of this thread. We are back to a waitlist again, but chances are good that I will get another open slot soon.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Can you confirm whether DL will receive both our FT names and our real names? You ask for both on registration, but I am not certain that I want DL to be able to tie my FT name to my real name. Sometimes I post mistakes...
If there were any risk in this, Continental would have arranged Speedy Turtle's disappearance* several years ago. She's alive & well & made an appearance at CO DO IV this winter.

They already know who many of us are anyway. It's the least of my concerns. The experience of attending this event will far outweigh any loss of anonymity. If you do remain FT-anonymous (as atldlff indicates you can) how will the rest of us know you?

*Actually, Larry Kellner thanked her for finding a hole in their system despite the ruckus that ensued.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 8, 2009 at 4:09 pm
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
They already know who many of us are anyway. It's the least of my concerns.

I'd agree with that totally. Some of us have more descriptive user names than others but based on comments/profile info if they wanted to figure out who we were it'd be VERY easy.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Heck, just look in my profile, follow the link to my website and I'm outed. I don't have any concern about the airlines knowing who I am; my only concern is the TSA/DHS will someday do a roundup and detain half the folks who've posted in TS/S.

They wouldn't be the first gov't agency in the history of civilization to do such a thing.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Same here - based on my username, my city and my status, it's not that hard for someone in SM to figure me out if they wanted to (not to mention that I've had the opportunity to meet Bob Soukup amongst others and had no problem with them knowing my real name and FT handle).
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
For those of us that will violate the spirit of this event by driving, does anybody know how much parking costs at the Hilton?

David
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave
For those of us that will violate the spirit of this event by driving, does anybody know how much parking costs at the Hilton?
$10 per day to self-park and $14 per day for valet (according to their web site).
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.

David
If you booked a room under the Flyertalk rate parking is free.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham

David
Although I'm flying in, I'll be staying with family in the Atlanta area. I'll be driving in every morning, and will also need to park at the Hilton.

Self Parking: 10.00 USD (overnight)
Valet Parking: 14.00 USD (overnight)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Dilemma
Although I'm flying in, I'll be staying with family in the Atlanta area. I'll be driving in every morning, and will also need to park at the Hilton.

Self Parking: 10.00 USD (overnight)
Valet Parking: 14.00 USD (overnight)
I'm sure that there would be some willing FT-ers who booked the group rate who would allow you to be "them" for the purposes of parking your car...... I haven't decided if I'm going to use the group rate or one of the AP rates that is cheaper....
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I'm sure that there would be some willing FT-ers who booked the group rate who would allow you to be "them" for the purposes of parking your car...... I haven't decided if I'm going to use the group rate or one of the AP rates that is cheaper....
Ya, since I live in Buckhead, I'll just be driving down each day and am hoping to find a non-local "sponsor" staying at the hotel (without a car) who's willing to allow me to park at the Hilton. I'm willing to trade for ride(s) throughout the event, specifically to PRIME so that person doesn't have to worry about getting to/from MARTA.

If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by davakkar
Ya, since I live in Buckhead, I'll just be driving down each day and am hoping to find a non-local "sponsor" staying at the hotel (without a car) who's willing to allow me to park at the Hilton.
We're staying in Dunwoody. Anyone driving in from there who can take two pax, save us from MARTA?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:24 am

The shuttle is going to PRIME correct?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
We're staying in Dunwoody. Anyone driving in from there who can take two pax, save us from MARTA?
I'll be staying in Douglasville.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by skoker
The shuttle is going to PRIME correct?
Yes it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.