Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Lounge Access LAX Sky Club

I just picked up LAX-ATL-LAX in F for 560AI for my first milage run. As a lowly Silver Med. will I have access to the lounge at LAx and ATL?? From reading the Delta site it seems that only TATL have access. Am I hanging out in style or huddling with the masses???
Old May 20, 2009, 12:25 pm

huddling with the masses.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Not for free...however, you could pay the daily access fee, or present an Amex Platinum card.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:53 pm

Hooray....I've got the AmEx plat. Sorry huddled masses, I'll be hanging in style.
Old May 20, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by tpatta
Hooray....I've got the AmEx plat. Sorry huddled masses, I'll be hanging in style.
Just making sure that it is the "real" Platinum AmEx and not the Delta Platinum AmEx. Former will get you in, latter will not.
Old May 20, 2009, 5:21 pm

Thanks Andy. It's the true AmEx Platinum Business card.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Question LAX Terminal 5 SkyClub - Any Capacity Issues?

Has anyone been to the SkyClub in Terminal 5 yet today, especially now that the consolidated Delta/Northwest flights are operating out of the terminal? I've been in there when it was packed with people -- and that was before adding all these NWA flights to the mix... But it seems like DL hasn't even addressed the issue yet.

I'd be curious to know if it's a madhouse there with all the extra flights being packed into the terminal... If so, I can safely say that my SkyClub membership renewal notices are going straight into the shredder.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I think there is more room in the McDonalds below it, I was able to leach off the t-mo wi-fi with out even going into the SkyClub from the McDonalds. Signal was a little weak but I was able to get onto the web.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SoCalLen
I've been in there when it was packed with people -- and that was before adding all these NWA flights to the mix... But it seems like DL hasn't even addressed the issue yet.
I think they will just add some portable space, like rented classrooms available from GE Capital...
Old Jun 30, 2009, 7:45 pm

Long before the NW move...

...I HATED being in the LAX CRC (now SkyClub) at night because it was ALWAYS packed! Their were (and probably still are) A LOT of red-eye flights leaving LAX, not just Delta but other SkyTeam (Air France and several AeroMexico) so the lounge was always full.

What makes it worse is that CRC/SC is basically one large room with no real partitioning AND the TVs are ALWAYS blasting. I asked once to have them turned down and the attendents said it was physically impossible to adjust the volume!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Some of th LAX SC is basically unused such as the cubicles located behind the check-in area and the fax/copy area. The cubicles are rarely if ever used and I've seen fewer people using that area compared to that of other SCs. I'd like to see Delta do something with those areas. Maybe something like the "Coke" theater in one of the ATL SCs. Heck, adding a TV and some more seating to the rotunda area would help alleviate the nightly, redeye-flight congestion.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Some of th LAX SC is basically unused such as the cubicles located behind the check-in area and the fax/copy area. The cubicles are rarely if ever used and I've seen fewer people using that area compared to that of other SCs. I'd like to see Delta do something with those areas. Maybe something like the "Coke" theater in one of the ATL SCs. Heck, adding a TV and some more seating to the rotunda area would help alleviate the nightly, redeye-flight congestion.
That's a good idea... The Rotunda area is such a waste, as it is. Yeah, great, you can look down and see everyone walking through the terminal... but otherwise it's just wasted space. The NW WorldClub in terminal 2 was definitely more ghetto, but at least it was never too ridiculously over-crowded.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
What is it with DL - they just like packing paying club members? I'm sorry to say that as a general rule CRCs always seem more crowded and WCs. Of course the old WC had some really rough edges but trying to combine ops with that one club is messy to say the least. I suppose that's why they barred the door on my 15 min before closing last month.

I seem to recall a thread mentioning a rumor of expanding the club by flooring in the atrium or something but I can't seem to find it. I wouldn't want them to get rid of the cubes though - some of us do like to sit and work/surf.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'm in the club now. Agents tell me they are staying open until 1AM for the next month or so (or until the new MEM red-eye goes away).

It's a little crowded, agents are kind as always, one NW WC person is here off to the side handling NW customers & ticketing issues.

But most disappointingly for NW folks used to the WC: no cookies, no carrots, no cheese/crackers, no whole fruit until "4 PM". All that's here is some dried fruit, pretzels and Biscoffs. Same old staffed bar with just 1 person doing both drinks and cleaning up. Shame on Delta for cutting back the amenities WC members are used to and for not fully staffing the bar now that operations have been combined with NW.

They have however added a WC-style espresso machine.

Wifi is easy to login using your WP or SM number.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Same old staffed bar with just 1 person doing both drinks and cleaning up.
Great, another rant above how great the NW WCs were. The LAX WC was nothing to be proud of.

I've never seen only one person working. At the LAX SC, there has always been two people. One to tend bar and one person to clear plates and glasses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.