Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 13, 12, 1:50 am   #1051

Programs: 1K|MM
Got a great I class fare JFK-PDX-JFK. Outbound is a dinner flight and return is on the red-eye. Based on what I read, there seem to be a number of different dinner meals on 1500+ mile flights. Also, I understand no meal on the red-eye, just a snack.

If you would be so kind, what will my options most likely be for both flights? Not so worried about the red-eye as I will have had dinner beforehand.
anc-ord772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 12, 12:00 pm   #1052

Programs: DL PM, National Exec., Marriott, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post

Made even better smothered in Bailey's.

I hereby nominate this for image/idea of the year.
trek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 12, 1:03 pm   #1053

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Taking the FAI-MSP @ 9:25 pm...says "refreshments," but 5.5 hrs seems awfully long for no meal...any insight on this?
There is no meal service in domestic first class on flights scheduled to depart after 8:00 PM.
MS02113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 12, 5:03 pm   #1054

Programs: 1K|MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anc-ord772 View Post
Got a great I class fare JFK-PDX-JFK. Outbound is a dinner flight and return is on the red-eye. Based on what I read, there seem to be a number of different dinner meals on 1500+ mile flights. Also, I understand no meal on the red-eye, just a snack.

If you would be so kind, what will my options most likely be for both flights? Not so worried about the red-eye as I will have had dinner beforehand.
Also, how are meal orders taken in the F cabin? I have no elite status, but I am also not an upgrader if that matters.
anc-ord772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 12, 6:27 pm   #1055

Programs: DL PM, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by anc-ord772 View Post
Also, how are meal orders taken in the F cabin? I have no elite status, but I am also not an upgrader if that matters.
Theoretically, FEBO. Your milage may vary, though.
pertristis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 12, 6:55 am   #1056

Programs: DL KM, GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Quote:
Taking the FAI-MSP @ 9:25 pm...says "refreshments," but 5.5 hrs seems awfully long for no meal...any insight on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS02113 View Post
There is no meal service in domestic first class on flights scheduled to depart after 8:00 PM.
Apparently not so on FAI-MSP...

MSP-FAI DL2175 (dep. 545pm)
Pre-Meal Snack:

Dinner (Manicotti w/ Marble Rye Roll, Salad with Feta, Pecans, and Cranberries w/ Greek Vinaigrette, Tiramisu Cake):

FAI-MSP DL2175 (dep. 925pm)
Dinner (Chicken Sandwich w/ Ruffles, Fruit [Pineapple, Apples, and Grapes], and Dancing Deer Peanut Butter Brownie):
sky303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 12, 11:41 pm   #1057

Just did the MSP-SFO leg in F with the wife.

We were served an evening meal

she the chicken an I the Pasta

The chicken was described as a Pot Pie, It came more like a thick soup with no pie crust. Rather tasty though

Its major problem was that it was propably prepared by a chinese chef as the chicken skin was left on and undercooked, I wouldnt turn it down but just de-skin it before eating

I took the cannoli which was quite good
Lomapaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 5:50 am   #1058

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+MM, BA Exec Silver,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
Just did the MSP-SFO leg in F with the wife.

We were served an evening meal

she the chicken an I the Pasta

The chicken was described as a Pot Pie, It came more like a thick soup with no pie crust. Rather tasty though

Its major problem was that it was propably prepared by a chinese chef as the chicken skin was left on and undercooked, I wouldnt turn it down but just de-skin it before eating

I took the cannoli which was quite good
I highly doubt that the ethnicity of the "chef" in the airline flight kitchens determines how the meat or any part of a dish is prepared as there are pretty fixed guidelines. Your ignorance is impressive.
dh01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 1:45 pm   #1059

Programs: DM, KM,
another fuss about the veg meals

SLC-ATL DL 1222, 7/20. I had absolutely no time to get something beforehand so chose to eat the pre-ordered veg meal. The dairy veg meal comprised white rice, about 5 steamed zucchini slices along with probably half a steamed red onion and red bell pepper slices , green salad with fat-free dressing and the requisite pineapple and cantaloupe (underripe) slices. There couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred calories total--and that from the rice! No protein whatsoever. After being in a very meat-centric culture for a week and living on green salads and baked potatoes, I was really craving something substantial. Surprisingly, the F cabin was offered a vegetarian lasagna which ran out before reaching the back. Tried to snag that, but FA dragon gave me the evil eye. I've offered many times to school DL catering about how to properly construct a vegetarian meal, but they just refuse to take me up on my offer ! FA's were stingy with the wine too!
Miniflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 5:08 pm   #1060

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Le Club Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
Since when is leaving skin on the chicken uniquely Chinese? Are you for real? Where have you been eating?
savekenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 12, 7:56 am   #1061

Programs: Delta SkyMiles- GM, Hilton HHonors- Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kölner View Post
Breakfast in Delta First Class on the Flight Los Angeles - Honolulu:

Very good looking and very tasty Omlett

Plus nice Mai Tai:
Just had this same breakfast on the SFO - MSP 630am flight on Thursday. The omelet was very tasty but a tad bit runny. Potatoes were delicious and the fruit cup was very fresh and included some great kiwi!

You could also choose between a bagel and croissant to go along with the other items. I chose the croissant. Light and fluffy...perfect with the included strawberry jam.

EDIT: Although it looks like they forgot the salt and pepper shakers with my meal. This was on a MD-90.
WallyInDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 12, 1:55 pm   #1062

Programs: Marriott Gold, BAEC
Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a BA regular and haven't flown a non-charter flight that wasn't with BA in a very very long time.

I am travelling the following legs (with a week in the middle) and I can't find anything particularly definitive on meals and whether they are complimentary or paid!

NCL > AMS (KLM)
AMS > JFK (Delta code share)
JFK > MSY

I'm not fussed on what's on offer between NY & New Orleans but the long flight from Amsterdam to JFK is the thing we're most interested in.

If I have overlooked something whilst searching, please feel free to link me!

Thanks in advance

Katie
LadyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 12, 7:15 pm   #1063

Programs: DL KM, GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a BA regular and haven't flown a non-charter flight that wasn't with BA in a very very long time.

I am travelling the following legs (with a week in the middle) and I can't find anything particularly definitive on meals and whether they are complimentary or paid!

NCL > AMS (KLM)
AMS > JFK (Delta code share)
JFK > MSY

I'm not fussed on what's on offer between NY & New Orleans but the long flight from Amsterdam to JFK is the thing we're most interested in.

If I have overlooked something whilst searching, please feel free to link me!

Thanks in advance

Katie
Flight numbers & class(es) of service?
sky303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 12, 12:30 am   #1064

Programs: Marriott Gold, BAEC
Hi,

Economy, and the flight we're most interested in is KL6071 which I believe is a codeshare Delta, Airbus 330-200
LadyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 12, 12:38 am   #1065

Programs: | *G | STE+ | HGP ♦ | SPG Pt | MR Au
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
Hi,

Economy, and the flight we're most interested in is KL6071 which I believe is a codeshare Delta, Airbus 330-200
http://thepointsguy.com/2011/04/klm-...omfort-review/

recent review of KLM flight JFK AMS

If it is a DL flight I haven't seen any TR lately.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jul 23, 12 at 12:45 am..
DHalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote