Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
I am one persistent DL customer.

I ranted earlier in the week in another thread about a lack of late night flights RDU-ATL, and mentioned that DL 5250 3/10 was Y0 (the only flight I have a chance in h*11 of makin).

So, I set up an alert in EF in case Y opened up and bought a refundable ticket on FL. Y opened up yesterday, but Y fare was a little too rich for my blood ($700+). So, I set up another alert for B.

That alert triggered this afternoon. However, DL.com still refused to return 5250 in the list of OW flights from RDU-ATL on 3/10. I called SMS and at first she quoted me the Y fare. I then told her I thought B was available and could she price that? She did and it priced properly (~ $340), but of course there would be a DTC unless I went to online support. I did so reluctantly.

I ended up getting an online support agent in Montego Bay, Jamaica. First time this has happened to me. Connection was really bad. He showed me to 'search by schedule' and that did bring up 5250, but only in Y. I again told him to try to book it in B, which he was able to do and went ahead and ticketed me, waiving the DTC.

I was surprised that DL.com does not seem to show all availability. I guess not surprised, per se. Just a reminder that we have to be very diligent in terms of checking various sources before we take DL.com's word as to availability and price. If it wasn't for EF, I could have easily paid double for the same seat.

In all, 30 mins on the phone and a whole lot of effort on my part, just to give DL $340 for a Y seat on a CRJ, that would have otherwise gone to FL for business class. Am I nuts or what???
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jbatl
In all, 30 mins on the phone and a whole lot of effort on my part, just to give DL $340 for a Y seat on a CRJ, that would have otherwise gone to FL for business class. Am I nuts or what???
Is that a rhetorical question?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DLfan
We better hope so...I am loyal but there are limits to every mans madness.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by DLfan
When I need those 750 MQMs at the end of the year, I'll look like a genius. A genius, I say! A genius!!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
This is really bugging me. If I search by fare class using Firefox, I get

your booking session has expired. Please start over. .

This has happened on three different computers using XP and Vista. Happens every time I search, logged in or not.

Works just fine on Internet Explorer.

David
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Can't select/change seats if changing equipment

We have a flight in July...ATL-OGG (stopover in LAX). The last few times that we've done this trip, it's usually on the same plane, so there is no issue. However, this time, we are supposed to change planes in LAX..even though the flight numbers are the same. I've called into SMS to have seats assigned, but wasn't sure if this is a bug that is being worked on, or it's just not possible to show two planes for one flight number.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:16 am

Can't see Itineraries

Hi,

This problem just started for me a couple of weeks ago. I am unable to see my upcomng reservations on the Delta site. I log on to my SkyMiles account, but when I click view upcoming itineraries it says they can not be found despite the fact that I have several. I have tried email customer support (no response) and calling (CSR stated "I don't know what to do") Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by discjester
Hi,

This problem just started for me a couple of weeks ago. I am unable to see my upcomng reservations on the Delta site. I log on to my SkyMiles account, but when I click view upcoming itineraries it says they can not be found despite the fact that I have several. I have tried email customer support (no response) and calling (CSR stated "I don't know what to do") Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
i've had this problem using the google chrome browser (which is apparently built on safari), but the problem goes away with internet explorer.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the tip; however, I am using IE. I wonder if it is because I have IE8? I doubt it but the timing is about right...

Thanks again!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DiverDave
This is really bugging me. If I search by fare class using Firefox, I get

your booking session has expired. Please start over. .

This has happened on three different computers using XP and Vista. Happens every time I search, logged in or not.

Works just fine on Internet Explorer.

David
I had particularly frequent visits from this error message on Camino (same engine as Firefox), especially after login. I cleared all .delta.com cookies and now things are working (at least for the moment!).

The problems started right after the new functionality ("Find flights that work", etc) was deployed.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bennos
I had particularly frequent visits from this error message on Camino (same engine as Firefox), especially after login. I cleared all .delta.com cookies and now things are working (at least for the moment!).

The problems started right after the new functionality ("Find flights that work", etc) was deployed.
Thanks for the tip. ^ Is there an easy way to clear only delta.com cookies?

David
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Thanks for the tip. ^ Is there an easy way to clear only delta.com cookies?

David
Firefox >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Show Cookies

Scroll down until you see a folder called "delta.com". Highlight it (single click), then click "Remove Cookie" (not "Remove All Cookies").

If you've previously had the site remember your SM #, you'll have to enter it again.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
Firefox >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Show Cookies

Scroll down until you see a folder called "delta.com". Highlight it (single click), then click "Remove Cookie" (not "Remove All Cookies").

If you've previously had the site remember your SM #, you'll have to enter it again.
That did the trick, thanks for the help. ^

Seems like DeltaWebDev has left the building , so I guess we're back on our own....

David
Old May 9, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
OLCI for next day return, multi carrier

Perhaps this is working as intended, but I have so many itineraries which involve next day return, and multi carrier. On the outbound, I have no problem with check-in as I check in with the operating carrier. For my return, (DL flights with DL confirmation no), I try to check-in 24 hours prior at DL.com, and your online DL checkin takes me to NW checkin, where NW site indicate outbound flight had already left and fail. When I try to check-in at nwa.com and specify the departing city, even though my return segment is operated by DL, NW website directs me to DL website for check-in but fails with different error messages.

Could DL design the check-in site so that we can specify the check-in departing city so that it won't go back and forth between the two(NW and DL) sites?

Jiburi
Old May 10, 2009, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Earn 5000 Miles When You Use Pay With Miles!Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:55 AM

I got this email this morning, I have the DL Plat Amex and when I try to register with the link in the email I get the following error:

We are sorry, the SkyMiles number you entered is not eligible for this offer.
I want to use PWM and want this 5000 bonus. Any help? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.