Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Ipad Fly Delta app is rendering the mobile (iphone) sell screen instead of the more complete ipad sell screen. Been doing this intermittently for several days. Tried reloading the fly delta app on the ipad, signing out/in, powering off ipad, etc. and none of those actions work. Seems to be totally random whether I get the normal ipad sell screen, or the more limited iphone sell screen.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by jsbh
Tried this on my iPad and PC and in both cases it is making me re-enter payment methods. Essentially it is not taking my payment method from the Wallet on delta.com.
Finally figured out that they must have added some integration w AMEX. There's a new Amex pay button in the upper area of the payment method section. Once I clicked through and added my details, I can use my skymiles amex again (prepopulated).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:57 am

Trying to book a KLM flight using skymiles on delta.com, consistently getting errors:

- Search for award availability, see AMS - CPT as available on KLM metal.
- Click on the flight, see the miles and taxes as expected.
- Click through to next page to add passenger details and the page just shows the header, the whole data entry forms don't show up at all ....

Edit, found a solution - make sure you're logged in BEFORE you do the award search. I think this will work, haven't tried ticketing yet.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
While not a bug, per se...I sent in two separate compliments via the website. I did not receive the normal bounce back email that they had been received. It's been awhile since I've used the compliment/complaint link. Have they stopped sending out the auto responses in the interim, or should I resend my compliments? They were very well deserved, and I want to make sure the employees involved get recognition.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:44 pm

Had a miserable time trying to book a simple domestic flight. I kept getting timed out
immediately and had to log in about 8 times to finish it. Then I could not use my Amex - I don't want to put in my Amex password so I had to use a VISA card. This transaction took
a half hour, when it should have taken 2 minutes. Finally, I tried to send DL a complaint and, though there is NO option to file a complaint about the website experience, I dutifully completed the long form twice, only to have it never go through. It was so frustrating that I almost switched to an AA connection midway.

Last edited by Mickidon; Jul 23, 2017 at 3:46 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Mickidon
Then I could not use my Amex - I don't want to put in my Amex password so I had to use a VISA card.
Wait, what? You should definitely not need to enter your Amex password at all in order to make a purchase with it. If for no other reason than there are plenty of folks who hold an Amex but do not have an online account at all....

What exactly was the website asking you to enter? We're you directly on delta.com? I would be very suspicious if any merchant site asked me for the password to my payment account.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Wait, what? You should definitely not need to enter your Amex password at all in order to make a purchase with it. If for no other reason than there are plenty of folks who hold an Amex but do not have an online account at all....

What exactly was the website asking you to enter? We're you directly on delta.com? I would be very suspicious if any merchant site asked me for the password to my payment account.
Truth be told, I was so frustrated by getting logged out that I didn't pay much attention, but it looked like a box offering express AX check out in the future
if I linked to my account, putting in my AX log in, which I didn't do. I was
not able to click on the Amex regular button to enter my card, so I just
put in a visa card, as it was the only one I was able to put in. I think
the whole website was acting up - and I am working on an old computer -
so I am not sure of the origin of the problem, only that it was a ridiculous experience for a simple booking. Finally all went through and I have a confirmation.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
BTW to the OP, there is sort of a way to submit a complaint about the web site from the "COMMENT/COMPLAINT?" link in the upper right corner:

https://www.delta.com/contactus/commentComplaint

For Category pick "Get Technical Assistance" and then for Subcategory "Website Navigational & Technical Assistance". I've used this to report web site bugs.

You could also probably put it under Voice a Complaint > General Feedback > Other General Feedback. It's not like it goes into a black hole if you pick wrong they will follow up either way.

Originally Posted by gooselee

If you select "credit card" (NOT one of your saved cards from "my wallet") there is an option for Amex Express Checkout:

Name:  Screenshot 2017-07-23 at 16.02.38.png
Views: 2174
Size:  58.2 KB

VISA has a similar thing called "Verified by VISA"

basically it sends you over to your CC's web site (or a popup) where you login and approve the transaction and then it returns you to the checkout flow of whatever you're buying.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Truth be told, I was so frustrated by getting logged out that I didn't pay much attention, but it looked like a box offering express AX check out in the future
if I linked to my account, putting in my AX log in, which I didn't do.
I don't think it actually links your accounts. You'd have to login to your AMEX account each time if you wanted to use this feature. This is arguably a more secure (for the CC company) way to checkout since if you can successfully provide your login creds they have better confidence it's actually you making the purchase.

I was not able to click on the Amex regular button to enter my card, so I just
put in a visa card, as it was the only one I was able to put in. I think
the whole website was acting up - and I am working on an old computer -
so I am not sure of the origin of the problem, only that it was a ridiculous experience for a simple booking. Finally all went through and I have a confirmation.
If the credit card icons weren't working (which could be related to using an old computer or browser, although I'm just speculating) you might still be able to use the drop-down menu that says "Select Card Type" to switch to AMEX -- give that a whirl if it happens again.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Current 2017 Status Lower than 2018 Status

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything related to this so apologies if I missed it. My spend on the Delta Amex finally posted so my status shot up from Silver to Platinum. However, for 2017, Delta.com is still showing my status as Silver...
Attached Images  
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ncurhan
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything related to this so apologies if I missed it. My spend on the Delta Amex finally posted so my status shot up from Silver to Platinum. However, for 2017, Delta.com is still showing my status as Silver...
Did this just post today? As a general rule your current year status is updated the day after the requisite MQMs/spend are posted.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Typing in "Delta.com" into my Safari Browser gives me an error showing "Bad Request". I have to type in "Www.Delta.com" for it to work
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Finally posted a few days later so during my flights this week I flew as an FO still
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:20 pm

Strange experience booking this trip. Had started the search with Google Flights/ITA Matrix and found something for ~$790-800 per person, but could not get the booking to "take" from GF or via the ITA userscript.

Multi-city search on delta.com for SFO-TPE // HKG-SFO produced some broken fare at $3k-$4k per person.

I had to break it up into three pieces, SFO-SEA // SEA-TPE // HKG-SFO to replicate the $800 fare. But even then, I could not select flights. It would let me pick the first SFO-SEA flight, but when I picked a SEA-NRT-TPE itinerary it would give me the "oops" message and kick me back out to the starting page. This was if I was logged in.

In a private window and/or logged out, I was able to select the flights I wanted, and then login during the checkout process. Weird.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Sign. Another case of a global upgrade getting stuck and not being reticketed.

Fortunately I watched my trip like a hawk, noticed I was no longer waitlisted (but still in the main cabin), and called.

1st agent: nope you're not cleared / no availability
HUCA
2nd agent: looks like you just cleared (hours ago) but I can't do anything about it
HUCA
3rd agent: you're right. Can I put you on hold while I contact the international reissue desk.

Just glad I did this the day before travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.