Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's New Inflight Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Actually, I find this to be highly obnoxious. Most people don't smoke anyway, and most smokers don't violate the no-smoking rules on planes anyway, so this smarmy tone is condescending and unnecesary. I guess if the flight was full of teenagers it might make sense to use that kind of tone. But I don't think the typical business traveler or retiree appreciates being talked to like that.

I know you will probably tell me to "lighten up", and I probably should. But the whole trend towards cutesiness in corporate America is really tiresome.
Oh but on the international routes they like to smoke and they would if they could. I know a few flights where people were arrested after landing on long international flights because they had lit up in the bathrooms
Old Feb 21, 2008, 6:51 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
Actually, I find this to be highly obnoxious. Most people don't smoke anyway, and most smokers don't violate the no-smoking rules on planes anyway, so this smarmy tone is condescending and unnecesary. I guess if the flight was full of teenagers it might make sense to use that kind of tone. But I don't think the typical business traveler or retiree appreciates being talked to like that.

I know you will probably tell me to "lighten up", and I probably should. But the whole trend towards cutesiness in corporate America is really tiresome.
Lighten up!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM
For old times sake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_-J...eature=related
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Wink Everyone...

...is entitled to their opinion.

Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by J-M
The girl in the window exit row is hot
LOL - The guy in the seatbelt demonstration part (the pax) looks like a pedophile.

TFD
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
Surprise this hasn't been mentioned, yet, but DL has posted a version of their new inflight safety video on Youtube. Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpzUo_kbFY
I also cannot believe that I just sat through 4+ mins of this on Youtube when I am going to see it 200+ more times this year....

TFD

If you want to check out some hot FAs in a video, check out Kingfisher Airlines. And NO, they are not real employees, they are models....^^^
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
All FA's were asked to audition for the parts. I know several that had auditioned and didn't make it and then those that did. She is super fun and has a great accent She was in the Coming Out of BK Video DL made for the employees too.
So...what routes do Deltalina and ExitRowGirl fly? I might be SDCing for new reasons now...
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Task Force DL
I also cannot believe that I just sat through 4+ mins of this on Youtube when I am going to see it 200+ more times this year....

TFD
TFD? Not familiar with that one....

You think THAT IS BAD....I've downloaded it and put it on my Treo 755p so I can show it to random family/friends/strangers/etc....
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Task Force DL
LOL - The guy in the seatbelt demonstration part (the pax) looks like a pedophile.

TFD
OH... TFD = "Task Force DL"?? Why pick that as flyertalk name?

seatbelt guy (the pax) looks fine to me....the pilot in the PREVIOUS safety video, at the beginning....HE looked like a child predator to me...(not that I know what one really looks like...but just looked a little TOO happy/eager etc)
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:04 pm

Viral Marketing idea....

Originally Posted by atl runner
Then I hope they are holding classes for all 738 FAs on how to do the finger-wag.
So I really do think that the finger wag is pure genious! I'm curious if that was scripted before hand or was improvised...

I can TOTALLY see the finger wag catching on...imagine sitting on Delta flights and those of us who fly a lot and have seen the video way too many time actually start DOING the finger wag along with Deltalina during the video....

The finger wag could totally be like the secret delta hand shake...

Any other MIT alum reading this...kinda like at LSC when everyone yells out "Monday...IN STEREO!"

Last edited by Burj; Feb 21, 2008 at 9:35 pm
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Burj
OH... TFD = "Task Force DL"?? Why pick that as flyertalk name?

RE: the name, it kind of just popped into my mind... If you seriously want to critique names, there is much fodder here

seatbelt guy (the pax) looks fine to me....the pilot in the PREVIOUS safety video, at the beginning....HE looked like a child predator to me...(not that I know what one really looks like...but just looked a little TOO happy/eager etc)
YOU ARE RIGHT - The old dude. LOL

TFD
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Wait! I thought any good night club (gay or not) doesn't get really swinging until about 2 am...or is that your point? At midnight they are playing bad Delta Safety video music?
Sorry, You have to realize I am from Utah, and our state liquor board makes sure we are on our way home from our clubs at 2am. Liquor isn't served after 1am, thus the music is pretty good at midnight. And I like this music.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:26 pm

Who is Delta Freak?

Delta Freak,

First off thanks for the post and information... I take it that you had something to do with this video? Can you elaborate? Do you work for Delta, or for the company they hired to produce the video?

In any case it is really great that you are reading this forum and contributing, we appreciate it...

So a bunch of random comments/questions:

1) You do agree that O2 guy's hair does need a little help in the video...but then again 99.9999% of people are NOT going to notice his hair as it is only noticeable for like 1 second on the video...

Originally Posted by DeltaFreak
Really?....I mean, really? The music in the new music is modern, hip and I dare say "cool" .
2) I like the music as it is a good "background" music and is not boring/normal. The old music sounded just like the generic corporate music used by everyone else. So is it possible to get the "soundtrack" of the safety video with out the audio? (Wow, I am a geek aren't I!)

As an aside about Airlines and music....United's use of their music is really great branding...anyone who hears those notes instantly thinks of UNITED. I almost wonder if this would make good background music to play while the plane is taxi-ing before taking off or after landing? This could help with the corporate branding of Delta as "young/hip." If any of you have ever traveled on Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) they have this great "ethnic" music that instantly evokes "Pakistan" that they play when the plane is taxi-ing...can be heard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kw88FPBl8A

starting about 25 seconds into the video....

That's why the F/A is speaking to the "audience" rather than a random voiceover.
3) Which at first I didn't really "get" but then when you do the split screen and show the BACK of her to show the nearest door might be behind you...WOW, definitely noticed because was not like anything I've seen in safety videos before... I think that (along with the wag and the tooth sparkle) people will remember.

Nice catch on the "mobile" phone vs. "cell" phone. That always bothered me too. That's why it was changed.
4) Well I can't say enough THANK YOUs to cover this...honestly for people who notice (most likely international pax) it does make Delta seem more sophisticated/worldly

Wow I think this is my longest post ever....but hopefully there won't be another new video for quite a while as this one is pretty nifty!

-Burj
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
1) At the beginning she says "MOBILE phones" should be off, not *cell* which is AWESOME because MOBILE is what everyone else in the world calls them and technically "cell" is short for "cellular" which was originally an old ANALOG technology...so really "mobile phone" is the better term. However because so many people (mis)use "cell phone" some how that is the norm in America
I understand that most of the world calls them mobile but I didn't realize that digital mobile phones aren't "cellular". We could just call them full duplex radios.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Sorry, You have to realize I am from Utah, and our state liquor board makes sure we are on our way home from our clubs at 2am. Liquor isn't served after 1am, thus the music is pretty good at midnight. And I like this music.
Wait? There is LIQUOR in Utah? I are you SURE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.