Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old May 28, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Wouldn't FEBO still apply?
It applied during our ATL>HNL and HNL>ATL flights earlier this month. But of course this is at the whim of the flight crew.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Privacy v. Service

Originally Posted by C W
Great, thank you! ^

You get early service, right?
International service was discussed a couple pages back by Baccarat King. Apparently service is BACK TO FRONT and meal choice is FRONT TO BACK.

I'm debating which I care for more, service or privacy; 5A is open and that seems best for service, but the privacy of 2J calls.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:33 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by In2ishn
International service was discussed a couple pages back by Baccarat King. Apparently service is BACK TO FRONT and meal choice is FRONT TO BACK.

I'm debating which I care for more, service or privacy; 5A is open and that seems best for service, but the privacy of 2J calls.
I always like 2J, and flew in that many times (off the top of my head, perhaps 12+). When they modified the A330s (gosh, seems like a million years ago), the only active galley is behind Delta One on the -300 or between the main and mini-cabin (Delta One) on the -200. The front galley is just storage and snacks, but not an "active" galley. Also, the lavs are pretty "offset" (for lack of a better term) so that never seemed to be a bother.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:44 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I always like 2J, and flew in that many times (off the top of my head, perhaps 12+). When they modified the A330s (gosh, seems like a million years ago), the only active galley is behind Delta One on the -300 or between the main and mini-cabin (Delta One) on the -200. The front galley is just storage and snacks, but not an "active" galley. Also, the lavs are pretty "offset" (for lack of a better term) so that never seemed to be a bother.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to give it a try, I've actually selected it on two upcoming segments
Old May 30, 2017, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I'm sold! Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Best C+ seats on A300-300

Hi.

Looking for some seat advice on trip I have booked JFK-CDG on the A300-300. Have you seen the low fares for Thanksgiving week? Wowza!! Too good to pass up.

Anyway. Looking for best C+ seats. 2 of us traveling.

On the outbound we can get 10G 10H or pretty much any seat on rows 12,13,14.

Is the active galley in row 10 a bother? We will try to sleep on this flight. Or better to be a few rows back and have a window seat for a little more privacy?

On the return we can only get 12B 13B. Day flight. We will be awake most of the flight eating drinking chatting watching tv. Nothing available in rows 10,11.

Thanks all.

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mridley2
Hi.

Looking for some seat advice on trip I have booked JFK-CDG on the A300-300. Have you seen the low fares for Thanksgiving week? Wowza!! Too good to pass up.

Anyway. Looking for best C+ seats. 2 of us traveling.

On the outbound we can get 10G 10H or pretty much any seat on rows 12,13,14.

Is the active galley in row 10 a bother? We will try to sleep on this flight. Or better to be a few rows back and have a window seat for a little more privacy?

On the return we can only get 12B 13B. Day flight. We will be awake most of the flight eating drinking chatting watching tv. Nothing available in rows 10,11.

Thanks all.

Thanks.
10H and 10G or 10H and 10J? 10H and 10G are not next to each other, they are across from each other if that is an issue.

In terms of row 10 itself, we flew 10H and 10J on the daytime DL 65 (FCO - ATL) in May. Didn't notice any issue with galley noise from row 10 and the Y bathrooms are behind you so no bathroom traffic. I believe that galley is used for J anyway since the forward galley is relatively small whereas the Y galley is in the back of the plane.

Plenty of legroom and width for me (5' 11'', 160) and a bit more than standard C+ - if I was fully stretched out my feet just barely touched the wall. Other positive about row 10 is it gets served first for everything so if you are planning on eating on the flight rather than go straight to bed you'll get served earlier and the noise of service will disappear more quickly as they work down the aisle away from you.

Only downside is no underseat storage. Also note that AVOD screen is stored in the armrest area so you have to put it down for take-off and landing as opposed to all other non-bulkhead seats on the A330 which are AVOD in the seat in front and have it running from the time you get on the plane to the time you get off.

For the return take what you can get for now and see if things open up. Since 12B and 13B are both aisles, you may be able to get the 12A or 13A person to trade on the plane.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by mridley2
And just a heads up about seats 13A and J, because of the way the aircraft is designed, there is no window in that row. You'd have to lean a good deal forward or back to get a view.

So I'd recommend aiming for row 12 if you can.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:19 pm

My wife and I have purchased first class for ATL>HNL next May. It is supposed to be A333-300. We have chosen 3C/3G. I can see that the center seats are best for people traveling together that want to sit together. I'm curious though how easy it is to interact. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like we'll have to lean all the way forward if we want to see and talk to each other. Will it be possible to say, play cards or watch a movie together?

I can see how this cabin is great for privacy, but I really enjoyed BA club world where we really felt like we were sitting together and sharing the experience. Curious what others think.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
My wife and I have purchased first class for ATL>HNL next May. It is supposed to be A333-300. We have chosen 3C/3G. I can see that the center seats are best for people traveling together that want to sit together. I'm curious though how easy it is to interact. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like we'll have to lean all the way forward if we want to see and talk to each other. Will it be possible to say, play cards or watch a movie together?

I can see how this cabin is great for privacy, but I really enjoyed BA club world where we really felt like we were sitting together and sharing the experience. Curious what others think.
It's really fine. You are overthinking it. The only thing to keep in mind is that the first row (row 2, 2CG) is slightly more private. I've flown the A330s numerous times with my daughter and we were able to communicate just fine. I mostly travelled alone (2J, was my preferred) and I've had that seat 20+ times. But, for couples that want to be together on any level, center is the only way to go.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
The seat arrangement will make it very difficult for you to play cards or watch a movie together. If you want to see each other you will have to lean forward (not way forward) but you can talk to each other without doing so.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
2C/G or 5C/G?

Posted more details about it in the seat swap thread but originally had 3A and 4A for a trip with a companion. His seat was swapped to the other side (J) seat and no A or J seats are left to swap to. So we're considering the center section. Row 2, 5, 7, and 9 all have both center seats (C/G) available.

Do FTers with regular A330-300 experience have any preference if in the center section? Flight is an even number if that will matter for FEBO. Leaning towards Row 5 or Row 2. Is Row 2 quiet enough despite being closer to where the forward galley and lavs are located?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Posted more details about it in the seat swap thread but originally had 3A and 4A for a trip with a companion. His seat was swapped to the other side (J) seat and no A or J seats are left to swap to. So we're considering the center section. Row 2, 5, 7, and 9 all have both center seats (C/G) available.

Do FTers with regular A330-300 experience have any preference if in the center section? Flight is an even number if that will matter for FEBO. Leaning towards Row 5 or Row 2. Is Row 2 quiet enough despite being closer to where the forward galley and lavs are located?
Either is perfectly fine IMO - the forward galley isn't used a ton and the forward lav is so far forward I don't think it'd even bother row 1.

If it were me, I'd go for row 5 for two reasons:
1) There are video screens above row 1. Usually they are good about turning them off, but at the end of the day it's something you don't directly control and row 2 is closer to them.
2) I just personally prefer mid-cabin unless there is a distinct advantage to one of the ends (like 7A/D on the 777). But that's totally a personal thing.
jalves likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Amb, DL GM, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver, HH Gold, Hertz PC, National EE
Have two trips coming up with one being D1 and another in Coach (with companion). Current seating arrangement is 2J for the D1 trip, 27H + 27J for the other. Lots of flexibility/availability to change, and as it is my first ride on the A333, I wanted to confirm these selections were the best I can get.

In browsing this thread, I see a lot of love for the legroom in Row 27. SeatGuru mentions there is are no windows - is this correct? Also, any problems with the lavatory odor percolating to the seats?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:43 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by drew502
Have two trips coming up with one being D1 and another in Coach (with companion). Current seating arrangement is 2J for the D1 trip, 27H + 27J for the other. Lots of flexibility/availability to change, and as it is my first ride on the A333, I wanted to confirm these selections were the best I can get.

In browsing this thread, I see a lot of love for the legroom in Row 27. SeatGuru mentions there is are no windows - is this correct? Also, any problems with the lavatory odor percolating to the seats?
2J is excellent. Very private feeling. My favorite seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.