Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
any feedback on what the best J seats to choose on the A332?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest
I have flown the 767-300 and 400 with lie flat as well as the 747 JFK-TLV with lie flat. On the 767s the console in which the table is stored alternated form row to row, sometimes it is on the window side of the seat, other times it is on the aisle. Is there such a set up on the A330? Also, is the seat more like the 767 lie flats (I don't love these for lack of easy access arm level storage and I think the seats are not wide enough) or like the 747 (much larger seat, liked it better, but still not in love with it)? Perhaps it is not like either.
The table is triangular shaped and between the seat and the window. In the center, the two seats are angled toward each other with triangle tables in the middle.

And I agree that this is the most comfortable cabin in the fleet.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Having the triangular table makes a big difference. As much as I love the 777, most of the seats aren't so good for having space to put stuff other than a drink or a bit of reading matter.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Thanks S1... and MSPeco, I like the fact there is not a console as in the 767s that complicate getting to the aisle if it is aisle-side. I suspected the A330 would be the best. Before lie-flats, I always found it felt spacious and pretty comfortable for the times. I look forward to my DTW-AMS flight this summer on one of these birds.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Are the 2 front row seats the best for two people or would you recommend somewhere else?
(We would like to have a window seat, but those all seem to be more suited for 1 person traveling).
Can anyone provide some insights on this?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Can anyone provide some insights on this?
It's a 1-2-1 layout. If you're traveling with a companion and want to talk to/interact with them, it's far easier in the two seats next to each other.

If the window is most important, you'd have to fully turn around to talk.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
It's a 1-2-1 layout. If you're traveling with a companion and want to talk to/interact with them, it's far easier in the two seats next to each other.

If the window is most important, you'd have to fully turn around to talk.
Thanks.

Is there anything better or worse about the two front row seats (1C and 1G) and their layout / space than the seats in other rows?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:50 am

Anyone with an opinion on whether 1C and 1G are the best seats for 2 traveling together with the 1-2-1 layout?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
A330 BE seats BOS-AMS-BOS... prefer the seats that are directly adjacent to the aisle... I know they all have access to the aisle but which seats are "closer" to the aisle, if you know what I mean? Traveling alone.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RobertS975
A330 BE seats BOS-AMS-BOS... prefer the seats that are directly adjacent to the aisle... I know they all have access to the aisle but which seats are "closer" to the aisle, if you know what I mean? Traveling alone.
They all have exactly the same aisle access. If you are traveling alone you might want to select a window seat as these are very private. The center seats are also private but less so. Just to be clear, the window seats are also aisle seats on this a/c.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertS975
I think these seats are like the 744 seats where there no seat has the console between the seat and aisle.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:17 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Thanks.

Is there anything better or worse about the two front row seats (1C and 1G) and their layout / space than the seats in other rows?
Anyone with an opinion on whether 1C and 1G are the best seats for 2 traveling together with the 1-2-1 layout?
They are very good seats, and "slightly" more private. The front of the A330 cabin is pretty quiet anyway, since there is no galley in the front.

The downside, for some, is that service is back to front; so you are served last.

I sat in 1C once (due to a last minute upgrade), and found it perfectly acceptable (as a solo traveler). But, agree, these seats are better for two people traveling together. The vast majority of the time, if possible, I choose a solo seat.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Currently, wife and I are confirmed in EC center block bulkhead seats 10C & 10D. Obviously, that means one of us (likely me) would have to be in middle seat. The advantage being extra legroom in bulkhead. But, now 2 seats have opened up together (11H & 11J). I have not flown the new A333 yet, so for those that have flown in EC, can you comment/advise?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vballny23
Currently, wife and I are confirmed in EC center block bulkhead seats 10C & 10D. Obviously, that means one of us (likely me) would have to be in middle seat. The advantage being extra legroom in bulkhead. But, now 2 seats have opened up together (11H & 11J). I have not flown the new A333 yet, so for those that have flown in EC, can you comment/advise?
See these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

Great pics from this trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...e-sea-hkg.html
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Rwoman; I thought you did this because of a thread I posted a few days ago; in which I complained that the A330 EC seats (on the new retrofits) have terrible recline compared to what they used to have and what the 777 and 767 both have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.