Search

Looking for model of Delta jet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM and AA
Looking for model of Delta jet

Hi Delta Folks
My kid collects the plastic models of airline jets. Since I have a layover in ATL next week I want to see if I can get a Delta (any aircraft).
My question is for you regulars, will this be easy to find in any shop in the airport, or is there a specific one I should go to?

Thanks for help
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
I’m not sure if I’ve seen any in the airport. If you have 2+ hours, you might consider going to the Delta museum that’s essentially on property just north of the runways. You would need to take an uber or taxi, or possibly take the shuttle to the Renaissance and walk over (but that’s more time consuming).
Fly2Connect and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:21 am

Just search Amazon for “Delta model (whatever)” and you’ll be good to go.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just be making a connection home and not from U.S.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by HCruiseMike
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just be making a connection home and not from U.S.

Any store that sells snacks and books/magazines should sell them. As to the quality of them, they could be the cheap plastic ones where you pull back and it moves forward or they could be the metal ones.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:42 am

See if this link has what you want. It is Delta sponsored.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Hi Delta Folks
My kid collects the plastic models of airline jets. Since I have a layover in ATL next week I want to see if I can get a Delta (any aircraft).
My question is for you regulars, will this be easy to find in any shop in the airport, or is there a specific one I should go to?

Thanks for help
You can probably find this play set at several airport stores (Hudson News, etc).

If you’re looking for a bigger or higher quality model, those types of shops are rarer in airports and your best bet will be Amazon or an online retailer that specializes in airplane models and other aviation items.
MSPeconomist and OHDL1 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
If you’re looking for a bigger or higher quality model, those types of shops are rarer in airports and your best bet will be Amazon or an online retailer that specializes in airplane models and other aviation items.
For more elaborate airplane models/collectibles, I'd try this site - they have an enormous assortment:

https://www.airplaneshop.com/
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:55 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
can't you just doctor up a balsa one?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:03 am
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emma dog
I’m not sure if I’ve seen any in the airport. If you have 2+ hours, you might consider going to the Delta museum that’s essentially on property just north of the runways. You would need to take an uber or taxi, or possibly take the shuttle to the Renaissance and walk over (but that’s more time consuming).
I would highly recommend this if you have the time. Pretty cool place.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi Delta Folks

Thanks for help
Yes, they do. They do selling on eBay. You can orders it online. They will mailing it to you.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How old is the OP's kid? The playset would be good for a young child, but not so young that one would worry about the small objects going into the mouth (choking hazard). I wouldn't be surprised if the playset has warnings for toddlers and a recommended age range.
I'd be more concerned about a choking hazard if it was this model, no matter the age of the recipient:
captaink, DLHubber and Smaug like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
You can probably find this play set at several airport stores (Hudson News, etc).

Pretty sure that same set was being sold 20 years ago in various airports.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:33 am
Original Poster

He's a teenager. I live in Prague so mail order, outside of airport etc won't work. But thanks.
I just thought some of you regular Delta guys may remember. I don't see Atlanta that often.
If I can't find one like the kinds he has, I'll just get that kid set and pull out the plane and pitch the rest.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.