Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No longer provided option to request comfort+ upgrade without Middle Seat

Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I vividly recall the Delta app allowing me to request an update to Comfort+ aisle or window only. I just booked two flights for later this week and in both cases, I am unable to check the box to the request a comfort+ upgrade but it states : "Aisle, middle, or window seats will be assigned based on availability". Did something change with the app? Or the ability to request a non-middle seat?

*I recently became Platinum if that might have changed something for me*
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
This option only becomes available at check-in. Pre-checkin options do not allow you to differentiate.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Interesting. Thank you. One of the flights actually alerted me that I had been upgraded to Comfort+ without moving me into the section. Once I got the notice, I went in the app and selected a window seat on my own. So it appears that I can still get upgraded to Comfort+ without actually checking the box.....the system just wont move me automatically into an open comfort+ seat in this circumstance. Is my understanding correct?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles
If you just made Platinum you should be able to go in and select yourself some comfort plus seats at no cost. I don't believe you have to wait for them to do it for you. Give it a shot and see if it works.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by rikramer
Interesting. Thank you. One of the flights actually alerted me that I had been upgraded to Comfort+ without moving me into the section. Once I got the notice, I went in the app and selected a window seat on my own. So it appears that I can still get upgraded to Comfort+ without actually checking the box.....the system just wont move me automatically into an open comfort+ seat in this circumstance. Is my understanding correct?
Correct.. assuming seats are available. A lot of the time (or at least a lot of the time for me.. like every flight ) you will end up waitlisted and you can click the button and it will auto-upgrade you once a seat is available.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kunosoura
If you just made Platinum you should be able to go in and select yourself some comfort plus seats at no cost. I don't believe you have to wait for them to do it for you. Give it a shot and see if it works.
Upgrade must be processed first (to SU class) . Might require re-entering your SM number (assuming OPs account is actually showing as Plat).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.