Wiki Posts
Search

Miles posting immediately after flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Miles posting immediately after flight

Anyone else experience this? I had a flight yesterday landed at the destination at 11:05 PM and when I logged into Delta to track my baggage the miles for the flight had already posted. (11:25 ish)

My status also updated immediately as well from regular ole SkyMiles to silver medallion.

Last edited by HWGeeks; Aug 23, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I’ve had some post between segments, in 1-2 hours. Never international though, just domestic.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
This was at max a 20-minutes from landing to posting, normally this flight for me anyway took 2 days to post. So I was surprised
TheHorta likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Skymiles
I hit Gold Medallion last year and had the welcome email or whatever you want to call it in my inbox before I landed. It was SEA-HKG and the email was there when I turned my phone off after touching down in HKG.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
I've never seen it hit that quick. It took about 24 hours from the time I landed on my last flight for the miles to show up, and about 48 hours for my Medallion status to change from Tupperware to Silver.
badgerchemist likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I had my status update between the time I landed in NRT and got on the train to head to Tokyo. Sometimes it can be really quick.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Who remembers back in the day when like clockwork, the miles were in your account in the time it took to get to your seat after scanning your bp?

That's not to say I have issues with the current posting time. I wish others (ahem...B6) would do a better job of posting sooner.
indufan and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I think OP is right - something is different - I also have very recently had US48 flights post to my account within an hour or two of arrival. Starting maybe two weeks ago.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
In the not too distant past I was getting mine posted very quickly after the flight. Recently, it's been closer to 48 hours after the flight but last Friday's posted by midnight.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tkey75
Who remembers back in the day when like clockwork, the miles were in your account in the time it took to get to your seat after scanning your bp?

That's not to say I have issues with the current posting time. I wish others (ahem...B6) would do a better job of posting sooner.
Mostly when the flight was closed....which was basically immediately.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
I've noticed this going back at least a few months, maybe longer. Used to be 1-2 days, now it's a few minutes/hours.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
I will hit silver status on the first of three legs next month... does that mean I become eligible for upgrades in the last 2 flights?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:35 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Originally Posted by Fes426
I will hit silver status on the first of three legs next month... does that mean I become eligible for upgrades in the last 2 flights?
Likelihood of FO upgrades aside, the status only updates at midnight after the necessary MQM/MQS/MQD is posted. So likely no.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Fes426
Even if you do - as a silver, set your expectations for any comp UG very low. Probably won't matter/you likely won't clear even if your status updates in time
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mindspin_311
I hit Gold Medallion last year and had the welcome email or whatever you want to call it in my inbox before I landed. It was SEA-HKG and the email was there when I turned my phone off after touching down in HKG.
I normally turn my phone on after landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.