Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Old May 30, 2012, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by cygnus
Quick question from a soon to be 1MM: are the presents for people based in Europe different from those of people based in the US?

The reason why I'm asking is that I have the possibility to change my address to one in the US (I'm commuting back and forth, am in the US about 25% of the time or so), so if there is a big difference I would reconsider what address I am listed under...
I'm Europe based and when I hit 1MM a few months ago I was offered the standard choices. Shipping alone on my Hartman luggage was over $100.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Data point on how quickly MM status posts:

I recently cleared the MM threshhold, and I received a "Welcome to One Million Miles" email inviting me to choose a MM gift two days after the flight. The MM legend showed up on my SM account online within those same two days. I haven't picked the gift yet. The choices are from Hartman and Tiffany.

I'll be going with the latter. I already have luggage.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Data point on how quickly MM status posts:

I recently cleared the MM threshhold, and I received a "Welcome to One Million Miles" email inviting me to choose a MM gift two days after the flight. The MM legend showed up on my SM account online within those same two days. I haven't picked the gift yet. The choices are from Hartman and Tiffany.

I'll be going with the latter. I already have luggage.
congrats. Personally, I have found the selection of gifts to be quite weak and still haven't choosen mine after getting 1MM status Feb 2011. In fact, unless they do something to offer new gifts, I'll hit 2MM without having choosen anything.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Congratulations -as I said in a thread amonth or two back, it certainly seems Delta (or some in Delta) view you as a loyal customer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...something.html
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Data points and details on gift options:

I cleared the MM threshold on a flight back to ATL on Memorial Day. Pretty much as soon as I saw credit for that flight post to my account, a new little "Million Miler" legend showed up alongside my Medallion level and Amex membership when I log in to DL.com. About two days after Memorial Day, I received an email welcoming me to MM status and inviting me to select a gift on the website. About three weeks after Memorial Day, I received a card in the mail that was basically the same as the email, and on the same day I received a new Medallion package with new bag tags bearing the MM logo.

When I went through the steps to see the gift selections, the options were from Hartman and Tiffany, as reported upthread. The Hartman selections included about a half dozen suitcases and briefcases. The Tiffany seletions included maybe as many as a dozen options, including a silver pen, a silver business card holder, a silver link men's bracelet, an Elsa Peretti bean or teardrop necklace (forget which), plain oval cufflinks, and airplane cufflinks.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Data points and details on gift options:

I cleared the MM threshold on a flight back to ATL on Memorial Day. Pretty much as soon as I saw credit for that flight post to my account, a new little "Million Miler" legend showed up alongside my Medallion level and Amex membership when I log in to DL.com. About two days after Memorial Day, I received an email welcoming me to MM status and inviting me to select a gift on the website. About three weeks after Memorial Day, I received a card in the mail that was basically the same as the email, and on the same day I received a new Medallion package with new bag tags bearing the MM logo.

When I went through the steps to see the gift selections, the options were from Hartman and Tiffany, as reported upthread. The Hartman selections included about a half dozen suitcases and briefcases. The Tiffany seletions included maybe as many as a dozen options, including a silver pen, a silver business card holder, a silver link men's bracelet, an Elsa Peretti bean or teardrop necklace (forget which), plain oval cufflinks, and airplane cufflinks.
Had the same experience as you did and I selected the Hartmann laptop bag. I was lucky that at the time, I needed a new bag and was looking to buy one. So the timing was perfect.

The whole problem with all this Million Miler attention and accolades from Delta is that I have to be careful not to turn into a Million Miler DYKWIA!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I am quite envious of both of you. When I hit MM years ago, all I got was a leather luggage tag...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:00 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I hit the 2 MM mark last week. As noted, the recognition process was very fast.
I decided to go with the 22" Hartmann as it was the most expensive thing on the list
The luggage showed up at my door 3 days later with a very large MM logo plastered on the side of the box which was shipped from the Hartmann factory in TN.
Much better than my 1 MM gift of a portfolio.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I hit the 2 MM mark last week. As noted, the recognition process was very fast.
I decided to go with the 22" Hartmann as it was the most expensive thing on the list
The luggage showed up at my door 3 days later with a very large MM logo plastered on the side of the box which was shipped from the Hartmann factory in TN.
Much better than my 1 MM gift of a portfolio.
All I got at 1MM was the portfolio so am hoping that something worthwhile awaits me when I hit 2MM.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:30 pm

I reached this level recently and was impressed how quickly I received the email. I really do not need any of the things they offered but will not complain since the previous options seemed so sparse. I selected the leather briefcase from Hartmann since I have several suitcases.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
If Delta really valued million milers, they would give them TSA Pre-Check. There is rarely a queue for them and its not like they don't know them already. I've been flying Delta for a quartetr of a century. But making a million miler stand in a 30 minute line to clear security like I did 2x this month is an incentive to not fly DL any more.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
If Delta really valued million milers, they would give them TSA Pre-Check. There is rarely a queue for them and its not like they don't know them already. I've been flying Delta for a quartetr of a century. But making a million miler stand in a 30 minute line to clear security like I did 2x this month is an incentive to not fly DL any more.
The current Delta is a reason to not fly Delta anymore as far as I am concerned.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does your Million Miler Balance on delta.com get updated the same time the MQMs post? I ask because I made a note of my balance as of the start of the year and when added to my YTD EQMs I should be over the top. However, my balance still shows me well over 10K short. I'll call to see if I can get an accounting, but I'm wondering if this is expected. I seem to recall that in the past my MM balance increased as my EQMs increased.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Stripe
Does your Million Miler Balance on delta.com get updated the same time the MQMs post? I ask because I made a note of my balance as of the start of the year and when added to my YTD EQMs I should be over the top. However, my balance still shows me well over 10K short. I'll call to see if I can get an accounting, but I'm wondering if this is expected. I seem to recall that in the past my MM balance increased as my EQMs increased.
Most similar updates related to MQM totals occur during an overnight batch process. Give one night, and if no update, then contact.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stripe
Can you identify the discrepancy by looking carefully at the numbers? This would help when you call.

OTOH, if it's exactly 10,000 MQMs, I would be suspicious that there might be some DL Plat AmEx MQMs that DL isn't counting for MM status. Another unpublished enhancement?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.