Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 1, 12, 7:03 am   #391

Programs: Delta DM
Congratulations -as I said in a thread amonth or two back, it certainly seems Delta (or some in Delta) view you as a loyal customer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...something.html
GRALISTAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 6:20 am   #392

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond Medallion and MM, TG ROP
Data points and details on gift options:

I cleared the MM threshold on a flight back to ATL on Memorial Day. Pretty much as soon as I saw credit for that flight post to my account, a new little "Million Miler" legend showed up alongside my Medallion level and Amex membership when I log in to DL.com. About two days after Memorial Day, I received an email welcoming me to MM status and inviting me to select a gift on the website. About three weeks after Memorial Day, I received a card in the mail that was basically the same as the email, and on the same day I received a new Medallion package with new bag tags bearing the MM logo.

When I went through the steps to see the gift selections, the options were from Hartman and Tiffany, as reported upthread. The Hartman selections included about a half dozen suitcases and briefcases. The Tiffany seletions included maybe as many as a dozen options, including a silver pen, a silver business card holder, a silver link men's bracelet, an Elsa Peretti bean or teardrop necklace (forget which), plain oval cufflinks, and airplane cufflinks.
MegatopLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 6:43 am   #393

Programs: DL Plat and Million Miler, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold 5 Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatopLover View Post
Data points and details on gift options:

I cleared the MM threshold on a flight back to ATL on Memorial Day. Pretty much as soon as I saw credit for that flight post to my account, a new little "Million Miler" legend showed up alongside my Medallion level and Amex membership when I log in to DL.com. About two days after Memorial Day, I received an email welcoming me to MM status and inviting me to select a gift on the website. About three weeks after Memorial Day, I received a card in the mail that was basically the same as the email, and on the same day I received a new Medallion package with new bag tags bearing the MM logo.

When I went through the steps to see the gift selections, the options were from Hartman and Tiffany, as reported upthread. The Hartman selections included about a half dozen suitcases and briefcases. The Tiffany seletions included maybe as many as a dozen options, including a silver pen, a silver business card holder, a silver link men's bracelet, an Elsa Peretti bean or teardrop necklace (forget which), plain oval cufflinks, and airplane cufflinks.
Had the same experience as you did and I selected the Hartmann laptop bag. I was lucky that at the time, I needed a new bag and was looking to buy one. So the timing was perfect.

The whole problem with all this Million Miler attention and accolades from Delta is that I have to be careful not to turn into a Million Miler DYKWIA!
Old Jun 20, 12, 6:49 am   #394

Programs: DM/2MM
I am quite envious of both of you. When I hit MM years ago, all I got was a leather luggage tag...
TrojanTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 7:00 am   #395

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.2MM - HH Diamond - Marriott Gold -*wood Plat
I hit the 2 MM mark last week. As noted, the recognition process was very fast.
I decided to go with the 22" Hartmann as it was the most expensive thing on the list
The luggage showed up at my door 3 days later with a very large MM logo plastered on the side of the box which was shipped from the Hartmann factory in TN.
Much better than my 1 MM gift of a portfolio.
Tomphot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 12, 7:26 am   #396

Programs: DL DM/1.9MM, Global Entry, SMarriott, GHertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
I hit the 2 MM mark last week. As noted, the recognition process was very fast.
I decided to go with the 22" Hartmann as it was the most expensive thing on the list
The luggage showed up at my door 3 days later with a very large MM logo plastered on the side of the box which was shipped from the Hartmann factory in TN.
Much better than my 1 MM gift of a portfolio.
All I got at 1MM was the portfolio so am hoping that something worthwhile awaits me when I hit 2MM.
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 5:30 pm   #397

I reached this level recently and was impressed how quickly I received the email. I really do not need any of the things they offered but will not complain since the previous options seemed so sparse. I selected the leather briefcase from Hartmann since I have several suitcases.
gwopye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 12, 9:04 pm   #398
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
If Delta really valued million milers, they would give them TSA Pre-Check. There is rarely a queue for them and its not like they don't know them already. I've been flying Delta for a quartetr of a century. But making a million miler stand in a 30 minute line to clear security like I did 2x this month is an incentive to not fly DL any more.
jeffreyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 12, 9:53 pm   #399

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM MM, BIS MM, EK Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Gold/IC Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyt View Post
If Delta really valued million milers, they would give them TSA Pre-Check. There is rarely a queue for them and its not like they don't know them already. I've been flying Delta for a quartetr of a century. But making a million miler stand in a 30 minute line to clear security like I did 2x this month is an incentive to not fly DL any more.
The current Delta is a reason to not fly Delta anymore as far as I am concerned.
Old Mar 11, 13, 9:31 am   #400

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DL Platinum/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does your Million Miler Balance on delta.com get updated the same time the MQMs post? I ask because I made a note of my balance as of the start of the year and when added to my YTD EQMs I should be over the top. However, my balance still shows me well over 10K short. I'll call to see if I can get an accounting, but I'm wondering if this is expected. I seem to recall that in the past my MM balance increased as my EQMs increased.
Old Mar 11, 13, 11:15 am   #401

Programs: DL:DM AA:PLT/2MM US:PP UA:1P SPG:GLD IHG:PLT MAR:PLT/LT GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Does your Million Miler Balance on delta.com get updated the same time the MQMs post? I ask because I made a note of my balance as of the start of the year and when added to my YTD EQMs I should be over the top. However, my balance still shows me well over 10K short. I'll call to see if I can get an accounting, but I'm wondering if this is expected. I seem to recall that in the past my MM balance increased as my EQMs increased.
Most similar updates related to MQM totals occur during an overnight batch process. Give one night, and if no update, then contact.
Old Mar 11, 13, 11:19 am   #402
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Can you identify the discrepancy by looking carefully at the numbers? This would help when you call.

OTOH, if it's exactly 10,000 MQMs, I would be suspicious that there might be some DL Plat AmEx MQMs that DL isn't counting for MM status. Another unpublished enhancement?
Old Mar 11, 13, 12:31 pm   #403

Programs: DL DM (MM), SU GOLD, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
I just crossed it myself (and updated profile immediately) via a retro credit from some partner flights taken earlier this year. VERY anti-climactic for sure. Oh well. This distinguished award plus $1 still gets me a large sweet tea at McDonald's. Can't really complain about that!

Here's to hoping I NEVER see 2 MM...
woody125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 13, 1:43 pm   #404

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyt View Post
Just apply for trusted traveler. You'll automatically get TSApre. You'll get the $100 in value the first time you save an hour cutting past passport control on arrival back in the US.
Old Mar 13, 13, 8:26 am   #405

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DL Platinum/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooper View Post
Most similar updates related to MQM totals occur during an overnight batch process. Give one night, and if no update, then contact.
Skymiles folks said they were too busy too look at it in detail while I held. Apparently there has been some recent system change that has upended their lives and they are doing lots of manual corrections. My best bet is to fax in a request for an audit of my account, which could take as long as a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can you identify the discrepancy by looking carefully at the numbers? This would help when you call.

OTOH, if it's exactly 10,000 MQMs, I would be suspicious that there might be some DL Plat AmEx MQMs that DL isn't counting for MM status. Another unpublished enhancement?
I already tried backing into the reported number by deleting select flights and/or MQMs from CCs but couldn't get there.

Thanks for the responses.