Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: DL 1MM, DL DM, AMEX DL Reserve, AA, UA, WN, Hertz PC.
Very true...

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Yes, and Continental One Pass awards Silver status. Which standard do you think is going to prevail? Are you suspicious that detail hasn't been addressed nine months after the merger transaction?
I hear you, 3C. I'm definitely going to wait until they announce the new rules in Q4, however, I still think I'd be better off trying for MM on UA or AA to attain FO on another airline.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: DL 1MM, DL DM, AMEX DL Reserve, AA, UA, WN, Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by Slow learner
Just curious how long it took you to get your first MM - It's not that quick unless you are virtually living on a plane.
The bulk of it (80-85%) was in a 5 year window where I was living in Europe and commuting back to the States every month. Overall, it took me 13 years.
Starting this year, however, i'm back to flying internationally on a regular basis in BC so miles should accrue quickly.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I have searched this forum and it seems that the specifics are elusive, any updates to the MM program from this year's new MMs? I am at 975K after about 4 years of mainly DL flying (recovering US Dividend Miles flyer). I have two runs to the West coast next month and then back to Asia, that flight will put me over the 1MM by mid October. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I hit my MM earlier this year on an ATL-BUF segment. It wasn't a traumatic experience as everybody suggested

Anyway, I got an e-mail and a letter shortly after hitting MM giving me the chance to pick an item - the list hadn't changed - and I chose the large roll-aboard luggage.

Bad decision, at least for me. Good decision for my sister.

I'm about 6' tall and the handle on the bag doesn't extend high enough to make it comfortable to roll the bag through the airport. It weighed about the same as my other roll-aboard (briggs + riley).

My sister is shorter than me and the bag fits her height perfectly, so she inherited the bag.

Overall nice bag but the only real positive I got from the bag is being able to distinguish a MM bag when I see it.

The other gifts (Tiffany, etc), were nice, but I had the wife look at them and she passed - nothing that really set her off. Next time I'll get the pearls, at least she'll get some use out of it vs the bag that I have no use for.

Congrats on hitting - open up a thread when you do (thanks gogo), I did as I posted up when I thought I was passing my million.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
I hit my MM earlier this year on an ATL-BUF segment. It wasn't a traumatic experience as everybody suggested
Congrats on hitting - open up a thread when you do (thanks gogo), I did as I posted up when I thought I was passing my million.
Here's an update on the MM Quest. Currently at 993K I have a flight from DTW-TPE in two weeks and that will be my MM flight. No GOGO, but it will be on the upperdeck of a 74, it will also be my 250K miles for the year with two more TATL and two more TPAC flight before the end of the year.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I can't speak to other programs, but Delta does not give you "lifetime" status -- they give you "complimentary" status for the year. Could change at any time.
I hit 1MM 2 years ago and since have not dropped below DM status with DL so not entirely sure, but I have been told by DL and by at least one MM that no longer flies enough to have regular status that the "annual silver medallion status" is for life, not for the current awards cycle year.

As for the Hartmann bag, I don't use mine. It is heavier than my other roller bags and it's not especially spacious. It is a nice quality bag but it doesn't really fit my travel needs so my wife uses it.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by slipbeer

My wife made me choose the Hartmann rollaboard because she wanted to burn my old Samsonite in the driveway.
That sounds familiar. I asked my wife to choose, she chose the Hartmann rollaboard and proceeded to take it on her next trip. I hear that it's nice....
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
"Welcome to One Million Miles" email

Arrived within 24 hours of the flight that crossed the threshold... fyi.

I was original Delta FF (don't think I ever had a NW WP #)... was given the Hartmann & Tiffany options; selected the Pearls by the Yard Tiffany necklace for Mrs pmcary as she's earned it more than I did (1 MM in <10 years, 3 children at home...it's not even close).
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by jsmith50
I hit 1MM 2 years ago and since have not dropped below DM status with DL so not entirely sure, but I have been told by DL and by at least one MM that no longer flies enough to have regular status that the "annual silver medallion status" is for life, not for the current awards cycle year.
I phrased it poorly -- they give you the status every year, but it's not "lifetime" in that they could stop it at any time.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I was doing some math and I think I am over 2k flights and 1500 or so paid ones on Delta... By that I mean segments. Hell, it could be more. I have been averaging 145 a year for quite a while. Last 3 years I'll beat that #... a good bit of those are 500 mile trips fwiw...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
MM miles should be BIS seat miles this includes award ticket miles a lot of us work hard to get our award tickets padding them with extra miles using credit cards/malls etc and we chose or don't chose to send them to delta.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jsmith50
If you qualified before the policy was changed (sometime in the mid-1990's), you are grandfathered into the lifetime category... until you qualify for the next higher tier.

So, you could have been told a correct statement... correct as it applies to a limited number of people.

Of course, DL management have proven before their ability, and willingness, to end a previous "lifetime" program.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Sep 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If you qualified before the policy was changed (sometime in the mid-1990's), you are grandfathered into the lifetime category... until you qualify for the next higher tier.
I'd have to check the letter, but I think back then it said "for the life of the SkyMiles program", or some such weasel-words. All DL has to do is re-brand SkyMiles as SkyMiles 2.0, and they could end the "lifetime status" . I doubt that the pre-90 MMs are putting much stress on the system, though.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
I'd have to check the letter, but I think back then it said "for the life of the SkyMiles program", or some such weasel-words. All DL has to do is re-brand SkyMiles as SkyMiles 2.0, and they could end the "lifetime status" . I doubt that the pre-90 MMs are putting much stress on the system, though.
Well, since 1 MM only gets you FO, and since DL management have neutered FO, I would agree that FO's are not putting much stress on the system.

I'm still anticipating the time when DL management tells "lifetime" Crown Room and World Club members that they have "reached the end of their lifetime." Do you suppose they would get jettisoned as part of the next DL bankruptcy?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Million Miler and Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ctbjr1309
That sounds familiar. I asked my wife to choose, she chose the Hartmann rollaboard and proceeded to take it on her next trip. I hear that it's nice....
Why does this sound familiar to me too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.