Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
How was the mileage requirement to BNE? I've seen fares from BNE to NAN for around $300 (Australian) on Virgin Australia.
Actually BNE was not available--SYD was, but at 350k for anything close to my dates.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Air Calin (SB) flies from NOU to NAN. SB awards show on AF.com but not sure if they can be booked with SkyMiles.
Unfortunately I don't see Air Calin as available for a SM redemption.

Airlines included in SkyMiles Award Travel: Delta Air Lines, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, AirEuropa, Air France, Air Tahiti Nui, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, GOL, Great Lakes, Hawaiian Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia Airlines, Tarom Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Xiamen Airlines
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Got three Y tix on the direct BOS-AMS-BOS on my preferred dates/times (end of Sept/Beginning of Oct). Not a terribly hard ticket to get, but pleased to have them, nonetheless. I'll be checking back to flip the outbound to One seats, but not holding my breath.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by the-ca-goat
Unfortunately I don't see Air Calin as available for a SM redemption.

Airlines included in SkyMiles Award Travel: Delta Air Lines, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, AirEuropa, Air France, Air Tahiti Nui, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, GOL, Great Lakes, Hawaiian Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia Airlines, Tarom Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Xiamen Airlines
Might want to try again with VA. Looks like there is some IT issue with DL, and they said that they will have it fixed sometime over the weekend? There's a thread about this somewhere...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Booked 2x JFK-ICN-HKG-ICN-JFK KE J for 140K each RT on DL.com. Late August departure, mid September return. Was able to select seats online however they were not confirmed; per KE, no seat assignments available until 90 days prior.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Trying to book IAH-PUJ and it's pricing at 30k one way. Problem I have is IAH -ATL is 12.5k and ATL-PUJ is 17.5k. Why isn't it pricing 17.5k from IAH if the low level is available on both flights?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Booked 2x JFK-ICN-HKG-ICN-JFK KE J for 140K each RT on DL.com. Late August departure, mid September return. Was able to select seats online however they were not confirmed; per KE, no seat assignments available until 90 days prior.
This is true for all flights on KE regardless of booking method.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
Trying to book IAH-PUJ and it's pricing at 30k one way. Problem I have is IAH -ATL is 12.5k and ATL-PUJ is 17.5k. Why isn't it pricing 17.5k from IAH if the low level is available on both flights?
This is a feature of the 2015 Skymiles program. I would suggest reading the wiki of this thread, particularly the sections about married segment logic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-2015-a.html
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by michael_v
This is a feature of the 2015 Skymiles program. I would suggest reading the wiki of this thread, particularly the sections about married segment logic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-2015-a.html
So is the married segment a rule or a glitch? Would calling help price it lower or is this delta now pricing like Avios.?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by the-ca-goat
The only other way I could find was connecting through BNE or SYD on VA, and the mileage required to get to SYD was ridiculous for my dates. Are there any other ST options to NAN?
Not that I'm aware of: VA via BNE/SYD and KE via ICN are about as good as it gets with Delta miles. Fiji Airways via LAX is redeemable via Alaska Airlines miles, though, so if you have flexibility in where you credit, that's something to consider.

For my upcoming honeymoon to Fiji, I also went with the Korean Air via ICN route. We're getting married on Maui first, so we paired a HA award from OGG-HNL with an all-KE itinerary HNL-ICN-NAN-ICN-LAX-SEA. Having flown VA to Nadi, I think KE is going to be a better experience despite being a longer flight: VA's best cabin on most NAN flights is premium economy. We also found the timing of some VA flights to be particularly bad: turns out you really want to arrive into Nadi before noon, because afternoon arrivals make transfers to many resorts surprisingly difficult, but some VA flights arrive after 3pm...

Note that KE only flies the Nadi route 3x/weekly, so be aware you may need to be flexible when scheduling your flights.

(As an aside, that short HA segment priced separately making the total a few more miles. Ordinarily I would have preferred to buy that portion as a revenue ticket, but I really wanted it all on one ticket so we'd be reaccommodated if there were any delays.)
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM, PM, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond,
Just booked 4 biz class all the way CVG-DUB-DUS-CVG in December for 160K each and $131.50 taxes. I know it's not the best time of the year however it works with our schedules.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL GM
So is the married segment a rule or a glitch? Would calling help price it lower or is this delta now pricing like Avios.?
It's not a glitch, it's an enhancement to make SM even better , so calling won't help.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Call. They can "fix" the pricing for you.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:54 pm

I can still get IAH ATL Mco for 12.5 but puj wants to marry the two segments. Starting to get frustrated. Only value I see left is my Aeromexico flights and my direct Korean air flight from Houston. Thinking about exhausting my balance on a family trip to Thailand on Korean.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
SJC-WLG and AKL-SJC for February, all on VA, all on business class, including the flights between BNE and WLG and AKL.

160k miles and $65.

Each direction is a total of approximately 22.5 to 23.5 hours so business class will be welcome. Maybe VA will have their new business class configuration (reverse herringbone) by then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.