Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

China Southern and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lamont2718
Last updated: 8/29/2016

In early 2015, Delta began publishing blackout dates for DL award redemptions on China Southern flights. The following blackout dates are now found in the Delta SkyMiles terms and conditions (http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...blackout+dates):

Europe to China
Mar. 18 - Mar. 26
Apr. 13 - Apr. 23
Jun. 25 - Aug. 30
Oct. 4 - Oct. 23
Dec. 8 - Dec. 23

China to Europe
Jan. 2 - Jan. 15
Mar. 27 - Apr. 10
Apr. 17 - Apr. 28
Jun. 20 - Oct. 2
Oct. 17 - Oct. 28

North America to China
Feb. 12 - Feb. 24
May 12 - Jun. 30
Jul. 25 - Aug. 31
Oct. 4 - Oct. 14
Dec. 8 - Dec. 23

China to North America
Jan 2. - Jan. 15
Jan. 29 - Feb. 9
Jun. 24 - Sep. 4
Sep. 27 - Oct. 2

Oceania to China
Jan. 1 - Jan. 5
Feb. 11 - Feb. 22
Jun. 19 - Jun. 27
Nov. 29 - Jan. 10, 2017

China to Oceania
Jan. 1 - Mar. 2
Jul. 10 - Aug. 10
Sep. 27 - Oct. 5

The 2016 blackout dates for North America to China cover 128 days, or 35% of the calendar year.
Print Wikipost

China Southern and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by tylorcl
If I check there is award ticket for a specific flight from China Southern, can Delta definitely see the available seat? Anybody ever used DL miles to redeem the CX award ticket? How are these two airline share the award seat?

Thanks,

tylorcl
I think they can check them without calling now. By the way it is CZ. CX is Cathay Pacific. Very different from CZ
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I actually called and got a couple of B/E tickets just last week. It was very painless - agent was great, and she had the seats immediately - no phone calls to China Southern.
I was going ATL - BKK which routed me ATL-LAX-Guangzhou(CAN)-BKK, all over New Year's and Christmas.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 2:31 pm

China Southern Phone #?

For the life of me, I cannot find the China Southern US contact # on their website. Would someone please point it out to me?

I tried looking at http://www.cs-air.com/en/ and found this link:

http://www.flychinasouthern.com/contact_en.html

However, the # listed for Los Angeles is incorrect as well.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Here it is!

6300 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 653-8088

I called the number and China Southern answered (recording during non business hours).
Old Sep 21, 2008, 5:27 pm

That looks stunningly similar to the phone number provided at the link in the OP!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by senoreit
That looks stunningly similar to the phone number provided at the link in the OP!
Senoreit,

1. The OP did not provide a number.

2. The OP provided a link to China Southern that contained a number(s) for the Los Angeles offfice. The number(s) provided in the link was "LOS ANGELES (001323) 6538088, 6538066". I deciphered the number(s) in the link to 323-653-8088 and called the number. The OP may not have successfully deciphered the number. I was just trying to give the OP a number that worked.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I don't have a link but the number I got from Delta was +1-888-338-8988. I think that number only works from 9a-6p PST.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo
Senoreit,

1. The OP did not provide a number.

2. The OP provided a link to China Southern that contained a number(s) for the Los Angeles offfice. The number(s) provided in the link was "LOS ANGELES (001323) 6538088, 6538066". I deciphered the number(s) in the link to 323-653-8088 and called the number. The OP may not have successfully deciphered the number. I was just trying to give the OP a number that worked.
1. I didn't say the OP provided a number. I said the link in the OP.

2. I understand what happened. I was not trying to be critical of you or anyone, really. I was just trying to make an innocent humorous observation (thus the )that the number you successfully called and subsequently posted was listed at the link the OP himself provided. But you're right, the international access code, country code, and unusual formatting kind of muddled things.

3. Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Skyteam or Other Asian Frequent Flyer Programs forum?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:39 am

Thanks. Yes, the formatting confused me. I thought it was some international #.

I asked on this board since China Southern is a Skyteam partner, so I thought people would know the US contact #.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:45 am

China Southern miles never post?

I have about 10 flight segments within China on China Southern dating back to June 7th of this year. I watched at check in to make sure my DL FF# was typed into the computer by the China Southern rep. Not a single segment has posted to my account during this 3 month period. A business partner in an alliance who presumably benefits from the alliance, but does not uphold their end of the bargain should be taken to task by the other partners. A co-worker of mine traveled on the Delta codeshare with China Southern between LAX and CAN in June. His miles did not post. Neither have any of his flights within China. When he called Delta about it, he was told that China Southern is the worst partner they have when it comes to posting miles.:td Have others here experienced the same?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by rlaakso
I have about 10 flight segments within China on China Southern dating back to June 7th of this year. I watched at check in to make sure my DL FF# was typed into the computer by the China Southern rep. Not a single segment has posted to my account during this 3 month period. A business partner in an alliance who presumably benefits from the alliance, but does not uphold their end of the bargain should be taken to task by the other partners. A co-worker of mine traveled on the Delta codeshare with China Southern between LAX and CAN in June. His miles did not post. Neither have any of his flights within China. When he called Delta about it, he was told that China Southern is the worst partner they have when it comes to posting miles.:td Have others here experienced the same?
Yes, I had the same problem (mine were codeshare flights last year before CZ was a full skyteam partner). Sending in my DL coded boarding passes always got my miles. I have never gotten miles within China though, as I prefer China Southern miles there. I know CZ is pretty screwed up though and would expect you might need to take matters into your own hands to get credit. Always keep your boarding passes in China....
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I flew CZ on the LAX-CAN route earlier this year (May) using the DL codeshare (purchased through DL website) and the miles posted immediately.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Had the same prob with CZ miles on NW - turned out miles flights that were listed as "Y" on my itinerary were in some no-miles-on-partners fare class on the back end, which I only found out when I asked NW what was going on.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 1:05 pm

How long does China Southern take to post mileage?

Have some flights that were on China Southern that returned 2 weeks already, and miles still have not posted. Usually, how long does it take to post?

Thanks,

Rob
Old Nov 2, 2008, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Robmorrow
Have some flights that were on China Southern that returned 2 weeks already, and miles still have not posted. Usually, how long does it take to post?

Thanks,

Rob
Usually less the 2 weeks (about 7-10 days). Wait 21 days. If not posted submit the on line DL request milegae form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.