Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Anyone have any lost luggage they want me to look for while I'm here?

Name:  1502900885-picsay.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  469.7 KB

Actually it's just like any department store inside...

Name:  1502900895-picsay.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  743.1 KB

Name:  1502900905-picsay.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  690.6 KB
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
This link may be of interest to some Loungers:

Here it is again as just a plain URL:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn_jg9gleZ/?hl=en
I do not mean to slice into them; but I believe they knead to sow their wild oats before attempting that rye sense of half-baked humor — otherwise, they sound corny.

At yeast wheat all agree on that — right?

Not to sound crusty; but I would never lunch buns as bad as those...
I think only took the plane once from C to D
I never realized that Delta Air Lines offered service and operated flights between Concourse C and Concourse D.

Did you earn SkyMiles for that flight?

I am on a roll here...
miraclebear2003 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I do not mean to slice into them; but I believe they knead to sow their wild oats before attempting that rye sense of half-baked humor — otherwise, they sound corny.

Not to sound crusty; but I would never lunch buns as bad as those...I never realized that Delta Air Lines offered service and operated flights between Concourse C and Concourse D.

I am on a roll here...
I guess the rest of us are toast then?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

at the just concluded ATL mini-DO we hit up all 9 Sky Clubs on Friday afternoon/evening
Originally Posted by mattp1987
That's always seemed like such a tempting idea, but I've never gone through with it.
I can drink but I have never gone through with it either. I have done 3 legs in F DAY-ATL-SLC-SEA and had 2 beverages on each and a PDB also making 9 drinks all Woodford.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am in the B Skyclub right now if anyone is around
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
This link may be of interest to some Loungers: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn_jg9gleZ/?hl=en

Hmm, link doesn't show up on mobile, I think known FT bug. Here it is again as just a plain URL:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn_jg9gleZ/?hl=en

(warning, may induce GROANs)

at the just concluded ATL mini-DO we hit up all 9 Sky Clubs on Friday afternoon/evening
LOL
Originally Posted by jrl767
plus they forgot to mention their canine tracker -- which of course isn't a bloodhound but a bagel
Groan!
Originally Posted by jrl767
time to baguette
Ugh

Not to sound crusty; but I would never lunch buns as bad as those...I never realized that Delta Air Lines offered service and operated flights between Concourse C and Concourse D.

I am on a roll here...
Groan!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I never realized that Delta Air Lines offered service and operated flights between Concourse C and Concourse D.

Oops, I meant Plane Train, obviously

Although maybe they could offer a transfer service in a CRJ as an alternative to the Porsche
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Anyone have any lost luggage they want me to look for while I'm here?
When I was at Maxwell AFB for one of the fun schools I've attended there, they were actually offering bus trips there through MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation).

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I can drink but I have never gone through with it either. I have done 3 legs in F DAY-ATL-SLC-SEA and had 2 beverages on each and a PDB also making 9 drinks all Woodford.
Hmm, I do have a 3 segment trip coming up next week: IAH-ATL-JFK-ATH. I could play this game if I wanted too. I'm not sure how much lounge time we'll have on the connections, but I'm excited to visit another (new to me) Centurion lounge at IAH.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
My best friend's wife got an Op-Up on JFK-ORD today. Non-status, returning from their honeymoon. He got left in the back.

Update: in less-fun news, it looks like they're stuck due to weather in ORD. Their flight was initially delayed due to MX problems, but is now WX. Now they've left the gate, but had to return because a new mechanical problem (issue with the door not sealing right, Endeavor CRJ9). Flight is probably going to CX because of it. I told him to push hard for a hotel, since this is definitely not weather at this point.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Aug 16, 2017 at 5:50 pm
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads
My best friend's wife got an Op-Up on JFK-ORD today. Non-status, returning from their honeymoon. He got left in the back.

Update: in less-fun news, it looks like they're stuck due to weather in ORD. Their flight was initially delayed due to MX problems, but is now WX. Now they've left the gate, but had to return because a new mechanical problem (issue with the door not sealing right, Endeavor CRJ9). Flight is probably going to CX because of it. I told him to push hard for a hotel, since this is definitely not weather at this point.
LOL, nice to leave him in the back.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:29 pm

The SkyClubs need Gatorade
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
The SkyClubs need Gatorade
Ha, I thought I was the only one who went running in the tunnels of ATL and then showered in the SkyClub. I usually manage to refresh just fine with a beer rather than a Gatorade. More seriously, if they were to put sports drinks in the SC, I'd expect it to be PowerAde based on Delta's affiliation with their cross-town neighbors Coke.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Ha, I thought I was the only one who went running in the tunnels of ATL and then showered in the SkyClub. I usually manage to refresh just fine with a beer rather than a Gatorade. More seriously, if they were to put sports drinks in the SC, I'd expect it to be PowerAde based on Delta's affiliation with their cross-town neighbors Coke.
Mostly to help recover from dehydration after getting off a long-haul flight. Talked to an ATL SC manager who thought it was a great idea.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
TSA agent at MKE spent about 5 minutes looking at my passport and boarding pass, and even made me take my ballcap off. I wonder if I look suspicious.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Today's catalog of events (so far):

-Flying PHL-ATL-BTR, downgraded on PHL-ATL due to IRROPS. $500 in compensation. Used an RUC to upgrade.

-PHL-ATL flight now delayed because the cockpit door is missing safety stickers. They're making temporary ones, but must receive FAA approval to use them. Not making this up.

-Likely to miss ATL-BTR flight, so got backup confirmed on the next flight.

Update:
DL's flight display boards at the end of PHL D aren't working/are displaying wrong information. It's a cluster.
Cholula likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Aug 18, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.