Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
welcome back!
I'm only back because I had to get my resume off my (nearly 7-y/o) laptop. The job hunt never ends. I should come by more often. But FT is a to load up on my iPad, and I don't really take my laptop with me anymore.

-J.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'm only back because I had to get my resume off my (nearly 7-y/o) laptop. The job hunt never ends. I should come by more often. But FT is a to load up on my iPad, and I don't really take my laptop with me anymore.

-J.
Welcome back!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:52 am

Good morning everyone. I'll off tomorrow PIT-JFK-LHR spending a good chunk of time in the SC. If I can't get guested in, I'll use my AMEX gold. I really don't want to wonder around JFK for four hours.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
I will admit, FT doesn't feel much different from when I first joined in 2003.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Good morning everyone. I'll off tomorrow PIT-JFK-LHR spending a good chunk of time in the SC. If I can't get guested in, I'll use my AMEX gold. I really don't want to wonder around JFK for four hours.
LOL, but you can spend time bar hopping at JFK.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This link may be of interest to some Loungers:

Hmm, link doesn't show up on mobile, I think known FT bug. Here it is again as just a plain URL:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn_jg9gleZ/?hl=en

(warning, may induce GROANs)

Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, but you can spend time bar hopping at JFK.
at the just concluded ATL mini-DO we hit up all 9 Sky Clubs on Friday afternoon/evening
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Zorak
at the just concluded ATL mini-DO we hit up all 9 Sky Clubs on Friday afternoon/evening
One for the bar and one for the road walk to the next Sky Club?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
One for the bar and one for the road walk to the next Sky Club?
Truth be told, I only had drinks at I think 6 of the clubs and stuck to water/coffee at the others (didn't completely finish all of them either). Lightweight, I know, but I'm not in college-drinking-shape any more We also stopped for dinner at OFS between the D and E clubs.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
That's always seemed like such a tempting idea, but I've never gone through with it.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
That's always seemed like such a tempting idea, but I've never gone through with it.
It seems difficult just logistically if you actually intend to have a drink at every club (or fake it, like I did )) -- we started around 4pm and, including dinner, finished up well after 10pm (this is how I found out that E closes at 10pm -- it was nearly deserted at that hour! and I think F closes at 11pm)

If you took out the dinner, and used the Plane Train (we walked in between most of the concourses, I think only took the plane once from C to D to accompany davetravels who continued on to his MEX flight in E without us), and just slammed the drink (or "drink") at each club then maybe it could be squeezed into a 3-4hr layover.

The other variable that can't be controlled is how long the line is to check in to each club. (We also used the elevators since everyone had a rollaboard, stairs would've saved some time)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
This ... may be of interest to some Loungers:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXn_jg9gleZ/?hl=en
(warning, may induce GROANs)
0700 isn't ryediculously early, but even my sense of humor wasn't ready for that
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:16 am

0700 isn't ryediculously early, but even my sense of humor wasn't ready for that
7am is usually ridiculously early for me, so it's a good thing I'm in the eastern time zone

If I am up at 7am, I am probably arriving on a red-eye, and have to return my zwieback to its full upright position.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
plus they forgot to mention their canine tracker -- which of course isn't a bloodhound but a bagel
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:25 am

plus they forgot to mention their canine tracker -- which of course isn't a bloodhound but a bagel
That was pain-ful, excuse my French.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was pain-ful, excuse my French.
time to baguette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.