Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I thought about putting the pix in the Rant thread, but figured there were too many purists who would say a sagging tray table doesn't meet the "least substantial" criterion
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
Row 1 tray table on the Compass E75
#FirstRowProblems
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
I thought about putting the pix in the Rant thread, but figured there were too many purists who would say a sagging tray table doesn't meet the "least substantial" criterion
But this issue is not necessarily one of "sagging." Perhaps one side is being propped up by something. Or the aircraft is coming out of a maneuver and momentum has caused part of the tray to lag. It is quite substantial. Or maybe not.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I go to England for a few days (incidentally via a new route CVG-CDG-MAN-CDG-CVG) and I get back - and the lounge has not changed one bit - beer, kipperbrokenglass, and a Punge - nt odor of je ne sais quois
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Is this where y'er supposed to post stuff that has NOTHING to do with Delta - - but need a little moral support that it's the OTHER guy with the problem, and not you!? . . . .

Yesterday, I went to Target with my friend <who lives downstairs and rents the other half of my duplex>. We always ring up the both bills together and put it on my Target CC <because of the whopping 5% discount>. Then he reimburses me for his stuff. . . . .

So, our stuff was on the belt, and I put my arm out in between his stuff and my stuff. . . .

Dialogue with the cashier:

Me: I need a sub-total up to "here".

Young cashier: You need a what?!?

Me: I need a sub-total up to this point!

Young cashier: I'm sorry. I'm not from around here. What's THAT?!?

Me: Realllllly?!?!? It's ENGLISH!!!!!

Is it me, or what?!?

I did end up apologizing to him for possibly being rude, and, of course, I explained what I wanted to him . . . but . . . REALLY?!?
miraclebear2003 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is this where y'er supposed to post stuff that has NOTHING to do with Delta - - but need a little moral support that it's the OTHER guy with the problem, and not you!? . . . .

Yesterday, I went to Target with my friend <who lives downstairs and rents the other half of my duplex>. We always ring up the both bills together and put it on my Target CC <because of the whopping 5% discount>. Then he reimburses me for his stuff. . . . .

So, our stuff was on the belt, and I put my arm out in between his stuff and my stuff. . . .

Dialogue with the cashier:

Me: I need a sub-total up to "here".

Young cashier: You need a what?!?

Me: I need a sub-total up to this point!

Young cashier: I'm sorry. I'm not from around here. What's THAT?!?

Is it me, or what?!?

I did end up apologizing to him for possibly being rude, and, of course, I explained what I wanted to him . . . but . . . REALLY?!?
One of our local convenience store chains offers free products each month when you use their loyalty program. However, for the discount to be applied, the cashier must hit the total button. I stopped in earlier this week, and the cashier didn't understand what I meant when I asked her to hit the total button.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
And when I went out to a Mexican Restaurant in the middle of rural Missouri and needed an itemized receipt for my expense report - I just got blank looks. Surely people know what an itemized receipt is?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
"I need a detailed receipt"

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
And when I went out to a Mexican Restaurant . . . . .
"Necesito un recibo detallado" . . . .

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
in the middle of rural Missouri
"Necesito un recibo detallado y'all"!

Last edited by davetravels; Aug 9, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Off to NWI today, via MSP and AMS.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Perhaps they were schooled in the Pearson Droidal dialect of English:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...y-in-australia
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Perhaps they were schooled in the Pearson Droidal dialect of English:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...y-in-australia
Well, THAT'S funny to me, because . . . .

When I was in Sydney many, MANY years ago, I was <attempting> to order a sandwich at a kiosk, but, the clerk was having trouble understanding me. So, another young girl working the counter noticed this, and came over to us and said . . . .

What language is he speaking??? English??? I'll translate for you!!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Well, THAT'S funny to me, because . . . .

When I was in Sydney many, MANY years ago, I was <attempting> to order a sandwich at a kiosk, but, the clerk was having trouble understanding me. So, another young girl working the counter noticed this, and came over to us and said . . . .

LOL
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
So, another young girl working the counter noticed this, and came over to us and said . . . .

G'day, mate, nice of that sheila to help you out.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm not a regular lounge member (yet) but nowhere else really to post this (DKYWIA?). I flew my first Delta flight 42 years ago today, at 3 years of age, and now I'm heading out to BWI to fly on my anniversary. Leave it to my mother to save my ticket and wait to remind me of it in hopes of me flying on that day again.
Attached Images  
Pharaoh, OldNWGuy, zpaul and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
^ that's a sweet memento!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.