Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I feel so blessed. I was just informed by Mitch Lawrence, Vice President for Security & Counterintelligence of the United States Investigations Service (USIS) that because the West African Union authorities found my name in a Scammer database, they are holding $17,000,000 for me.

I really don't have much spare time right now, but I'll give the offer away if someone will kick a small referral back to me. All they need is a $350 check for their attorney plus your ID and bank info.

Methinks my next stop is spamcop.net
Haha. Got the same email!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
HEAVENS to BETSY!!!

(one of my friends has whatever app that is and regularly posts screenshots of it on FB)
I laughed at it.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I would not know as I have never shoved a bottle of hot cholla sauce up where the sun don't shine and it has been a long time since I stood on my head
LOL
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
KLM wide body landing at MSP about 11 this morning -- are they operating regular flights out of MSP or was this a stray?

Later: Appears to be a regular flight

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 19, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:46 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I didn't know where to post this . . . .

Does anyone know what the lowest mileage redemption "should be" <I know - haha! > from PIT to CMB in D1 / J?

The lowest I'm seeing is 97.5K. I see 80K on UA.

Anyone?!?

I've been building miles for my retirement, and I just wanna BLOW SOME MILES to somewhere exotic!

How does a week in Colombo sound for that? Some city stuff and some beach stuff? Any cool experiences?

Thanx!

DT
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
I didn't know where to post this . . . .

Does anyone know what the lowest mileage redemption "should be" <I know - haha! > from PIT to CMB in D1 / J?

The lowest I'm seeing is 97.5K. I see 80K on UA.
Thanx!

DT
this may be more true for Y awards, but I think the trick is to look from the DL gateway city, as the domestic leg (PIT-JFK/ATL/DTW/MSP) tends to drive up the price of the entire award
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:23 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
this may be more true for Y awards, but I think the trick is to look from the DL gateway city, as the domestic leg (PIT-JFK/ATL/DTW/MSP) tends to drive up the price of the entire award
The 97.5K awards I found routed me via ATL & ICN. So, I tried ATL/CMB and DTW/CMB and still got 97.5K. I tried LAX/CMB for the heck of it, and it went UP to 120K miles!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
For that itinerary, that's not a bad price TBH.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Anyone in ATL B Sky Club right now??
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by davetravels
The 97.5K awards I found routed me via ATL & ICN. So, I tried ATL/CMB and DTW/CMB and still got 97.5K. I tried LAX/CMB for the heck of it, and it went UP to 120K miles!
I can't get the images to load right now on my work computer (silly Internet Explorer), but this thread might be some use.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-dynamic.html
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:02 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
KLM wide body landing at MSP about 11 this morning -- are they operating regular flights out of MSP or was this a stray?

Later: Appears to be a regular flight
Yes, off the top of my head, I believe it's a KLM 787 city now.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I think it depends. I'm seeing the dreaded A332 for some dates in AUG. Other days it's all DL metal.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:14 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by WWads
I think it depends. I'm seeing the dreaded A332 for some dates in AUG. Other days it's all DL metal.
Actually, I quickly "fact checked" myself. I believe all the KLM service is 787 service, but only 3x a week.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will soon start flying a Boeing 787 Dreamliner for its three weekly flights between Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP).

The change, which begins late this year, will mark MSP’s first regularly scheduled 787 service.
Source
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I would not know as I have never shoved a bottle of hot Cholula sauce up where the sun don't shine and it has been a long time since I stood on my head
Fortunately, you have several months (since you're in the northern hemisphere) to prepare for winter by finding a witch who will let you fondle her bosom to facilitate future comparisons.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Guy used refundable ticket for 300 days of Lounge dinner, and in the end gets his refund:

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
This was a 332, as I recall.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 20, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Kenmore Air floatplane trip from Seattle to Victoria BC aboard a 1954 DeHavilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver

gotta say, riding in the copilot's seat is pretty awesome
Attached Images    

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.