Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
No worries, I didn't take it that way. I really enjoy the Tangerine Express IPA. In fact, I picked up a crowler of that for this weekend.

Question for this with more experience on the west coast than me: we have a 6pm-9am connection at LAX. Where would you go and where would you stay in this case?
Didn't notice the autocorrect damage until your quote fixed "Paris" to "Oatis" in the original

There's prob a bazillion choices in the LAX area depending on interests/hotel loyalty/etc.

Probably a lot of people would suggest the In-N-Out thing but IMO In-N-Out, while decent, is way over-hyped especially as a layover activity

I did "star" this place in Google Maps as a restaurant I'd like to try, after seeing it mentioned a few times on FT:

Originally Posted by aero0729
If you like sushi... head to Kanpai.

Take the Sepulveda Parking Spot shuttle then walk 5 minutes. Best sushi bar anywhere near LAX. They will tempura fry anything!!! The Avocados are amazing. Sushi is fresh daily and as good as it gets! Don't waste your time in airline lounges...yucko!
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Walkable sushi/ramen place open until 23:00. You walk on the hotel side of Sepulveda about 2 1/2 blocks past In and Out:

http://www.kanpai-sushi.net/

Their sister restaurant on Lincoln Blvd. is open until 01:00 but it is not really walkable from the Hyatt.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
It is bloody cold in BRW. The Arctic Ocean still has a huge amount of ice. This 24 hours of sunlight is weird. Silly me - the Alaska crowd told me that it is a dry town so can't even have a local beer because there is no such thing. ��

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jun 24, 2017 at 5:27 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It is bloody cold in BRW. The Arctic Ocean still has a huge amount of ice. This 24 hours of sunlight is weird. Silly me - the Alaska crowd told me that it is a dry town so can't even have a local beer because there is no such thing. ��
You didn't bring an emergency flask?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
You didn't bring an emergency flask?
TSA - I ain't risking my precheck status
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

No worries, I didn't take it that way. I really enjoy the Tangerine Express IPA. In fact, I picked up a crowler of that for this weekend.

Question for this with more experience on the west coast than me: we have a 6pm-9am connection at LAX. Where would you go and where would you stay in this case?
I would go to Manhattan Beach and if you enjoy seafood, make a reservation at Fishing with Dynamite (tough reservation in tiny restaurant),but they do take walk ins and have a nice little bar. Their sister restaurant is Manhattan Beach Post is next door and not as seafood-centric. Also excellent. Easier reservation. It will be about a 15 minute cab ride from LAX. Suggest enjoying a walk around Manhattan Beach Boulevard. Beautiful area, 1 block from the ocean. For a 9:AM connection, suggest checking in to a hotel in the area.
Enjoy!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Raise your hand if I'm not the only one who saw the last post on this thread was from one of the mods other than Canarsie and your pulse quickened as you wondered who could possibly have said what to get the thread locked
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
TSA - I ain't risking my precheck status
Check the bag lol. Greater than 50/50 chance you get 2500 miles out of it, as well as a 100% chance of liquor.

Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by obscure2k
For a 9:AM connection, suggest checking in to a hotel in the area.
concur ... Fairfield and Courtyard in El Segundo have shuttle service from/to LAX; I'm not aware of many properties in Manhattan/Hermosa Beach that do
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I would go to Manhattan Beach and if you enjoy seafood, make a reservation at Fishing with Dynamite (tough reservation in tiny restaurant),but they do take walk ins and have a nice little bar. ... Beautiful area, 1 block from the ocean.
concur ... maybe 8-10 min by taxi/Uber from El Segundo hotels
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Meant to post this earlier but forgot...currently on a long-ish connection in ATL. Will be here until 10pm EDT. Currently at B SkyClub but willing to go elsewhere if FTers are around.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meant to post this earlier but forgot...currently on a long-ish connection in ATL. Will be here until 10pm EDT. Currently at B SkyClub but willing to go elsewhere if FTers are around.
Sorry I connected through SLC and MSP today
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:46 pm

Gotta love 757s.

Doubt that would work with the fat pig that is the 739.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
in Superior WI tonight; sampled "Bent Hop Golden IPA" (6.2% ABV, 68 IBU) from Duluth's Bent Paddle Brewing Company
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
in Superior WI tonight
​​​​​​Sounds like a pretty good place, but not the best -- was Superlative all booked up?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
in Superior WI tonight; sampled "Bent Hop Golden IPA" (6.2% ABV, 68 IBU) from Duluth's Bent Paddle Brewing Company
I grew up in a wee small town just south of there.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
How was it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.