Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning everyone! I'm happy to be another year older today.
Happy birthday! How will you be celebrating?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
happy birthday kipper ...
Originally Posted by Zorak
... How will you be celebrating?
if I had to guess, I'd say with a shot and a beer
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
Just so she gets the shooting out of the way before cracking a beer!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by uvasag
Flying Delta DTW->CDG->BOM Aug. 5th. While I can pick seats from DTW->CDG, all seats on CDG->DTW flights are extra money. Does that mean I can't pick seats on that leg?
Same for BOM->CDG. It won't let me pick seats but picked seats for CDG->DTW

Also, what is the difference between Hindu Veg. and Asian Veg. meal? I'm looking for veg. Indian meals on the flight. Also, for my boys they want something veg. but pasta or ravioli. What meal should I pick for them?

Please and Thank you
Between BOM and CDG, I am assuming you're flying on AF, so this may not be the correct forum, but I'll try to help. Unless you are booked in a very high fare in Economy, you can't select seats before check in on AF. AF will assign your seats at checkin for free, or prior for ~$23.

Assuming you're in Y: TATL, I'm pretty sure Delta uses the same meal for Hindu as they do for Asian Vegetarian -- or at least it was on my flights. These will be vegetarian Indian food, and it tastes pretty good IMHO. The generic (non-special meal) options almost always include a vegetarian pasta. There is no special meal for just pasta, so if you are seated toward the front, you should have no problem getting your first choice for meals.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Between BOM and CDG, I am assuming you're flying on AF, so this may not be the correct forum, but I'll try to help. Unless you are booked in a very high fare in Economy, you can't select seats before check in on AF. AF will assign your seats at checkin for free, or prior for ~$23.

Assuming you're in Y: TATL, I'm pretty sure Delta uses the same meal for Hindu as they do for Asian Vegetarian -- or at least it was on my flights. These will be vegetarian Indian food, and it tastes pretty good IMHO. The generic (non-special meal) options almost always include a vegetarian pasta. There is no special meal for just pasta, so if you are seated toward the front, you should have no problem getting your first choice for meals.
Thank you. CDG -> BOM is Air France and return BOM -> CDG is Jet Airways.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I think she alternates shots of whiskey with her glasses of beer.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:48 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Howdy,

Not a longtime Delta flyer at all...but a quick question. (In advance I know AZ is often considered a basket case.)

I have three different flights with AZ last week, all of which I put in my DL acct# when booking. None have shown up yet in my SkyMiles account; is this normal? How long should I wait before attempting to claim them with DL?

Thanks,
FH
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by uvasag
Thank you. CDG -> BOM is Air France and return BOM -> CDG is Jet Airways.
Yeah, 9W is in the same situation as AF -- you have to pay ~1500 INR to select seats ahead of time.

I think I should mention: do not order the Hindu meal on Air France if you want vegetarian food.

And just so this isn't a complete thread hijack, Happy Birthday kipper!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:33 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Happy birthday! How will you be celebrating?
I had a quiet night.
Originally Posted by jrl767
happy birthday kipper ...

Thank you! No alcohol involved.
Originally Posted by fsuj25
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day!
Thank you!
Originally Posted by mattp1987
LOL, no shooting and no alcohol
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
And just so this isn't a complete thread hijack, Happy Birthday kipper!
Thank you!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I feel like all the good punning opportunities lately have been in other threads. I mean, not that anything's really stopping me from derailing another thread (pretend you didn't see that, Canarsie ) and maybe in some threads it would be a nice change of pace from the usual bickering, but I try to confine such things to the Lounge...

Also this post belongs in the hall of pathetic rants thread
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:15 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I feel like all the good punning opportunities lately have been in other threads. I mean, not that anything's really stopping me from derailing another thread (pretend you didn't see that, Canarsie ) and maybe in some threads it would be a nice change of pace from the usual bickering, but I try to confine such things to the Lounge...

LOL, poor thing...
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat

Funny you should mention this because I was noticing the absence here. However, it has not stopped me from entering other threads and like you said, some could use it.

Happy punning to all.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium

I have noticed an uptick in the number of derailed threads being "disciplined" by the mods. The DYKWIA was the most surprising. I love that @MSPeconomist has such a strong opinion in the ESA thread and keeps things on track.

On a personal note, my oldest little tvtd graduated kindergarten last night and I am land based, working locally for a couple of weeks until being forced to take UA to BDL. *sheds tear* At least it's a direct flight from IAD which will, I believe, be shorter gate to gate than my front door to gate area due to UA's ridiculous airside transit system.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
OFS for dinner 2 days in a row, I'm a lucky guy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.