Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The only person I ever knew with a Link Trainer in his attic: R.I.P. Ted

Also kept a bunch of vintage 40's & 50's cars stored on the lot next to his studio -- Packards, I think, and a DeSoto or 2 -- it's been a while.

Wow, he was active in Masonic organizations...

In addition, Ted was extremely active in the Masonic Orders: an active member of Paradise Lodge No. 17, A.F.& A.M., serving as Worshipful Master, Past High Priest of Moscow Chapter 17, Royal Arch Masons, Past Illustrious Master of Moscow Council #6 , Past Commander of Moscow Council #3 , Knights Templar, Member and Past Worthy Patron of Ruby Chapter #9 , Order of The Eastern Star, District Deputy Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Idaho and St. Patrick's Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine.
Blue Lodge (Paradise Lodge No. 17), Chapter, Council and Knights Templar, which is Commandery (all three "bodies" of York Rite), Eastern Star (Ruby Chapter #9 ), Red Cross of Constantine (must be a member of Chapter), plus being a DDGM for Grand Lodge.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987

Indeed she is! I remember talking with GRALISTAIR about a SAT DO, but I haven't seen him post lately.
I hereby end 2 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes of neglect of this thread.
Here I am - btw I have lost 13 pounds in weight. Goal is under 200 by end of August. Now at 220
Old May 6, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Here I am - btw I have lost 13 pounds in weight. Goal is under 200 by end of August. Now at 220
welcome back, and congrats on the weight management (wish I had similar resolve ...)
Old May 6, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
welcome back, and congrats on the weight management (wish I had similar resolve ...)
Seconded on both accounts. It was a beautiful day in Texas. After recovering from watching the Spurs game last night, I went for a 10k run along the river and then played 9 holes of golf, accompanied by a couple local beers.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
Same here.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I do like SLC Skyclub- quite a nice IPA they have here
Old May 7, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by kipper

Wow, he was active in Masonic organizations...
As were, according to CBS News, "George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Winston Churchill, Mozart, Davy Crockett, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Houdini, Gerald Ford, Henry Ford, John Wayne, even Colonel Sanders".

And if you've got a problem with that, it isn't my problem.

He was an interesting person to have known.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:03 am

As were, according to CBS News, "George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Winston Churchill, Mozart, Davy Crockett, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Houdini, Gerald Ford, Henry Ford, John Wayne, even Colonel Sanders".

I don't have a problem with it.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I do like SLC Skyclub- quite a nice IPA they have here
What I used to love about the SLC lounge was how they would start pouring our cognacs as we walked in the door A thousand miles on a CRJ are easier after a couple stiff cognacs.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR

Okay, I've been living under a dense rock. What activities would they do in those orgs?
Old May 9, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Okay, I've been living under a dense rock. What activities would they do in those orgs?
Charitable works.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
If that dense rock is really weighing you down, one of their charities might help you lighten the load.

Some of them (the Shriners) drive around in parades in their ridiculously small cars. I last saw them in a parade in my ex's home town about 20 years ago. Bless them. Sometime a one-stoplight* town can't muster much else for a parade.

*It was blinking red for the cross (east-west) traffic but only yellow for the north-south (Main. St. / MN 29) -- does that count as a full stoplight or merely half?
Old May 9, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL plat, Marriott/SPG Gold
Question about guest access: I'm Delta Gold and have the Amex Delta Reserve and Amex Platinum cards, I wanna know if I can get a guest in with me at the sky club. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2017, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by viamarina
Question about guest access: I'm Delta Gold and have the Amex Delta Reserve and Amex Platinum cards, I wanna know if I can get a guest in with me at the sky club. Thanks!
Only if you are connecting from or to an international flight operated by a SkyTeam airline, then your Gold status entitles you plus a guest to Sky Club Access (there's a major caveat involving international 3rd party business lounges but for the US that's accurate practically speaking).

In all other cases, no -- even if you have multiple credentials that would allow you to access the club, they are all tied to you personally and cannot be used for a guest.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just saw in the UA forum that they're increasing SFO-BWI to 2x daily with much better timings. Between that and VX/AS adding a nonstop on the route in October, my DL loyalty may be tested

When DL started SJC-LAS I joked to my friends that it felt like they did it just for me -- so, if anyone from DL is listening... I don't require D1 to BWI, regular F will suffice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.