Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Nice! When? I've been looking for a good fare to the UK.
Technically it's to NWI via AMS, but August. Might work for other non-LHR airports in the U.K. too.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by tvtd
Not sure what Fiesta is aside from some kind of party 🤔. I'm working the Valero PGA event this weekend. Definitely a work weekend.
Fiesta is a 2+ week party with lots of parades and food/drink events. A number of my coworkers are staffing one of the bars at the Valero Open as a fundraiser for an organization.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
Yes, but you never get the satisfaction of a groan from your own posts. Besides:
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Do seats 4C/D in F on the E175 recline at all?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:23 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Thanx, everyone, for all the congrats. I appreciate it!

They finally fixed the error. I guess it takes a day or 2 for the system to catch up with reality. (pics below)

When I mentioned that the flight would put me over the 2MM mark to the lead FA, and that I flew the first million on NW, she said "I'm sorry"! She was PMDL, of course, lives between CVG & DTW, and changed her base after the merger. Another PMNW FA was genuinely happy for me!

Sorry about the sizing. They're both sent from my phone. Not sure why it's like that.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Do seats 4C/D in F on the E175 recline at all?
pretty sure they do; there's no hard bulkhead behind them
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jrl767
pretty sure they do; there's no hard bulkhead behind them
Reclining into the little people behind you?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
not me (I was actually in 4D last week, LAX-SEA ... #1 of 3 on the list for four seats, 3A was available; the system automatically ran at T-75 while the GA was still working the prior departure)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Whether it's United's drag on / drag off seating or American's offer of some bare-knuckle boxing as pre-departure entertainment, it's always good to have travel options!

Edited to add after reading a 2nd article with better followup:

It appears American is not emulating United's missteps:
An American Airlines spokesman said: “What we see on this video does not reflect our values or how we care for our customers.

“We are deeply sorry for the pain we have caused this passenger and her family and to any other customers affected by the incident.

“We are making sure all of her family’s needs are being met while she is in our care.’

“After electing to take another flight, we are taking special care of her and her family and upgrading them to first class for the remainder of their international trip.

“The actions of our team member captured here do not appear to reflect patience or empathy, two values necessary for customer care.

“In short, we are disappointed by these actions. The American team member has been removed from duty while we immediately investigate this incident.”
I think I need to borrow 2 kids & a folding stroller for my next international trip that starts on American; I had one at ths start of this month but was clueless as to the upgrade procedure.

And what would we do without the British rags to report on these things?

Last edited by MikeMpls; Apr 22, 2017 at 5:19 pm
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tvtd
Not sure what Fiesta is aside from some kind of party 🤔. I'm working the Valero PGA event this weekend. Definitely a work weekend.
Celebrates Texas independence. Sorta like Mardi Gras but without all the nudity and beads. Basically a time to party, drink margaritas/beer, eat oysters and fajitas, drink margaritas/beer some more, eat some more, see one or all of three parades (one on the river walk), and to see who raised the most money for charity to be crowned El Ray ​​Feo. (The ugly king)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Celebrates Texas independence.
My first thought on reading this was "Texas finally seceded? Wait, what?"
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
My first thought on reading this was "Texas finally seceded? Wait, what?"
Secede from what? We only joined them temporarily in 1845. Cholula & Dovster were both there when the papers were signed.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Secede from what? We only joined them temporarily in 1845. Cholula & Dovster were both there when the papers were signed.
Unfortunately, neither of us were from Texas and I remember waiting hours as the ceremony was delayed until they could find a Texan who could write his own name.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
based on what's supposed to be certain, if they were both alive, it had to be Texas
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:12 pm

So I'm bringing this up here because I posted a thread in the main forum which no one responded to and I didn't want to bump it up again. I was happily surprised when I found a much cheaper and more direct flight routing on the KLM website than the one I had originally booked on Delta. It never showed up when I searched on Delta. It is a Delta operated flight from SLC-AMS that I was able to switch to instead of SLC-SFO-AMS. And it reduced the total cost of the trip by almost $1,000. When I asked the agent why it didn't show up on the Delta routing choices, she gave me some explanation that had to do with their internal systems. I guess from now on I will search on KLM or AF as well as Delta and then ask Delta to book it if the system will not let me. I had just never run into this before.

Last edited by flyerslc; Apr 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.