Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
That is me ... with loads of drinks and ... am tight!!
Now I can relate to that!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
That is me too - and - crazy as it may seem, I will spend 100$ on myself at a good restaurant, perhaps more with loads of drinks and good tip, but I object to paying 14$ for WiFi on a plane especially when the company has forked out 6400$ for a BE plane ticket. I know - I am tight!!

I will log on in my hotel room in Seoul -as it sounds like ya'alls will miss me

Originally Posted by jackplum
You posted this indicating you would not be contributing for a week but are still posting.

Can we consider that your recent posts are not contributions? For that matter, are any of our posts contributions?
LOL, that's too much for me to ponder on a Saturday night... especially when I'm fighting a migraine!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
You posted this indicating you would not be contributing for a week but are still posting.

Can we consider that your recent posts are not contributions? For that matter, are any of our posts contributions?
The Lounge is the Lounge. I am posting because it sounded like ya'lls would miss me too much. So my next post in the lounge will be from Korea.

Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, that's too much for me to ponder on a Saturday night... especially when I'm fighting a migraine!
I hope the migraine goes soon - not nice.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
For that matter, are any of our posts contributions?
A while ago I either read in a magazine piece or heard on the radio a lighter-side-of-science type story about space toilets that said that in the design/discussion of such matters the, um, inputs to the system are euphemistically referred to as the astronauts' "contributions" which has forever tainted how I see/hear that word.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:36 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm sitting here trying to figure out whether this is what you really meant or perhaps a Freudian typo.
Originally Posted by Howste
If it was Dovster saying it, I'd believe that's what he meant. With baccarat_king it might just be a Freudian slip.
Ha. It was NOT a slip.

You can quit the Jewish wife.
You cannot quit the Jewish life.

That is me too - and - crazy as it may seem, I will spend 100$ on myself at a good restaurant, perhaps more with loads of drinks and good tip, but I object to paying 14$ for WiFi on a plane especially when the company has forked out 6400$ for a BE plane ticket. I know - I am tight!!

I will log on in my hotel room in Seoul -as it sounds like ya'alls will miss me
Ya'know.... if you let the company just spend $1800 on a Y ticket, and then $14 on wifi, $1814 < $6400; you would save the company a TON of money. Now, that would be "tight."

I always ponder (I'm a small business guy, everything on my dime including all my travel); if your company gave the options :

(a) they pay $6400 business class ticket
(b) they pay $2000 economy ticket, and give your $1500 "cash."

Which would you take?

As an aside, I try not to ever exceed €2000 for a ticket; I've only flown in premium cabins for 2015.... (unless you count my one flight on EasyJet FCO-AMS) and my flying is 90% international long-haul.

I just can't fathom spending (mine or my companies) money when the Delta One fare is north of $5000. Of course, I am sure I would get used to it, if someone else was paying. I'm a very flexible guy...
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Ha. It was NOT a slip.

You can quit the Jewish wife.
You cannot quit the Jewish life.
Over the years I have quit several Jewish wives and an even larger number of Christian wives.

Only one of the above, however, was my own wife.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Dovster
Over the years I have quit several Jewish wives and an even larger number of Christian wives.

Only one of the above, however, was my own wife.
I was counting the moments, it would take you to respond Dovster.

Shanah tovah (שנה טובה), may you and all of your wives past (and present), and family have a healthy and sweet New Year!

and, I shall share one of my favourite RH videos...

Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:32 am

I received an e-mail today with very nice news. Delta said that as a Rosh HaShana present for Jewish flyers it is eliminating the need for MQDs and will grant Medallion status based on the MQMs earned last year.

Of course, for me, it makes no difference as I live outside of the US but it is wonderful news for any Jewish SkyMiles member in the US:

Originally Posted by N830MH
You know that I quit the Jewish. I no longer.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:33 am

Oh, Dovster, you are bad.

You forgot one other part of the offer :

"In addition, all Jewish SkyMiles members residing in the state of Arizona at the start of the Jewish New Year will automatically be upgraded to Platinum Medallion status."

I received an e-mail today with very nice news. Delta said that as a Rosh HaShana present for Jewish flyers it is eliminating the need for MQDs and will grant Medallion status based on the MQMs earned last year.

Of course, for me, it makes no difference as I live outside of the US but it is wonderful news for any Jewish SkyMiles member in the US:
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:12 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The Lounge is the Lounge. I am posting because it sounded like ya'lls would miss me too much. So my next post in the lounge will be from Korea.

I hope the migraine goes soon - not nice.
Thanks. I'm feeling better this morning, but that may change.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Oh, Dovster, you are bad.

You forgot one other part of the offer :

"In addition, all Jewish SkyMiles members residing in the state of Arizona at the start of the Jewish New Year will automatically be upgraded to Platinum Medallion status."
Meh. PM is the new FO these days Now if it were DM, I'd be packing my bags...

-J.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Meh. PM is the new FO these days Now if it were DM, I'd be packing my bags...

-J.
well played!

I suspect my wife values living in SEA more than she does my DL status, tho, and I would strongly agree with her on that point
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

This mean no more MQD? That's it? I'm tired of waiting!!!! And you lied to me. You didn't telling the truth. You're in a big trouble! Go back to Israel now!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
This mean no more MQD? That's it? I'm tired of waiting!!!! And you lied to me. You didn't telling the truth. You're in a big trouble! Go back to Israel now!
This is only for Jewish SkyMiles members living in the US -- so it doesn't apply to you.

Also, I can't go back to Israel now as I am already there.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well last night I deboarded DL159, a 747 in Seoul -ICN. What did I see? I will tell you.
A Kryptonium Medallion in the wild. Saw the Green Card and I said Hi. It was DaCheech and his wife. My first - and it was in ICN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.