Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
When Mr. Kipper and I were out for drinks last week, the pen we were given to sign the credit card receipt had an "accident." I ended up with ink on my face and hands.
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
How many miles did they give you for that?
None.
I see the lounge is on its usual form.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by waywardflf
Greetings from DL 1336 enroute to Seattle. I'm so happy to be in the air again after several months of local work. Sadly my power at 1D does not work, but I can pretty much survive 4 hours on battery.

I missed you all.
Fly safely,
waywardflf
welcome to Seattle! looks like a beautiful week to be here, but I have a 7pm flight to LAX as I get to spend the rest of it in El Segundo CA (and most of next week, and most of the following week ...)
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
welcome to Seattle! looks like a beautiful week to be here, but I have a 7pm flight to LAX as I get to spend the rest of it in El Segundo CA (and most of next week, and most of the following week ...)
I've got a quick SoCal trip this weekend, SJC-BUR // LGB-SJC. Going to a show at the Hollywood Bowl and then meeting up with some cousins.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
road warrior routine for me, lol

this evening SEA-LAX (AS, $119 K fare booked 10 days ago, UG at the window); Fri evening LAX-SEA (DL, WFBF); Sun evening SEA-LAX (DL, WFBF)

REALLY hoping weather doesn't mess up next weekend's southeast Alaska trip: Thurs night LAX-PDX; Fri PDX-SEA-JNU (734 Combi, probably my last chance to get one before they're retired in Sep) / JNU-WRG-PSG-KTN-SEA milk run (standard 734, used one of my MVP Gold Guest UGs)

Mon noon-ish SEA-LAX; Fri noon-ish LAX-SEA -- still watching G/A/P fares and AS options for both
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Geno jumped into the hole for the foundation last night, and must have damaged a nail. Overnight, he bit it off, bled everywhere, and was still bleeding at 5 AM. We got the bleeding stopped, but I'm headed to the vet in 30 minutes or so.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Geno jumped into the hole for the foundation last night, and must have damaged a nail. Overnight, he bit it off, bled everywhere, and was still bleeding at 5 AM. We got the bleeding stopped, but I'm headed to the vet in 30 minutes or so.
Hopefully we hear a good followup tonight. Thinking of you.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Funny how life happens, You clean out your inbox from 5 years ago and you stumble upon an old notification email, so you come to check it out to see if it is still alive, and sure it is......
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:22 pm

Geno is home, resting. He lost the entire nail, bled a fair amount, and has a substantial bandage on his paw. He's on pain meds and got an antibiotic shot.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
Geno is home, resting. He lost the entire nail, bled a fair amount, and has a substantial bandage on his paw. He's on pain meds and got an antibiotic shot.
Good News!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by woodyth
Good News!
Very good news. He's getting extra treats and extra attention.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good news. He's getting extra treats and extra attention.
Not that you needed an excuse to do that.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

forgot to post this Wed evening ...
interesting "brewpub" concept at the El Segundo CA establishment where I watched the US-Jamaica Gold Cup final ... the host scans your ID and gives you a wristband w a chip (good for a total of 40 ounces; the dozen or so taps along the back wall are wine), you tap the chip to the logo by the screen w the beer description, and pour as much as you want to sample

each one is priced per ounce, and when you're ready to leave you turn in your wristband so they can figure out your beer bill and add it to your food bill
Attached Images   
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Neat, I've seen that concept before for wine but not for beer. (Also I think it was some sort of card rather than a microchipped wristband)
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That Amalgamator sure looks good.

On a separate note - I thought I would ask here because the lounge is very friendly and seems to have little snark.

Next Thursday I have an overnight CVG-CDG then on the Friday CDG-MAN. I have a European passport and so immigration for a flight change should be no issue. It is a long time >7 years since I changed in CDG. Anyway, they have my connecting flight on AF leaving at 13.15 and I arrive at 08.15. It is a long time since I spoke French. Long story short - how do I get on standby for the two earlier flights CDG-MAN. I sure would like to get home sooner if possible please?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Neat, I've seen that concept before for wine but not for beer. (Also I think it was some sort of card rather than a microchipped wristband)
we first saw the wine-by-the-ounce dispensers probably 7-8 years ago at Whole Foods in Fairfax VA, and later in a couple of wine bars in Arlington and Reston ... they operated on a pre-paid (reloadable) card with a chip
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
That Amalgamator sure looks good.
far and away the best of the six or seven that I sampled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.