Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
As far as the book is concerned, I think I might be opening myself to a libel suit by Cholula because of this quote from it: "Then this nerd in the multi-colored Hawaiian shirt comes along..."

Consider yourself served.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm planning on going in August... any particular recommendations?
omg don't do the World of Coke. I mean you kind of have to, because Atlanta, but then you have to try all the flavors, and then that pretty much ruins the rest of your day.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bennos
omg don't do the World of Coke. I mean you kind of have to, because Atlanta, but then you have to try all the flavors, and then that pretty much ruins the rest of your day.
That's ok, I have a few days there
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It was really stupid of Airbus to design the A321s without a useable 2L door. Boarding literally takes forever as a result.

Also, I spotted three idle Porsches at T. Wish they were out picking up DMs, or *gasp*, maybe a PM or two.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Mar 26, 2017 at 5:14 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by bennos
Sugar-induced nap time?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WWads
It was really stupid of Airbus to design the A321s without a useable 2L door. Boarding literally takes forever as a result.
ok I just have to be a pedantic literalist again ... putting on my AF test manager's hat, the objective of operational test & evaluation is to determine effectiveness and suitability

from a design functionality standpoint, the door is perfectly effective: it meets all the FAR requirements for access and egress under normal and emergency conditions

from an operational standpoint it's nowhere near suitable: (1) the fact that it's closer to the nacelle means airlines simply don't want to take the risk that the GA could somehow ding the jet when steering/maneuvering the jetway bridge, (2) tight scheduling doesn't allow for a couple extra minutes of ground time to accommodate moving it more slowly, and (3) they don't want to spend the time and money for additional training for the GAs ... moreover, they certainly don't want to use a stair truck and make pax walk across the ramp
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:12 pm

I have an ear infection and am in pain!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ugh, sorry, that's no fun at all
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm sorry, Kipper. Feel better soon!

Fly safely, but when your ear is better,
waywardflf

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Feel better kipper!

I'm in the process of trying to change an SQ award flight. Somehow, despite showing me the confirmation on the booking screen, their system doesn't show my changed flight. It doesn't help that I rebooked just before their devaluation. Last night, they wanted to allow me to waitlist on the flight I'm supposed to be confirmed on. They told me to email in my confirmation which resulted in me receiving a message tonight that my flight was eligible to clear from the waitlist, but when I called in they wanted to charge me more miles. They're currently contacting another department to try to get me confirmed. Gah! I miss Delta.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
ugh, sorry, that's no fun at all
No, it's not, especially because I'm supposed to use ear drops as part of the treatment. :I(
Originally Posted by waywardflf
I'm sorry, Kipper. Feel better soon!

Fly safely, but when your ear is better,
waywardflf

Thanks. I'm hoping I'll be a bit better tomorrow.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Feel better kipper!

I'm in the process of trying to change an SQ award flight. Somehow, despite showing me the confirmation on the booking screen, their system doesn't show my changed flight. It doesn't help that I rebooked just before their devaluation. Last night, they wanted to allow me to waitlist on the flight I'm supposed to be confirmed on. They told me to email in my confirmation which resulted in me receiving a message tonight that my flight was eligible to clear from the waitlist, but when I called in they wanted to charge me more miles. They're currently contacting another department to try to get me confirmed. Gah! I miss Delta.
Thanks!

Ugh, that's a pain! Any update?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Ugh, that's a pain! Any update?
Actually, as I was reading your post, the phone rang from the Singapore Air representative. It's taken care of and we're re-ticketed!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
GROAN

Hope you are feeling better.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
So sorry to hear that.

PS: Hope you feel better soon!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Get well soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.