Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Zorak
At JFK T4, will be here a couple more hours...
I almost was, but I took an earlier flight to LGA instead.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
At LEAST a few would be good.
Several would be better.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
Several would be better.
An unlimited supply would be best.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
So much for that 747 Upper Deck flight I was so excited for. Delta took ICN-DTW off the schedule completely on Wednesdays this Spring. They rebooked us ICN-SEA-DTW-SAT, with the TPAC leg on a 767. I'm thinking at this point our best option is to skip our day in Seoul and ask DL to open space on SYD-LAX-SAT for us, but I was really looking forward to flying KE for the first time and the 744 for what might be the last time.

I didn't even get a notification either. I just noticed it when I was doing my routine checks of all my trips that I do occasionally.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Howste
An unlimited supply would be best.
I agree.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
So much for that 747 Upper Deck flight I was so excited for. Delta took ICN-DTW off the schedule completely on Wednesdays this Spring. They rebooked us ICN-SEA-DTW-SAT, with the TPAC leg on a 767. I'm thinking at this point our best option is to skip our day in Seoul and ask DL to open space on SYD-LAX-SAT for us, but I was really looking forward to flying KE for the first time and the 744 for what might be the last time.

I didn't even get a notification either. I just noticed it when I was doing my routine checks of all my trips that I do occasionally.
bummer

if the KE and 747 schedules permit, could you stay an extra day in SYD and return ICN-DTW-SAT on Thurs?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
bummer

if the KE and 747 schedules permit, could you stay an extra day in SYD and return ICN-DTW-SAT on Thurs?
There's no KE availability that week either SYD/BNE-ICN or ICN-US, at least for two passengers in J. The best option I could think of would be to convince them to let me have a longer connection in ICN that would normally cause a fare break, keep my Tuesday SYD-ICN flight, and fly ICN-DTW-SAT Thursday. The other problem there is that my leave balance is fine but Mrs. P's is fairly low. However, I'm pretty much resigned to rebooking SYD-LAX-SAT on DL. I may wait a bit though; I'd hate to give up my KE flight only to have DL change their minds and reinstate ICN-DTW.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
anyone else flying this glorious thanksgiving eve?

i'll be in atlanta ~6:15-8:30, mostly at OFS, i suspect..
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Seat1A

In my seat waiting to push back on DAY-ATL, but I'll be on the plane to DCA before you get there. I thought today would be easy for upgrades, but I ended up getting the final seat on this flight (2/13 for 2 seats). ATL-DCA cleared at the window.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i bought the A fare -- at only $110 extra BOS-ATL-HOU, thought it was worth it. right to buy it, but should have waited! i could actually have downfared for a $15 credit after the change fee *yesterday*, but 215x9 is worth a bit more than $15.... (is that what they call "new math?")

on the bright side, lie flats BOS-ATL!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Seat1A

I'm halfway through the SIN MR, where it is already Thursday -- the crew wished Happy Thanksgiving to all the US pax on arrival

Will be at JFK again for a few hours Thursday evening...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mattp1987
In my seat waiting to push back on DAY-ATL, but I'll be on the plane to DCA before you get there. I thought today would be easy for upgrades, but I ended up getting the final seat on this flight (2/13 for 2 seats). ATL-DCA cleared at the window.
Today is not so easy; tomorrow is easy.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm halfway through the SIN MR, where it is already Thursday -- the crew wished Happy Thanksgiving to all the US pax on arrival

Will be at JFK again for a few hours Thursday evening...
I'll be there Friday morning. Later than usual, Delta seems to have adjusted their schedules this year.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:50 am

I've been awake since 3 AM... I would like to go back to sleep, but two of the three pups are sprawled out on the bed.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
I've been awake since 3 AM... I would like to go back to sleep, but two of the three pups are sprawled out on the bed.
That is your fault - you are too soft with them. Put your foot down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.