Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Well originally it was St. Thomas (wouldn't make it out), then Bermuda (one flight a day), then Bahamas. Assuming I wake up in time, there's a 6:30am flight to NAS I'm hoping to take with some of my colleagues.

-J.
Boom. I was right. I was originally going to guess STT but that's technically a U.S. Territory as you originally said a country with islands IIRC.

I can't wait to be able to fly around wherever I want to like that...
Old May 24, 2015, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Have a pint.
I did.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Or more.
I was going to, but the Newport Storm IPA was pretty lousy.
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Hope the day gets better, kipper.

I found myself in one of those more miles than money situations, and am flying, sigh, United tomorrow in the name of burning some miles that United seems to give away like candy for non-flight activites. Somehow I've never managed to use them before (never lived in a place where they made sense) and the folks in the United forum are making me a little nervous with their tales of woe. I mean I know the triangle ain't perfect and all, but at least they try to fix the problems they create.
Thanks! How was your flight?
Originally Posted by jackal
kipper, I hope your day ended up better than it started out.
It didn't, but yesterday was a good day, so I'll deal.

I thought of a question for you, but now I don't remember what it was!
Nope, I paid the meter and everything, and I thought that the meters were not active from 2:30pm-6:30pm, so I paid for my 10 minutes. Turns out that was indeed the case, since it was actually a no-parking zone. Oops

I was in Quebec in 2006 IIRC and loved it. My dad had just finished up a bunch of business trips and we stayed at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac That was pretty cool. I'd like to go back to Quebec at some point.

Lol! We were delayed, in the words of the captain, "because JFK." Unfortunately that actually makes complete sense to me. Anyway, no, no, and no I am not going to Venezuela.

-J.
Hope your ticket wasn't too much!
Old May 24, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kipper
Thanks! How was your flight?
Hasn't taken off yet from PNS due to weather delays out of IAH.

It was apparently NAIA track and field championships weekend in Gulf Shores, and from the 'you thought you had oversized luggage' file, I watched a couple of guys check their pole vault poles a little bit ago.

Also a sighting of an 'emotional support' weiner dog that was maybe 4 pounds tops. I hope it doesn't get taken out by someone else's wheelie.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:10 am

Hasn't taken off yet from PNS due to weather delays out of IAH.

It was apparently NAIA track and field championships weekend in Gulf Shores, and from the 'you thought you had oversized luggage' file, I watched a couple of guys check their pole vault poles a little bit ago.

Also a sighting of an 'emotional support' weiner dog that was maybe 4 pounds tops. I hope it doesn't get taken out by someone else's wheelie.
How fun... Perhaps I need to get Geno certified as an emotional support dog... Some days, he keeps me from flipping out at people.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I thought of a question for you, but now I don't remember what it was!
Is it the beer at work or were hypnotized to join the harem?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:57 pm

Is it the beer at work or were hypnotized to join the harem?
Could it be both?
Old May 24, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Triangle?
I like that - and I hope it subtle enough to make it past the mods
Old May 24, 2015, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by N639DL
Boom. I was right. I was originally going to guess STT but that's technically a U.S. Territory as you originally said a country with islands IIRC.

I can't wait to be able to fly around wherever I want to like that...
Hopefully sooner rather than later

Hope your ticket wasn't too much!
For my tastes it was actually pretty expensive. It was definitely on the higher end of what I'm willing to pay; that's why I prefer traveling domestically only (and to PR and the USVI) -- much, much cheaper.

I did Global Entry in NAS for preclearance which was kind of cool... but then I was random'ed and had secondary screening, so my non-GE friends made it to the gate long before I did

-J.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:53 pm

Hopefully sooner rather than later

For my tastes it was actually pretty expensive. It was definitely on the higher end of what I'm willing to pay; that's why I prefer traveling domestically only (and to PR and the USVI) -- much, much cheaper.

I did Global Entry in NAS for preclearance which was kind of cool... but then I was random'ed and had secondary screening, so my non-GE friends made it to the gate long before I did

-J.
LOL
Old May 24, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
How fun... Perhaps I need to get Geno certified as an emotional support dog... Some days, he keeps me from flipping out at people.
I think all it takes is one of those certificates downloaded from the internet- kind of like getting a Universal Life Church ordination from the webs so you can marry a couple of friends.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:23 am

Could it be both?
There is only one way to test which it is.

*Sends in Dov to check on Kipper*

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I like that - and I hope it subtle enough to make it past the mods
You're starting to sound like Dov.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Hi everyone. I'm looking to use my Skymiles to take my family to London (and possibly Paris) next summer and hope to jump on something when the schedule opens up past June 1, 2016. Traveling with my wife and two children (13 and 11). I would like to treat them to a nice experience with a lie-flat seat in Business class if possible. Which aircraft & route should I be targeting? (the B747 seems like a great option if I can book it?) Would be departing from STL and I will have around 800K miles to burn. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2015, 7:33 am

I think all it takes is one of those certificates downloaded from the internet- kind of like getting a Universal Life Church ordination from the webs so you can marry a couple of friends.
Perhaps I should do that then.
There is only one way to test which it is.

You're starting to sound like Dov.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Hi everyone. I'm looking to use my Skymiles to take my family to London (and possibly Paris) next summer and hope to jump on something when the schedule opens up past June 1, 2016. Traveling with my wife and two children (13 and 11). I would like to treat them to a nice experience with a lie-flat seat in Business class if possible. Which aircraft & route should I be targeting? (the B747 seems like a great option if I can book it?) Would be departing from STL and I will have around 800K miles to burn. Thanks!
London, Paris or both?

DL has no more stop overs for award tickets, so I would suggest you travel from london to paris by yourself.

To avoid the high taxes: I would head to london first then return from paris.

on DL planes, I believe all 747 and 777 have lie flat seats in BE.

Partner awards are likely cheaper than DL, so you could also consider AF and KL, but not all are lie flat.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:46 am

hmmm

what did you do to Dov?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.