Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by dimramon
Or he could join ISIS.
Word on the street is they don't make you yodel.
Originally Posted by N830MH
NO! Absolutely not! I won't join ISIS. It's very bad out there. I won't go to Syria.
But dimramon is right. Delta has waived MQYs (Medallion Qualification Yodels) for SkyMiles members in Syria.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Absolutely not! I won't move with my brother. I can't be in Europe. Sorry! America is my home. This is my home. We lived in Phoenix, AZ for almost 11 years. I don't want to be with my brother after all. Do you understand that? You had respect that. I had a family here. We don't lived in Europe.
I've never changed my residency to that of another country, so others here could tell you the steps necessary. I'm sure you could contact your brother for help getting an EU residency permit.

How much time you spent there would be up to you. I'm assuming all the proof DL would require would be a residency permit.

No matter how many posts you make here about wanting the old system without MQDs, Delta will not be changing this now or in the foreseeable future. Sorry, but it's a pointless effort. Too many of us are meeting the MQD thresholds.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
No matter how many posts you make here about wanting the old system without MQDs, Delta will not be changing this now or in the foreseeable future. Sorry, but it's a pointless effort. Too many of us are meeting the MQD thresholds.
+1 - AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. On a nicer note, I am going to leave in a few hours DAY-ATL-MAN-ATL-DAY BE/F all the way courtesy of a Z fare. Does not get much sweeter than that (unless someone else was paying which they are not!)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

+1 - AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. On a nicer note, I am going to leave in a few hours DAY-ATL-MAN-ATL-DAY BE/F all the way courtesy of a Z fare. Does not get much sweeter than that (unless someone else was paying which they are not!)
Nice! I've been playing around on Google Flights with BE flights from Dayton but haven't found too much. I also don't really have time for international travel beyond what I already have booked. However I did find an attractive price on DAY-ATL-LIM with the ATL-LIM segment on a 767 with lie-flats. Unfortunately, the flights are poorly timed to make it work on a 3 day weekend.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Nice! I've been playing around on Google Flights with BE flights from Dayton but haven't found too much.
You and I should have a drink sometime in the Dayton area. I live close to I-75 exit 44.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I won't go to Syria.
Isn’t Syria the plural of a thick sweet substance one pours on pancakes?

“I like maple syrup on my pancakes.”

“Oh, yeah? Well, I like both strawberry and blueberry syria on my pancakes...”
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
someone ought to sweden up the conversation here ...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Isn’t Syria the plural of a thick sweet substance one pours on pancakes?

“I like maple syrup on my pancakes.”
First dimramon wanted to send N830MH to ISIS and now Canarsie is suggesting that he go to IHOP.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
First dimramon wanted to send N830MH to ISIS and now Canarsie is suggesting that he go to IHOP.
I just thought that all of this waffling around ought to end...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
it'll be toast soon
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Nice! I've been playing around on Google Flights with BE flights from Dayton but haven't found too much. I also don't really have time for international travel beyond what I already have booked. However I did find an attractive price on DAY-ATL-LIM with the ATL-LIM segment on a 767 with lie-flats. Unfortunately, the flights are poorly timed to make it work on a 3 day weekend.
You should look at flights ex-LAX, SAN and SJC for I was able to get LAX-FCO-BCN-FCO-LAX (on AZ, in I) for $2133, LAX-JFK-CDG-AGP-CDG-MSP-LAX (on DL--domestic only, AF for the rest, in Z) for $2173 and LAX-AMS-BCN-CDG-MSP-LAX (KL for the LAX-AMS-BCN, AF for the BCN-CDG-MSP, DL for MSP-LAX, in Z) for $2080.

Now the question is whether I credit to SkyPesos or FlyingBlue (which remind me of Italian Lira for some reason)?

Then the secondary question is, do I fly on EasyJet or Vueling on BCN-NCE, or drive and deal with MRS and related traffic?

ETA: For those who are interested in FlyingBlue, each itinerary will earn between 19,200-22,000 level miles.

Last edited by fgirard; Oct 23, 2014 at 1:09 pm Reason: adding estimated mileage
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fgirard
You should look at flights ex-LAX, SAN and SJC for I was able to get LAX-FCO-BCN-FCO-LAX (on AZ, in I).
In my experience, it is best to avoid traveling as a passenger on Alitalia in a seat in the economy class cabin from Los Angeles to Rome; so if you can travel as economically as possible in the business class cabin instead — as in your example — you are far better off.

Due to construction at the airport in Los Angeles, leave extra time to go through the airport security checkpoint.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In my experience, it is best to avoid traveling as a passenger on Alitalia in a seat in the economy class cabin from Los Angeles to Rome; so if you can travel as economically as possible in the business class cabin instead — as in your example — you are far better off.

Due to construction at the airport in Los Angeles, leave extra time to go through the airport security checkpoint.
Also, with the KL itineraries, they try to force Transavia on the AMS-BCN, and when on the DL website, it shows that segment as "operated by KLM".

Hopefully the construction at LAX is not as miserable as my recent experience on UA out of T7.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:00 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

My final flight of the year, in mid-November is a "Z-fare."
AMS-ATL-MIA-CDG-AMS
This should be my final flying of the year (I hope).
I will just qualify for Diamond Medallion.

Only thing booked (so far) for 2015, is a discounted business class fare AMS-NRT-AMS in February, €1800'ish all-in roundtrip (KLM nonstop, 747, upper deck).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so I guess we should expect to see you posting in the "Do You Miss Flying" thread some time in early to mid December

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.