Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:15 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Last time I was stuck there I discovered the DoubleTree is only 10k Hilton points. I learned the hard way that booking the last flight of the night on ATL-VPS in the summer isn't the best idea. That's now my backup plan for ATL versus paying $100+ for a room (unless there is space at the Marriott that doesn't require a shuttle). I don't know if that's an option for you, but hopefully it helps somebody on this board if they're in a pinch.
I enjoy staying with Starwood, and get an employee rate sometimes.

Made it on the first flight this morning. Back home after 5 days in Europe! A night in FRA, a night in CDG, and 2 in LJU!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPGabe
Back home after 5 days in Europe! A night in FRA, a night in CDG, and 2 in LJU!
I am back in Kansas City - though only for 2 days.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
Just so I am certain that I understand -- does this mean that you do not like MQDs?
Right, I don't like MQDs requirements. This is unacceptable! Then better change it back to MQM again, but not MQDs requirements. Eliminate them now!

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Oy, come on man! Enough is enough. I'm losing my status this year too and I've cut back my flying. Come join me on the Blue side
I dont care! As long I still fought against Delta. I want to bring the old program back! I WANT BACK NOW! I NEED EARNED MQM. I don't want to losing Silver and I just want to became Gold Medallion.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
Right, I don't like MQDs requirements. This is unacceptable! Then better change it back to MQM again, but not MQDs requirements. Eliminate them now!
You have about as much chance of changing it as I do changing the haze conditions in SIN (which I also don't like. Then again, I know it will go away someday, but it has been a while and PSI has remained stubbornly high...)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
He needs to "sweet talk" a Diamond into gifting him gold! Then, N830MH would be Gold Medallion with NO MQD worries. ^
I dont care! As long I still fought against Delta. I want to bring the old program back! I WANT BACK NOW! I NEED EARNED MQM. I don't want to losing Silver and I just want to became Gold Medallion.
N830MH, as noted above, I gave you rather sage advice just a few days ago.

If you can convince a Diamond to "gift" you Gold Medallion; no MQDs are required.

I think the above, would be worth the effort; complaining about MQDs, not so much.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
If you can convince a Diamond to "gift" you Gold Medallion; no MQDs are required.
Alternatively, he can move in with his brother in Switzerland and be exempt from the MQD requirements.

Of course, this would mean that he would have to learn how to yodel.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:58 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Alternatively, he can move in with his brother in Switzerland and be exempt from the MQD requirements.

Dovster why must you always "one-up" my sage advice?

In any event, I thought yodels were frosted, cream-filled cakes made by the Drake's company. But, is it possible to yodel with a yodel in your mouth?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:07 am

I may not take your advice about Sage, but I would be happy to listen to whatever advice you can give me about getting Rosemary.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:22 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

In any event, I thought yodels were frosted, cream-filled cakes made by the Drake's company. But, is it possible to yodel with a yodel in your mouth?
Mmm, yodels...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

There was a short period of time where Drake sold a vanilla version of Yodels called Snodels.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Dreary rainy afternoon... it means work will be busy tonight.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely not! I won't move with my brother. I can't be in Europe. Sorry! America is my home. This is my home. We lived in Phoenix, AZ for almost 11 years. I don't want to be with my brother after all. Do you understand that? You had respect that. I had a family here. We don't lived in Europe.

N830MH, as noted above, I gave you rather sage advice just a few days ago.

I think the above, would be worth the effort; complaining about MQDs, not so much.
How I can do that? How? Should I emailing to Delta? Do you want to talks Delta? Can you do that for me?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:32 pm

How I can do that? How? Should I emailing to Delta? Do you want to talks Delta? Can you do that for me?
E-mailing Delta would not help. The only way you can do that is if you know a Diamond Medallion member who would prefer gifting you with GM status than giving it to someone else (like his wife or child) or taking one of the other choice benefits being offered to him.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat

Or he could join ISIS.
Word on the street is they don't make you yodel.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dimramon
Or he could join ISIS.
Word on the street is they don't make you yodel.
NO! Absolutely not! I won't join ISIS. It's very bad out there. I won't go to Syria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.