Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Morning! Almost time to head to the airport again. Heading to Taiwan today.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome!

Replies: 86,115
Views: 2,942,211

What will come first - 3 million views or 100000 replies?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I have trouble keeping up ... where are you working now?
Still the same job that I've had for over a year now. Bus operator/dispatcher at the college that I attend.

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome!

Replies: 86,115
Views: 2,942,211

What will come first - 3 million views or 100000 replies?
3 million views without a doubt.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by N639DL

3 million views without a doubt.
Agreed. Based on those numbers we are averaging a reply for every 34.17 views. At that rate, we'll be above 3.4 million views by post 100k. Of course, I don't know how that rate has changed over the past 8 years and 11 months since The Lounge opened.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
date/time(3M views) >> date/time(100K replies)
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: IHG, AA, Delta, UA, Budget, etc
I am looking for advice and not sure which is the appropriate thread to post in, so hopefully you guys don't mind me asking here. This seems a common enough question to not start a brand new thread.

I have a Delta eCredit for about $240 that expires on 25 September 2014. This is from a flight I booked and did not take about a year ago. It was around $600 but I booked a flight earlier this year using part of it.

From what I've read so far, it looks like as long as I use the eCredit before 25 September 2014, I can travel as late as a year beyond the purchase date, and am not restricted to travel by the certificate expiration date. That is good news.

I looked at the T&Cs for the eCredit, which refer to it as a "Delta Travel Voucher" with Reference Code "DTV" and don't see any usage restrictions regarding any kind of travel-by date. Just an expiration for usage of the voucher itself.

Where I need advice is (beyond confirming or invalidating the above, either of which is appreciated) on what to do next, considering I have no fixed travel plans at the moment and don't want to lose the value of the certificate by not using it.

Options I'm considering:

1. Call Delta (shudder) and ask for an extension of the expiration date. Searches here indicate this can sometimes work but is not reliable and I should not get my hopes up.

2. Buy a refundable ticket with a travel date 11 months from now to a destination I know I'm likely to eventually travel to within a year, and then change the date when I know what the date will be. Assuming that works.

3. Roll the dice and just buy a ticket for sometime in the future, hoping I'll be able to use it.

4. Something else? I wish I could just buy miles or something but it looks like it can only be used against the cost of a plane ticket.

It is non-transferable, so no selling it.

I also have another eCredit for about $20 which they classify as an "ETK" or "Unused e-ticket" which I can hopefully add in on whatever course of action I follow.

Any advice or thoughts on what to do here? I really don't want to spend hours waiting on hold in the CSR phone queue only to be immediately denied an extension.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:06 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Delta phone agent REALLY screws up a phone reservation I made this morning.

Very frustrating, but the eventual supervisor (CVG) is kind enough to offer 20K x 2 SkyMiles (2 people in booking) for my trouble. I'd say, that 40K SkyMiles was a very nice offer.

Really does make a difference, when you get a phone supervisor who "feels your pain!"
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We sold our spare Jeep today. Well, I did.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:35 pm

Mr. Kipper and I are headed to Manhattan tomorrow to pick up our new addition to the household... a 10-year-old Belgian Malinois.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I would personally prefer the small, ugly monkey a woman was carrying through the MSP C terminal yesterday.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
Mr. Kipper and I are headed to Manhattan tomorrow to pick up our new addition to the household... a 10-year-old Belgian Malinois.
I would suggest you make a DO out of it and invite a bunch of us to a bar, but pets are not allowed in restaurants. Which I must admit I fully support, because I am allergic to dogs and cats

-J.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I would personally prefer the small, ugly monkey a woman was carrying through the MSP C terminal yesterday.
LOL, they carry diseases.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I would suggest you make a DO out of it and invite a bunch of us to a bar, but pets are not allowed in restaurants. Which I must admit I fully support, because I am allergic to dogs and cats

-J.
I'm allergic to kids, so as long as it is a child-free DO, I'm fine with that.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
This semester I don't work on Fridays, Additionally my last class got out 20 minutes early.

Decided to make a quick one-night trip home for tonight... Got home at 3pm and will hopefully leave by 5pm to head back to school. Gotta work and make that money! Went home to get a few things/relax/get a couple of things around here done. Really weird being here this close to the start - past 2 years I've stayed there until October. It was feeling like it weather-wise too. 39 degree low temp tonight.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
kipper, have you had too many drinks or do you just not know how to use the multi-quote feature?

Also, I'm about to respond to that PM from a month ago, unless I forget again. (8 brews tonight )

Okay, I got a bit too happy with these: , but I closed my parentheses!!!

Last edited by DeltaWings; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.