Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
see next post ...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
at least I got a chance to unwind with a couple of Snake Dog IPAs ... however it's time to turn TrackChanges on again for an hour or so
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
at least I got a chance to unwind with a couple of Snake Dog IPAs ... however it's time to turn TrackChanges on again for an hour or so
Have you tried their new Old Bay beer? I'm looking forward to trying one next time I'm back in MD.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I grew up thru junior high and high school in PG County, have lived here in NoVA for 13+ years, and REALLY do not care for Old Bay at all ...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Today was a great day. I started my new job And it is going fantastically so far. I am getting paid to have fun, and even to ultimately work from home.

Originally Posted by N639DL
Done with work for the summer on August 8th. Almost a month off until meetings take place on September 1st or 2nd. It'll be nice to have 3 weeks off, and hoping to spend a week in NY with limited cell phone service. Also hoping to go to NYC for a weekend. If it was planned more in advance I would have liked to go to the recording of a late night show.
Sounds like fun. Let me know when you're in NYC if you want to meet up -- first round's (soda for you?) on me!

Originally Posted by kipper
Then, work was horrible--I'm apparently on my boss's crud list.
Need me to call in a favor?

-J.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
I pondered drinking tonight, but figured I should probably not.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Today was a great day. I started my new job And it is going fantastically so far. I am getting paid to have fun, and even to ultimately work from home.

Sounds like fun. Let me know when you're in NYC if you want to meet up -- first round's (soda for you?) on me!

Need me to call in a favor?

-J.
Please!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'm interested, not sure if/when I'd be going that way, or if I'll have time.

2nd to last Tuesday tomorrow, which for me, is Monday.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I drank Budweiser tonight in a dive bar. The night was going alright until drunk dude tried to make sexual advances on me. He was subsequently cut off and told to go home, but stole the brews of two guys as he walked out.

Scary to think that guy drove home.

I'm interested to hear my girlfriend-ish's reaction to this story.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
One of my co-workers had a good scAAre Sunday evening. Flying DEN-DFW-HSV.

Aircraft for DEN-DFW (apparently an MD-80) arrived way late due to mechanical issues, then was delayed further for more repairs at DEN. Finally took off even later, and returned to DEN shortly after takeoff due to smoke in the cockpit. Hot (fast) landing to expedite the return, but no emergency evac. Fire crew boarded the aircraft and eventually the plane moved to the gate under its own power. Needless to say, the pax were pretty frightened and my co-worker has gotten $800 in AA bucks so far. (I'm definitely jeAAlous of that.)

Rebooking was a nightmare as the small staff at DEN tried to rebook a plane load of passengers. My co-worker says they spent an hour rebooking him. AA finally flew up a replacement aircraft and got those that were still willing to fly into DFW around 3:00 a.m. He got into HSV late that morning.

Pretty good little scare, but at least they never heard the magic words "easy victor". By the way, is MM's website still up? Can't get to it from work, but my employer blocks all kinds of stuff so I can't tell...

David
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
I generally don't care for aquatic entrees. Ribs or turkey breast sound very yummy though!

You could ship some to me. I've heard that if you label them "yeast samples" or "hydration kits," they usually skate by without a problem.
You keep wanting for everyone to ship to you. Earn miles and fly to us!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackplum
You keep wanting for everyone to ship to you. Earn miles and fly to us!
The kibblers make it a bit difficult to travel too far.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by DiverDave
One of my co-workers had a good scAAre Sunday evening. Flying DEN-DFW-HSV.

Aircraft for DEN-DFW (apparently an MD-80) arrived way late due to mechanical issues, then was delayed further for more repairs at DEN. Finally took off even later, and returned to DEN shortly after takeoff due to smoke in the cockpit. Hot (fast) landing to expedite the return, but no emergency evac. Fire crew boarded the aircraft and eventually the plane moved to the gate under its own power. Needless to say, the pax were pretty frightened and my co-worker has gotten $800 in AA bucks so far. (I'm definitely jeAAlous of that.)

Rebooking was a nightmare as the small staff at DEN tried to rebook a plane load of passengers. My co-worker says they spent an hour rebooking him. AA finally flew up a replacement aircraft and got those that were still willing to fly into DFW around 3:00 a.m. He got into HSV late that morning.

Pretty good little scare, but at least they never heard the magic words "easy victor". By the way, is MM's website still up? Can't get to it from work, but my employer blocks all kinds of stuff so I can't tell...

David
Ouch. I would've taken the hotel room, if AA actually was offering it. (Sounded like they did based on what I bolded). I bet they had to get a different crew for that flight at 3am.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by DiverDave
By the way, is MM's website still up?
MM?

WhatWhat?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
MM?

WhatWhat?
easyvictor.org.

I checked from home last night and it is still there.

David
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Well, that was fun. Lost power due to massive storm Sunday. Finally restored last night, but no telcom (internet, tv, etc...) 'til today. Still several trees down in the area.

Ahhh, the relaxing sounds of chainsaws & generators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.