Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:46 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
She was obsolete before she ever started:

That list lists towards listing the order listed of listing FlyerTalk members who posted while listing — and scoow enlisted herself to list from the list a listing of unique FlyerTalk members who posted to The Lounge™ and listed the number when she posted, as the list count needed to be counted manually in the form of a manual list or in a spreadsheet software application program which lists the list automatically.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Canarsie
That list lists towards listing the order listed of listing FlyerTalk members who posted while listing — and scoow enlisted herself to list from the list a listing of unique FlyerTalk members who posted to The Lounge™ and listed the number when she posted, as the list count needed to be counted manually in the form of a manual list or in a spreadsheet software application program which lists the list automatically.
It was actually a manual list in a spreadsheet software application since the program could not list the list automatically in the order in which the poster posted. But I have not kept the list up to date. If I find myself with insomnia sometime, perhaps I'll look into updating it.

In the meantime, welcome to all the new posters in The Lounge™.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scoow
It was actually a manual list in a spreadsheet software application since the program could not list the list automatically in the order in which the poster posted. But I have not kept the list up to date. If I find myself with insomnia sometime, perhaps I'll look into updating it.
I was going to post that I could probably arrange for the Dovster to keep you awake all night so that you can update the list — but I remember that time in South Florida when he was at poolside with at least two women before midnight when he suddenly announced that he was going to bed because he was tired...

...and no, the women did not seem to sneak off to meet him in his hotel room.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
In the meantime, welcome to all the new posters in The Lounge™.
+1

I was going to post that I could probably arrange for the Dovster to keep you awake all night so that you can update the list — ..and no, the women did not seem to sneak off to meet him in his hotel room.
nice to see 2 mods on the thread at the same time. ^

GRALISTAIR, a330300, AJDelvarno, ASTechGuy, atlocal, auburntiger, BamaGirl, Barbella7, Beckles, BER Flyer, bergamini, BNAChairman, BogusRogus, BWIcrab, Canarsie, cfw, Cholula, CJKatl, clr4t8koff, cmn.jcs, cparrish, davetravels, davisew, DLDMFLL, edh101985, emrdoc, FireFlyer, GrizShel, Grouchy, GUWonder, IndyDave, javabytes, Jethead, jjglaze77, Khssoccer16, lindsey1, lsumegan, miraclebear2003, MR_MAMA, nogophers, ohmark, Phil2016, potcake, pstation, rb.sr, reed2x, richardinmotion, RipCityFlyer, roknroll, RSSrsvp, s023kaw, scottsam66, sectflyer, shukar, StuckOnSegments, suvayanr, tentseller, tpatta, wwrush

Make that four MODS + scoow

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Apr 18, 2014 at 4:23 pm Reason: extra mods!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
My company closed for Good Friday at 4.30pm today!!!! ^^
I'll take a half day off over no time off, which is what it was at my previous company.

Mr. Kipper should be home in an hour. I'm considering napping until then.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I was going to post that I could probably arrange for the Dovster to keep you awake all night so that you can update the list — but I remember that time in South Florida when he was at poolside with at least two women before midnight when he suddenly announced that he was going to bed because he was tired...
That was 8 1/2 years ago and you still remember it!

...and no, the women did not seem to sneak off to meet him in his hotel room.
And you still haven't discovered who the three other women who did come to my room were.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
That was 8 1/2 years ago and you still remember it!
Was it really that long ago?

It seems like yesterday — perhaps because I actually drove by the location of where that took place yesterday.
And you still haven't discovered who the three other women who did come to my room were.
I am not sure that the housekeeping staff counts...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I am not sure that the housekeeping staff counts...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:34 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kishkash
I find myself heading home to PIT via DTW more than any other hub these days. I'm in an odd boat for business travel with mainly Wednesday/Thursday departures and Saturday/Sunday returns, but perhaps we've been on the same plane without realizing.
Well, 100% of my travel is for pleasure, so, I believe I tend to fly opposite hours compared to business travelers, usually staying over weekends, and coming home late on Mon's or Tuesdays. (Chicago is usually a Tuesday, as I hava monthly overnite Monday "thing" that I do there )

Although I HAVE flown thru DTW a zillion times over the years, I seem to find that lately I'm flying more via MSP / JFK / ATL. As I stated above, my original routing on that particular trip was via JFK, but that's the day with all the NYC / east coast weather cr@p, so I was auto-rerouted via DTW due to both flights being canx.

Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I took a picture of this month's Sky magazine, but apparently I need to find a new image hosting site. The magazine has a graph of the liquor consumed on Delta flights. Bourbon whiskey is at 7% while vodka is at 47%. It makes me wonder why almost every flight I've been on recently has run out of Woodford.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I took a picture of this month's Sky magazine, but apparently I need to find a new image hosting site. The magazine has a graph of the liquor consumed on Delta flights. Bourbon whiskey is at 7% while vodka is at 47%. It makes me wonder why almost every flight I've been on recently has run out of Woodford.
Maybe you've got the cause/ effect backwards. They run out of Woodford, so people switch to vodka.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Maybe you've got the cause/ effect backwards. They run out of Woodford, so people switch to vodka.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
It makes me wonder why almost every flight I've been on recently has run out of Woodford.

The probably board six or fewer Woodford's vs. thirty-six Vodkas on the average flight.

Not hard to see what they would run out of first when you've got a couple discriminating FT'ers on the flight.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cholula
Not hard to see what they would run out of first when you've got a couple discriminating FT'ers on the flight.
Perhaps Delta should consider a joint airplane livery with FlyerTalk?!? Wouldn't THAT be sumthin'

Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
you've got a couple discriminating FT'ers on the flight.
I thought it is very un-PC to discriminate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.