Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When is Medallion Elite Status Effective? The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is Medallion Elite Status Effective? The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:25 pm

Red face Hitting Silver mid-itinerary

[moving over to "post-merger" forum"]

Last edited by AlecM; Dec 13, 2009 at 2:50 pm Reason: posting it in post-merger forum
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM HH Diamond SPG Gold Hyatt Plat
Updated to FO Immediately

Fyi, went over 25k MQM mid itn 3/16 and Delta updated my status by the time I checked that evening. Don't know if this is new or just a fluke. Not a match or challenge just straight BIS miles.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:13 am
Suspended

Friday night I completed a flt at approx 7:30PM (pacific). The MQMs pushed me over the 50,000 threshold.

Yesterday, between 3:00PM and 7:00PM (pacific), the miles posted to my account.

As of Sunday, 7:20AM, the status has not been changed.

Did the mileage posting miss the Saturday night sweep? Do I have to wait another week for my status to change?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by QueerEyeForDelta
Friday night I completed a flt at approx 7:30PM (pacific). The MQMs pushed me over the 50,000 threshold.

Yesterday, between 3:00PM and 7:00PM (pacific), the miles posted to my account.

As of Sunday, 7:20AM, the status has not been changed.

Did the mileage posting miss the Saturday night sweep? Do I have to wait another week for my status to change?
The weekly sweep was eliminated about a year ago. It should update 24/48 hrs after the miles post.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:03 pm
DLJ

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Gold Passport
Status Update and Exisiting Itineraries

Originally Posted by avidflyer
The weekly sweep was eliminated about a year ago. It should update 24/48 hrs after the miles post.
I'm reaching a higher Medallion status this coming week, and have not had this experience since back in the days when there was a weekly sweep and one had to then call and have SMS re-enter your SkyMiles number on pre-existing itineraries.

I note from this thread that the weekly sweep has been eliminated.

So my question is: Is it still necessary to call SMS and have them re-enter one's SkyMiles number on itineraries booked BEFORE the status change?

Thanks for your help!

DLJ

Delta 777-200LR LAX-SYD Trip Report (Y)
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by DLJ
I'm reaching a higher Medallion status this coming week, and have not had this experience since back in the days when there was a weekly sweep and one had to then call and have SMS re-enter your SkyMiles number on pre-existing itineraries.

I note from this thread that the weekly sweep has been eliminated.

So my question is: Is it still necessary to call SMS and have them re-enter one's SkyMiles number on itineraries booked BEFORE the status change?

Thanks for your help!

DLJ

Delta 777-200LR LAX-SYD Trip Report (Y)
I'm wondering the same thing-- I'm GM now, but an Int'l leg an as AS/DL codeshare next week will bump me from GM to PM on Thursday. The following Wednesday-Saturday I have a number of domestic legs and am wondering if I need to call in and have the number removed/re-entered, or if my new PM status would be recognized automatically.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Medallion status upgrade - in progress?

Bumping this old thread since it now applies to me and there is no definitive current answer in the thread. I hit 100 segs this past Sunday. The segs posted last night, but the system has not yet recognized me as Plat. I am now inside the 5-day window for 4 separate upgradeable segs on Fri-Sat-Sun, with enough FC seats showing available on at least 2 of those 4 segs that I -might- expect to get upgraded at the window as a Plat on at least 2 of the 4, even with FMC.

Questions for after my status updates:

(1) If enough V is available for my flights this Fri, Sat, Sun, will I be recognized as a Plat for UGs at the 3-day window (or whenever?), since we're already inside the 5-day window? I have two RJ900 segs on Saturday 14th that are both still (incredibly!) showing all 12 FC seats as selectable on the seat map. I guess it's -possible- that there are no DMs or PMs on either of these Saturday flights who would have been upgraded at the (now in the past) 5-day window.

(2) After my status updates, do I need to delete and re-add my SM # for these and the 6 other itineraries I already have on the books?

Hope somebody has the correct answers, or is it just "wait and see?" TIA.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
The segs posted last night, but the system has not yet recognized me as Plat.
Give it another day for the Plat status to be reflected.

No, no tricks are necessary to have the system recognize updated status in existing reservations. That defect was corrected years ago.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum; former CO Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
No, no tricks are necessary to have the system recognize updated status in existing reservations. That defect was corrected years ago.
That's good to hear. I hit Gold on the outgoing leg of a round trip earlier this week (and my new status kicked in yesterday). Checked in for the return leg this morning (DEN-ATL) and started at "5 out of 5" on the UG list; now I'm "6 out of 7." I suspected my place in the list was determined by my old status, but you say it's not. Are there really no FOs in the flight?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
My flight on Monday morning this week pushed me from PM to DM. Tuesday night my current status still showed PM, but also said Sky Club Member (new). It also showed a "future status" of DM. By Wednesday my current status was updated to DM. Thursday at 2:00am my flight for today (Friday) was upgraded, which is not the timing that it normally would have happened, so the changes must have caught up in the system and made it happen. As far as I can tell, everything is complete except receiving my card and tags.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Give it another day for the Plat status to be reflected.

Adding a data point and a question. I took my 30th segment last night. I noticed around midnight tonight (just shy of 24 hours from boarding that flight), the miles/segment posted AND my status had changed from Skymiles Member to Silver Medallion.

I was able to change my existing reservations to preferred seats and purchase discounted EC, but do not yet see upgrade requested or anything next to those flights.

Does this happen automatically or is there something I need to do to request upgrades for existing reservations?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Change in medallion status between flight segments on same one-way trip?

I am 1,035 MQMs from Gold (and have already met MQD criteria for gold). I am flying KBP-AMS-SEA next week and will hit Gold on the KBP-AMS leg as that flight is 1,137 miles. I'd sure like to get the 100% Gold bonus on the 4,887 mile AMS-SEA leg rather than the 25% Silver bonus. Any chance (1) it will happen automatically or (2) it could happen if I contacted Delta after the fact.

It seems to me status thresholds should be effective the moment they are crossed, and that computing power of the year 2014 should not make this a complicated process.

Last edited by andrewk829; Sep 19, 2014 at 7:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by andrewk829
I am 1,035 MQMs from Gold (and have already met MQD criteria for gold). I am flying KBP-AMS-SEA next week and will hit Gold on the KBP-AMS leg as that flight is 1,137 miles. I'd sure like to get the 100% Gold bonus on the 4,887 mile AMS-SEA leg rather than the 25% Silver bonus. Any chance (1) it will happen automatically or (2) it could happen if I contacted Delta after the fact.

It seems to me status thresholds should be effective the moment they are crossed, and that computing power of the year 2014 should not make this a complicated process.
Nope you don't get the bonus until you become GM. You don't become Gold per DL's rules until the day after you qualify for Gold. Which means the day after the miles/MQD are posted that qualify you. Thus anything flown before that day is only going to get Silver. It's not a computer issue, it's practical issue. If they gave you GM bonus, next you'd be demanding to have all GM benefits, and it's not practical to have one set of benefits for one portion of your flights, and a different set of benefits for the other connecting flights.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nope you don't get the bonus until you become GM. You don't become Gold per DL's rules until the day after you qualify for Gold. Which means the day after the miles/MQD are posted that qualify you. Thus anything flown before that day is only going to get Silver. It's not a computer issue, it's practical issue. If they gave you GM bonus, next you'd be demanding to have all GM benefits, and it's not practical to have one set of benefits for one portion of your flights, and a different set of benefits for the other connecting flights.
.....then in the next step someone will say that they became GM 42 miles into the flight and demand to move to an open EC seat then for a reduced fee or to use the lounge upon landing. It would be a big mess for DL and somewhat unfair to other passengers because, after all, that flight could be a ticket that doesn't earn (full) MQMs or MQDs for whatever reason.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta PM
Had very similar situation. Was FO flying PWM>DTW>LAS and technically became GM after landing in DTW. As mentioned above my miles posted next day for the initial leg and I received the 25% FO bonus. On the return LAS>ATL>PWM I was GM and received the full 100% bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.