Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2002, 6:33 pm

Apparently they dont always match. I sent in my AC Prestige documents for a Medallion match, and got a FOAD letter from Skymiles for my troubles.
Old May 31, 2002, 7:13 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
duckman: okay, I'm stumped. What are "AC Prestige" documents?

(GG explained FOAD to me.)

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old May 31, 2002, 7:38 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:

(GG explained FOAD to me.)

[/B]</font>
OK, I give...what is FOAD?
Old May 31, 2002, 7:42 pm

I bought a DL ticket last week. I was using a DL $$ voucher and had to go to a ticket office to redeem it. While there, I was asked if I was elite on another airline. I said yes and showed my AA plat card. The agent just typed something into the computer and told me that I was now gold on DL.
Old May 31, 2002, 7:50 pm

Futz Off And Die...

Freely Offer Another Destination?

Frankly Our Analysis Declines?

Five Other Airlines Differ?

Fooled Ordinary Aviation Devotees?

Fliers Often Appreciate Dinner?

Fueled Only Ante Departure?

Fog Over ATL Deliberations?

Nah, I like the first one best....

------------------
Delta Flyers' Guide

[edited for obvious additional digs]

[This message has been edited by LexPassenger (edited 05-31-2002).]
Old Jun 1, 2002, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnep1:
I bought a DL ticket last week. I was using a DL $$ voucher and had to go to a ticket office to redeem it. While there, I was asked if I was elite on another airline. I said yes and showed my AA plat card. The agent just typed something into the computer and told me that I was now gold on DL.</font>
My take on DL's actions like this show that there is hope for the future as far as further 'enhancements' to the program are concerned. For those of us not trapped within CVG and ATL, DL marketing has clearly noticed a definite drop-off in elite member flying as of late - and has no doubt concluded that their 'improvements' introduced over the last two years might have something to do with the flight of former FF pax not forced to fly DL.

In response to these loses, their continuing show of give-aways in the form of extra miles and easy tier matches indicates they feel they can find new blood to replace the old. I find it hard to believe that many UA & AA elite based outside of DL hubs once they have been introduced to SGB and LUser are going to find anything in DL's elite program that would induce a substantial switch of business.

[This message has been edited by CoMooter (edited 06-01-2002).]
Old Jun 1, 2002, 12:00 pm
GG

We are seeing more and more examples of airlines trying to poach other airlines' elite flyers - LexPax's cigarette company analogy. He and I both recently received mailings from Northwest with temporary Silver Elite cards enclosed - we surely got those based on Delta status.

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide site
Old Jun 1, 2002, 3:03 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tomphot:
OK, I give...what is FOAD?</font>
Flying Orchids Are Departing.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
My 2 cents on the status matching is that it rarely works. Continental comped me Silver and I used it once, I got the NW comp but tossed it and United comped me Premier Executive (now that DL doesn't fly LAX/SFO route) and I use them for select, short hauls only.

In the end, I don't get automatic upgrades, and what am I going to do with 10,000 miles on another carrier when I have 500,000+ on DL?

I did, however, bite at Hyatt last year when they offered me Diamond status, but I'm running into the same issue of not having enough miles to matter in their program.

Old Jun 1, 2002, 8:06 pm

CKDGM: Frequently Our Acronyms Delight! Thanks!

------------------
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Jun 2, 2002, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GG:
We are seeing more and more examples of airlines trying to poach other airlines' elite flyers - LexPax's cigarette company analogy. He and I both recently received mailings from Northwest with temporary Silver Elite cards enclosed - we surely got those based on Delta status.

</font>
I got one of those, too. I think they referenced (of all things) my HHonors account, which is the Everyman Silver (or whatever) HHonors level.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
CKDGM: Frequently Our Acronyms Delight! Thanks!</font>
My Entry: Fly Other Airlines, Dummy.

Regards,

O/H

Old Jun 3, 2002, 12:05 am
LLZ

I've heard enough horror stories and know that Medallion doesn't mean c%$p so don't worry about me signing up. Delta used to be a wonderful airline too....sad.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 12:25 am

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Speaking of matching elite status, I just received a letter from DL which pretty much said "We missed ya, since you missed FO by 5K miles last year." (I made up that last part). However, for only $275 and only 3 segments between 06/01 and 07/15/2002, you can regain that FO status good through February 2003.

Thanks, but...no thanks.

Jamester
Old Jun 4, 2002, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Don't forget the current (through 6/30/02)Amex MR/Skymiles promo where to you obtain either FO or GM status by transferring large amounts of MR points to DL. It seems that they are aware of the erosion of their "most loyal and faithful", but are either too arrogant or stubborn to admit that they have a flawed business model with their "new and improved" Skymiles program.

History has a simple rule, it repeats itself when it comes down to errors in judgement. Both Napoleon & Hitler made the same error of invading Russia and fighting a Winter campaign. Dl is not the first major corporation that has lost touch with it's customer base. Look what happened to the American auto industry when the Japanese invasion of better made and lower priced cars hit the USA years ago. It takes a great deal of courage to publicly admit that you have made a mistake and reverse course.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 12:44 pm

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
It takes a great deal of courage to publicly admit that you have made a mistake and reverse course. </font>
And Leo is not that brave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.