Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Angry Disappearing Statusmatch

After flying with American for 20 years and consistently Platinum I decided to apply to Delta for a status match because of more favorable routing from my home city to Europe.

Two online applications on the Delta website have apparently disappeared into the clear ether, and no one I can reach in the SkyMiles program seems to have a clue who to contact about it.

They are all very sorry for my trouble of course.

If anyone has a phone number for whatever Yahoo Department processes status match applications, I would greatly appreciate having it so I can inquire.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Applied for a match two weeks ago, havent't heard anything.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Snowslider
After flying with American for 20 years and consistently Platinum I decided to apply to Delta for a status match because of more favorable routing from my home city to Europe.

Two online applications on the Delta website have apparently disappeared into the clear ether, and no one I can reach in the SkyMiles program seems to have a clue who to contact about it.

They are all very sorry for my trouble of course.

If anyone has a phone number for whatever Yahoo Department processes status match applications, I would greatly appreciate having it so I can inquire.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Applied for a match two weeks ago, havent't heard anything.
Twitter is the answer.

My spouse applied for a status match challenge on 9/8, and we waited the suggested 14 business days and still hadn't heard anything.

Yesterday, I contacted @Delta on twitter to inquire on the status (ha) of the status match. Within 5 minutes my spouse had the status challenge enrollment notification email. Today her reservations now show her as a Silver Medallion.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by yaychemistry
Twitter is the answer.

My spouse applied for a status match challenge on 9/8, and we waited the suggested 14 business days and still hadn't heard anything.

Yesterday, I contacted @Delta on twitter to inquire on the status (ha) of the status match. Within 5 minutes my spouse had the status challenge enrollment notification email. Today her reservations now show her as a Silver Medallion.
Thanks for the suggestion. After inquiring via Twitter my status match request was expedited and approved in a few hours.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:06 pm

Just an FYI, I applied for a status challenge on 9/16 but also waited the 14 business days and heard nothing. I went to twitter today, and after a few hours was able to get the status match processed. Seems like 3 weeks is the minimum amount of time for a status challenge to process. I asked before the 14 days were up and twitter just said keep waiting.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you for the twitter tip! I contacted them at 5pm EST and about 2pm today my account was set to Plat for 90 days.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AirD0c
I'm considering doing a gold challenge (currently AA plat). I have a couple upcoming SPG stays as well and curious if I'll be eligible for crossover benefits during the status challenge. Could not find any definitive answer regarding this.
In case anyone is curious, the answer is yes. I'm getting Delta miles for SPG stays during my status match.

Last edited by AirD0c; Oct 20, 2016 at 7:11 pm
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:20 am

Hi everyone,

I signed up for a Delta status match (from AA) but the request has not processed in time and I'm traveling a lot this weekend (>5K miles) . I've called CS to see if they can expedite the processing, but they haven't been able to help. It's sort of frustrating because I'm going to be traveling a lot for business in 2017 and was thinking of switching mainly to DL... if I had status. So I think it would be beneficially from all parties. And I'm not traveling on Delta much for the rest of the year, so if the request is processed after this weekend, I've just wasted my registration for a status match (I believe you're limited to once every 3 years.)

Anyway, I was wondering if any pros out there had any tips for a phone number/ department / online chat or any ideas about someone who might actually be able to accomplish this for me. I have proof of AA status (PDF) and can email it immediately.

Any & all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
C
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cmr1
Anyway, I was wondering if any pros out there had any tips for a phone number/ department / online chat or any ideas about someone who might actually be able to accomplish this for me. I have proof of AA status (PDF) and can email it immediately.
Welcome to FT!

See upthread -- people seem to have had good results contacting @Delta on Twitter (you can DM them)

(also posting the same thing to multiple threads is mildly frowned upon )
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Welcome to FT!

See upthread -- people seem to have had good results contacting @Delta on Twitter (you can DM them)

OT but more than mildly.....it violates the FT TOS (Terms of Service).
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT but more than mildly.....it violates the FT TOS (Terms of Service).
True, but I meant "mildly" in the sense that it's not huge as transgressions go and I don't know if it's stringently enforced.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:38 am

Welcome to FT!

I was in a similar situation to cmr1 and had horrible results via Twitter. I was never successful in getting the match before my trip, though Delta agreed to credit the flights I'd taken after submitting the status match request to the challenge.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:01 am

Sorry for breaking the rules :/ (I'd delete the other one if I knew how..) & thanks for your responses!
I actually did contact them on twitter and they basically told me I just have to wait ~2 weeks before they really start to care about my situation (paraphrasing).
Hmm I guess I'll just try calling their CS again if/when I actually do get approved and ask them to retroactively count my trips from this weekend.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Welcome to FT!

I asked DL today via Twitter if I could set my upcoming date, because I'm not about to buy tickets until the match is cleared, but I'm also not thrilled about wasting five weeks of match time (now until 11/27) to submit my match from AA EXP today. Answer was a "your match starts when we approve it."

I have 5 four-segment RTs between the end of Thanksgiving weekend and the end of 2016. The main thing I'm worried about was that I once got a MQM bonus from AMEX for a Membership Rewards transfer, and I don't want to go buy 5 tickets and then find out that they are going to either deny the match or sit on it until I've already flown some of them.

I can get all 25 segments done by 1/31 without any runs, but only if there are no snowstorms which cause trips in vain and keep me home.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:28 pm

please help - on the challenge form it has a required field "company" after the skymiles number field... are they asking me for my employer?

there is no explanation but it is a required field, and my skymiles account has no company associated with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.