Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: US Gold | DL Gold
Originally Posted by vatali
I ran out of flights (no more work travel for the next few weeks) on the plat challenge. I ended up flying 8 flights, for 4k miles, but was given gold status through Jan, 2016.

I thought for sure the quals said I need 8 for silver, 16 for gold, but I got the silver email at 4 flights and gold at 8 flights (all nonstop).

anywho, since my EXP will lapse this year I could either be plat on AA or gold on delta. Unsure who to target my travels with next year yet.
I also got the You've Earned Silver email after flying just 4 segments. I think another poster reported the same thing recently.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I know this probably isn't the right thread, but can you same day change with DL status to add a segment? I'm currently in a status challenge.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i submitted my UA creds for the challenge on Friday but didn't receive any notice of document receipt or confirmation. i guess i should not expect to receive one until the challenge is processed and begins?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just FYI to interested parties - I submitted for a match from UA on 10/6 and it just was processed effective 10/20 - so looking like a 2 week lag at the moment.

I read and tried to do a search, but couldn't figure out if the current Seattle DEQM promotion will count toward the MQM requirements for the challenge, or if I should assume that only base miles count - if anyone knows for sure, it'd be great if you could share.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jra3
Just FYI to interested parties - I submitted for a match from UA on 10/6 and it just was processed effective 10/20 - so looking like a 2 week lag at the moment.

I read and tried to do a search, but couldn't figure out if the current Seattle DEQM promotion will count toward the MQM requirements for the challenge, or if I should assume that only base miles count - if anyone knows for sure, it'd be great if you could share.
There's is no current Double MQM promotion open for new tickets unless you are a Washington state resident. There was a previous promo that was open to all, but you had to book your tickets before 12/31/13 in order to qualify for double MQM's.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
the two week lag is also indicative of what i experienced recently. i submitted on 9/25 and my match was made effective on 10/10.

5200 miles down, 13K to go, will make it very easily.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
A couple of questions:

(1) Has anyone been rejected who did a NW status match prior to the merger?

(2) Has anyone been able to get credit for DL flights taken after you submit the status match request via internet form but before you get the confirm email? I only have a few days to spare.

(3) I presume international business class will earn 150% MQM towards the challenge?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I got a Gold challenge from my CX Gold (which I got from Amex Plat, and have not had any flights credited to yet). Just in time for my South Korea trip with the Delta fares!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
(3) I presume international business class will earn 150% MQM towards the challenge?
Sorry, can only answer #3 for you, but yes, the 50% class of service bonus counts.

And as a general FYI, it does appear that the 2014 Double MQM promo out of Seattle for WA state residents counts as well.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Hi everybody!

I have Alaska MVP Gold and would like to request a challenge to Delta Gold. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with:

1. I have no activity whatsoever in my Alaska account. Will that be a problem?

2. Will I receive the 100% bonus miles during the 90 days challenge period?

Best,
petzpanz
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by petzpanz
Hi everybody!

I have Alaska MVP Gold and would like to request a challenge to Delta Gold. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with:

1. I have no activity whatsoever in my Alaska account. Will that be a problem?

2. Will I receive the 100% bonus miles during the 90 days challenge period?

Best,
petzpanz
One more question actually: is it sufficient for the challenge period flights to be Delta operated or do they need to be Delta ticketed as well?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Unfortunately the SM center took too long to process my challenge - basically useless to me now. For the record: Submitted Oct 21, Granted Nov 7. Submitted UA 1K, granted Plat Medallion thru Jan 31. It does not appear that my prior match to NWA was a factor.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by TheEmirate
It has to be a Delta marketed and operated flight (includes Delta connection flights(. For example look for DL at the start of the flight number and the plane has to be Delta metal or a Delta connection metal.
So has to be both marketed AND operated? Much like the US challenge I guess.
Have a number of flights on KLM coming up that have DL flight numbers.
Those definitely will not count?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by anandrag
So has to be both marketed AND operated? Much like the US challenge I guess.
Have a number of flights on KLM coming up that have DL flight numbers.
Those definitely will not count?
From dl.com:

In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®. The number of MQMs or MQSs required is based on your matched Medallion level.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html

Looks like your KL flights will not apply towards the match.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
DL Status Match Thread Wiki

All,

I've set up a wiki to hopefully answer some questions related to DL's Status Match Challenge Program.

Feel free to update as needed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.