Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Best Coach Seats A330 - 200 (Asia)

i've searched on here and checked on seatguru.com for this one, so please don't chastise!! i've never been on the 332 and am wondering your opinions on the best (sigh) COACH seat. (it's a honeymoon trip, but the fun doesn't start until we actually arrive, I guess)

seatguru indicates only 4 "good" coach seats (38C,38G, 39C, 39G) but generally i really don't like sitting toward the back. also i've *heard* that there's better pitch in the front section of coach, but can't find in writing anywhere. also, when arriving at BKK, sitting way in the back seems like it might extend our wait getting off plane & through customs. true? or does luggage delay take up time anyway?

i really want to be sure i'm picking the best possible location.... i thought i got a good seat HNL-MSP last fall, only to find that my bulkhead seat subjected me to vibrations everytime someone flushed the commode on the other side of the wall. you would be amazed at the amount of use it got!

in addition - if anyone has any additional thoughts on 744 coach seating, feel free to let me know.

thanks! ~curl
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:59 pm
RKG

Originally Posted by curl
i've searched on here and checked on seatguru.com for this one, so please don't chastise!! i've never been on the 332 and am wondering your opinions on the best (sigh) COACH seat. (it's a honeymoon trip, but the fun doesn't start until we actually arrive, I guess)

seatguru indicates only 4 "good" coach seats (38C,38G, 39C, 39G) but generally i really don't like sitting toward the back. also i've *heard* that there's better pitch in the front section of coach, but can't find in writing anywhere. also, when arriving at BKK, sitting way in the back seems like it might extend our wait getting off plane & through customs. true? or does luggage delay take up time anyway?

i really want to be sure i'm picking the best possible location.... i thought i got a good seat HNL-MSP last fall, only to find that my bulkhead seat subjected me to vibrations everytime someone flushed the commode on the other side of the wall. you would be amazed at the amount of use it got!

in addition - if anyone has any additional thoughts on 744 coach seating, feel free to let me know.

thanks! ~curl
When I must ride in coach on the A330-200, I prefer either row 10, window or aisle on either side, or 11C and 11G. These two seats do not have a seat in front of them. You are able to stretch out your legs. The first 10 rows in coach also have electric power for laptops, iPods or whatever.

-RKG
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:08 pm

Programs: NWA Silver
I sat in row 10 on a recent trip and it worked out great. If you are traveling in pairs, try and secure row 10 on either side. 10AB allows for a quick exit. 11C + 11G are not too bad either as the previous reply stated. C + G seats are set up so the seat is in direct line(aisle) coming out of the front cabin. Carts coming from the front must make a slight turn to miss your seat. Plenty of room to stretch your legs. On this particular flight, 11C kept getting bumped from the carts, she moved to 11D for her sleep. IFE screens in row 10 slide up from under your armrest and do not get in the way in the down position. Plug-ins seemed to be working but I did not use them. Enjoy your flight!!!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
Immigration in BKK is slower than ever since they changed their immigration procedures and have started taking a photo of each person. Don't sit in the back of the plane if you can possibly help it. I was in BKK over the weekend and although I was the first person off the plane, there were about 20 people waiting in line from other flights and it took almost an hour to get thru. Leaving BKK the lines were also long.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: NW Plat, CO Plat
Originally Posted by curl

thanks! ~curl
IMHO - If you can snag them, seats on exit row 35 are definetely the best ones on NW 744. Tons of leg rooms and space, only 2 seats, so ideal for a couple travelling together!

If you can't get them, the window seat on row 36 has some extra leg room since exit row 35 has only 2 seats but one of you would end up in the middle seat.

Seatguru is also reporting that the pairs of seats in the back are nice for couples, but I never tried them.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:14 pm

Seat selection help - A330-200

Row 10, 11 or 29?? Which offers more leg room.
Seatguru.com map and the NWA.com seat map differ somewhat for row 10.
NWA shows a 10 C & G, but seatguru shows 10 D & F.
This configuration will either place a seat in front of 11 D & F or 11 C & G, depending on which map is correct.
I'm familair w/29, had that last night from SEA to NRT...trying to get something better for the trip back.

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:43 pm

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
I tried 10A, 11G, 29A and 29J in my previous four 332 flights. Here is my preference.

1. 29A or 29J. Reason: Unlimited legroom,window view, no exit bulge problem 29B and 29H are also great but window view is a little worse than 29A or 29J.

2. 11C or 11G. Reason: Unlimited legroom. Downside:no window view; you have to move if your seatmate wants to get out.

3. Row 10. Reason: some more legroom but defnitely not unlimited; misplaced window
Old Sep 18, 2005, 9:56 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Further comments . . .

Originally Posted by UA vs NW
I tried 10A, 11G, 29A and 29J in my previous four 332 flights. Here is my preference.

1. 29A or 29J. Reason: Unlimited legroom,window view, no exit bulge problem 29B and 29H are also great but window view is a little worse than 29A or 29J.

2. 11C or 11G. Reason: Unlimited legroom. Downside:no window view; you have to move if your seatmate wants to get out.

3. Row 10. Reason: some more legroom but defnitely not unlimited; misplaced window

The seat chart on NWA.com for the 332 is physically correct. It does seem curious however, that the indicated seats 10C and 10G are positioned such that they should really be called 10D and 10F (according to the seats they line up with).

I haven't been seated in row 29 yet. One point to consider however is there is no electricity at the seats in the rear cabin, so if you are bringing a PC or other appliance you wish to use on a long haul flight . . . go for the front coach cabin.

Seats 11C and 11G should be great for legroom, but keep in mind you are likely to get bumped in that position, although traffic should be light there.

Seats 10A/B and 10H/J are pretty good on legroom, but not unlimited. As far as the window issue goes, row 10 is missing one window position (ductwork?) immediately next to the window seats. You do have a window in the forward position, but definitely need to lean forward to look out.

One other point to keep in mind on the 330s: one caveat of the AVOD entertainment system is the loss of underseat storage sace. It seems to alternate. One seat will have a module that narrows the storage space, while the seat next door will have full width storage, but not be nearly as deep.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 9:09 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, NWA Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA, UAL, USAir, etc.
The Best Answer

All of you will enjoy www.seatguru.com to answer all of these questions. Enjoy.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by mjharad
All of you will enjoy www.seatguru.com to answer all of these questions. Enjoy.
mjharad - Did you read my initial post or just assume I didn't consult seatguru??
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ned69
mjharad - Did you read my initial post or just assume I didn't consult seatguru??
i agree, seatguru offers little help with respect to nw 330s
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Arrow I don't like 332's coach seats

This topic has been discussed in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466064

@:-) @:-) @:-)
Old Dec 27, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Non-Elite A330-200 Seating Question

Guys, a friend of mine is flying DTW>PDX>NRT>SIN and back... The PDX>NRT>SIN part is a A330-200. He is wondering where the best seat for a non elite is... He could either take a non-aisle with video equipment under the seat in the front cabin and have a power port, or sit in the next cabin back on the aisle with no power port... Any seat suggestions for him??
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Not knowing everything that might be important to him, I'd suggest spending a few minutes on seatguru.com
Old Dec 28, 2005, 4:38 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Sorry, reading that I realize it was kind of vauge...

He has a laptop, and he is wondering if it is worth sitting in a non aisle w/ the entertainment equipment under his feet (would be a window seat). Or is he better sitting farther back on an aisle w/o power. Does the underseat equipment really cramp you? I know this is probably just a judgement call for him, but was wondering if any of you more seasoned flyers had a seating suggestion for him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.