Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.

I have grabbed 1A and it appears to be one of the best seat...

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I just scoped out the A330-200 on three flights this past week. In my opinion, by far the best WBC seats are in rows 1-4: first to be served, less foot traffic, less noise from coach. The galley between rows 4 and 5 is used for coach and business, so there is a lot more FA traffic for rows 5 and 6.

The 332 is a beautiful ship, but I think the split of WBC into two cabins was a mistake. Also, there is little to separate row 6 (WBC) from row 10 (coach). In defense of NWA, there was probably not any other option because of the positions of the aircraft doors. Interestingly, every WBC seat was filled on the A332s (as was the 744 from NRT-DTW today)!

Best coach seats have to be: anything in row 10 (bulkhead), 11C and 11G (no seat in front of you), and anything in row 29 (bulkhead). Most foot room in seats 11C, 11G, 29A, 29B, 29H, and 29J.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, KLM Gold, HHilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle
1B was pretty nice

I just finished SFO-NRT in 1B and was very pleased. This was my first flight on the 332 and was very impressed with this plane, a very nice improvement over the DC-10. (Sorry all you three hole fans)

I agree that the front cabin is the place to be. I think any of the seats in the first 4 rows are excellent. The cabin is quite, and about the only thing I didn't like was that the lav was right behind the cockpit, across from the crew rest, and you were always in the way of the FAs. I was asked 3-4 times to wait in my seat because there was no room for them to move while someone was waiting for the lav. I could tell this was a point of tension for the FAs.

Looking forward to my next flight on a NW 332.

NGO-NWA
Old Nov 16, 2004, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat
fed planner:

You reported from your recent 332 trip "... Outbound had 3 or 4 seats empty, return looked full..."

Were you speaking about just the WBC cabin here, or the entire airplane ? (Just curious ).
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
That was in WBC. Never made it further back to check on coach.

I flew out on the 8th and it was the third trip for that plane. While new, it just didn't have that new plane feel. There was even a wall panel at the floor next to 2A that was loose.

But, still, it was a good experience. I just wish that there were better connection times in SEA. The six hour layover is crazy.

fp
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Set chart now up on seatguru

As stated above
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:57 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by terenz
As stated above
Woohoo!

...as stated by Homer Simpson.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
NRT-BKK question

I have a NRT-BKK round trip coming up in Aprril with my Fiance. RIght now we have 1c/g for each of legs. I like for both of us to be able to easily get out of our seat if we need to. My question is that can anyone report on how easy it is to get out of 1a if the person in 1b is reclined and sleeping?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, KLM Gold, HHilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle
I have a NRT-BKK round trip coming up in Aprril with my Fiance. RIght now we have 1c/g for each of legs. I like for both of us to be able to easily get out of our seat if we need to. My question is that can anyone report on how easy it is to get out of 1a if the person in 1b is reclined and sleeping?

Thanks for your help
puck021,

I have flown in 1b and the guy next to me had no problem getting up and over me. Since you have the bulk head in front, it makes it much easier to get out then if someone in front of you is reclined. Enjoy the fight the A332 is a great plane. I actually have a NRT-SFO-NRT flight coming up on Monday and am looking forward to it.

NGO-NWA
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I took the bulkhead starboard seats for both flights. Was good as there was no one in front of you. Egress was easy enough with the next seat in full recline. Bonus was that the lav was to the rear so no going through the galley.

Also, you're set back farther than the port bulkhead seat pair so less potential for galley light and noise.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:48 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I just switched to 1 h/j for the NRT-BKK leg. I have 73 a/b for the MSP-NRT leg.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
best WBC seat - Airbus 330-200

Seat guru says 1a, 1 c, 1G are good, and the rest of row 1 is "green/yellow" because of light from the galley. On the A 330-300, only 1 A is "green" The rest of the seats are "standard" World Business Class. I usually picked 2 B, but just switched to 1 A based on this info, plus thought taking a look out of th window would be interesting from NRT to PEK. Any thoughts while the seat options are still pretty open?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by remedy
plus thought taking a look out of th window would be interesting from NRT to PEK. Any thoughts while the seat options are still pretty open?
You won't be able to see the Great Wall or Forbidden City because it will be 9:30 pm when NRT-PEK flight lands in Beijing

I would take a window seat for the PEK-NRT return.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
1AB are very good seats on the A332. I think they are the best in the front cabin. I don't think there's a difference between the A and B seats. But 5AB and the other window side of 5 is not so bad. You don't have anyone reclining into you just like row1, but if you are on the aisle, then you run the risk of getting the cart knocked into your seat when the FAs go back to the coach sections. The galley at doors 2 are for coach. But as seatguru.com says you have 3 windows, but the middle one is blocked out. So you have 1 window right next to you, and one that's really far from you.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by NW-A332
1AB are very good seats on the A332. I think they are the best in the front cabin. I don't think there's a difference between the A and B seats. But 5AB and the other window side of 5 is not so bad. You don't have anyone reclining into you just like row1, but if you are on the aisle, then you run the risk of getting the cart knocked into your seat when the FAs go back to the coach sections. The galley at doors 2 are for coach. But as seatguru.com says you have 3 windows, but the middle one is blocked out. So you have 1 window right next to you, and one that's really far from you.
I never considered - or even noticed - the row 5 seats on the seat mapper. Seatguru ranks these as a "standard World Business Class Seat." There is also a comment that "some complain that noise from the galley can be bothersome." If that is not really true, you might consider sending them a note. What is funny is that row 6 is slammed because "some complain that noise from Coach C can be bothersome." Those peons!

Anyway, I think I will keep 1 A, so that I get served first! And the window seat, even though it will be dark by the time I get to PEK. Maybe the view of Japan and the coasts will be cool.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by remedy
I never considered - or even noticed - the row 5 seats on the seat mapper. Seatguru ranks these as a "standard World Business Class Seat." There is also a comment that "some complain that noise from the galley can be bothersome." If that is not really true, you might consider sending them a note. What is funny is that row 6 is slammed because "some complain that noise from Coach C can be bothersome." Those peons!

Anyway, I think I will keep 1 A, so that I get served first! And the window seat, even though it will be dark by the time I get to PEK. Maybe the view of Japan and the coasts will be cool.
I asked this question awhile back, but without search it is tough to find. The comment that I got was that the H/J side starts farther back than the A/B side thus minimizing the light issue, a bunch of people suggested that 1H is the best seat.

Also, from my experience, they do not always start serving of taking orders from 1A back, sometimes they start on the other side or do both sides at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.