Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Agremeister
and because US airlines insist on using tissue paper curtains between classes all the light/sound from Economy spills into it.
people often say things like this but I don't get it.

I mean, yes, I get that J is nice and feels exclusive, and I try to avoid flying Y whenever I can But I'd be curious to see a scientific comparison of the average lux and decibel level by cabin. It's not as if F/J have nice subdued lighting but Y is filled with prison yard spotlights. Similarly I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in sound levels, pretty much just the same dull background white noise everywhere.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak

I mean, yes, I get that J is nice and feels exclusive, and I try to avoid flying Y whenever I can But I'd be curious to see a scientific comparison of the average lux and decibel level by cabin. It's not as if F/J have nice subdued lighting but Y is filled with prison yard spotlights. Similarly I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in sound levels, pretty much just the same dull background white noise everywhere.
I agree with this 99%. The 1% disagreement is when you fly upper deck on 747! Definitely a difference in noise
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Zorak

Mostly agree - I'm not bothered to any significant extent by being toward the rear of a premium cabin. But I'm also just generally not that sensitive to small variations in light and sound, either.

However, I do think that the noise in coach is marginally higher just due to the increased density of people and increased likelihood of companions/families travelling together in Y (whereas I get the sense there is a larger proportion of solo pax in J). More people with more likelihood to talk to each other lends itself to an ever-so-slightly louder cabin "murmur."

On evening flights, I have also noticed that cabin lights in F/J turn off earlier and stay off longer, perhaps because servicing fewer pax in the front cabin takes less time. But certainly there are times I've been in Y with full cabin lights on and notice that F/J is already dimmed.

All that being said, one chatty couple in int'l J or a seatmate in domestic F using their reading light is going to be far more of a disturbance than whatever's happening behind the curtain. Nothing wrong with people talking or using their reading lights, just pointing out that being in F/J doesn't guarantee isolation from such things.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin
I flew 22J two years ago and remember it being pretty good. No slide protrusion, tons of space, and not nearly as cold as the exit row on the 764. I don't recall any issues with the seat padding, and people waiting for the lav wasn't a problem for me.

I don't think there is AC power in this row, if that matters.
Should I move to the exit row? My main concerns would be proximity to lav, restricted legroom due to bulkhead(which shouldn't be an issue in the exity row), and no AC power.

Does anyone know if there is AC power in row 22 and what the IFE setup is like?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew in Row 22 a couple years ago to HKG and back. There is no power, the IFE is stowed in your armrest and you flip the screen out. The proximity to the lav didn't bother me. I'd absolutely sit there over a regular Y seat.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
A330-200 Best Seats for Couple in J?

I may have missed this is search but we'll be flying an A330-200 from Seattle to Paris.

Can passengers in the middle section of J talk to each other easily or is it best just to both grab the window/single seats?
Old May 3, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
I may have missed this is search but we'll be flying an A330-200 from Seattle to Paris.

Can passengers in the middle section of J talk to each other easily or is it best just to both grab the window/single seats?
Yes, the middle pairs in J can talk to each other and are definitely what I'd recommend if you are traveling with someone. You have to lean forward a little bit but it's not a problem and you don't have to contort yourself in a weird way or anything.

If you choose window seats, don't plan on interacting unless one of you gets up and stands in the aisle.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:29 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
What are opinions on 2A/2J? I've flown a few seats back before but I'm wondering if the bulkheads will be nice and private since I won't really be looking at anybody else.

Is the footwell the same size? What is the service order for these seats? Any problems with noise/light from upfront?

Thanks for the input!
Old May 19, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew in Row 22 a couple years ago to HKG and back. There is no power, the IFE is stowed in your armrest and you flip the screen out. The proximity to the lav didn't bother me. I'd absolutely sit there over a regular Y seat.
I highly doubt that there was no ISP in Row 22. It would have been below the seat cushions between the seats. I will try to check that on my upcoming trip to HKG, even though I am in Row 10 currently, hoping for a GUC to clear!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: DL
best economy seats on Delta A330-200?

We'll be flying coach Delta SLC-AMS, what are the best economy seats that I can reserve for free at the time of booking? I've heard EC only gives you a few more inches in length, but no add'l width? I have Silver, but husband has no status. Debating whether row 20 is preferable over row 23? I've checked seatguru, is the chart correct/reliable now?
Are there still AVOD equipment boxes under certain seats, we really disliked these on the 767's

We'll probably spend the day in AMS before continuing to our destination on KLM, how much time would be needed just to take the train into the city and back? Luggage can be checked through, I assume?
Thanks!

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Jul 17, 2017 at 6:02 pm Reason: Merged into the master thread on this subject
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Comfort+ does not give you extra width but does have some additional recline. I find it makes a difference in my ability to sleep. I don't have to pay extra for it so it's an easy decision for me.

Yes, luggage can be checked through. There are also lockers where you can leave carry on bags if you go into the city.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Jul 17, 2017 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
What aircraft?
This will be in 2018, so Delta could always switch the plane, but right now it looks to be a A330-200. Thought I mentioned it in the headline, but I'm not an experienced poster, sorry! Thanks for your response.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by altabello
This will be in 2018, so Delta could always switch the plane, but right now it looks to be a A330-200. Thought I mentioned it in the headline, but I'm not an experienced poster, sorry! Thanks for your response.
You did mention it in headline; I just missed that, then redid my post.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by altabello
We'll be flying coach Delta SLC-AMS, what are the best economy seats that I can reserve for free at the time of booking? I've heard EC only gives you a few more inches in length, but no add'l width? I have Silver, but husband has no status. Debating whether row 20 is preferable over row 23? I've checked seatguru, is the chart correct/reliable now?
Are there still AVOD equipment boxes under certain seats, we really disliked these on the 767's

We'll probably spend the day in AMS before continuing to our destination on KLM, how much time would be needed just to take the train into the city and back? Luggage can be checked through, I assume?
Thanks!
If you and your husband are on the same PNR (reservation #) you both can select preferred seats. The only preferred seats that are better than regular Y seats would be the exit row 22. Keep in mind that this route is still the old way for C+ meaning you can self select any C+ seat that is available for free at T-24 hours out. Now there may not be any non middle C+ seats left by T-24 but it's worth it to check.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:15 pm

If I look at seatguru, DL56 & DL57 show up as a A330-300 under the respective KLM flight number, not as a A330-200. I would have the same question as to the best economy seats, so I'm ready to pick when booking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.