Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Silver Meteor
The most "interesting" was about 25 years ago, I was on a pay phone, (remember those???) at the Las Vegas airport. Who comes walking by, but Richard Simmons, dressed like you always saw him on TV, and acting just like you always saw him on TV. Trust me, the whole airport knew he was walking through. Too funny.
I had a similar experience about six years ago. First, I noticed Richard ahead of me in the security queue at ROC, and then we happened to be on the same flight to DTW. During boarding, he referred to the CRJ as a "princess plane." As you say, he was tough to miss.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by rubesl
(I could care less about DD).
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
Enough to post it on FT
It's because they care more than they could. If they couldn't care less, they wouldn't have posted.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Brian Wilson

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys on DL 1946 on Sunday. He was headed to MCO for a show last night.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ctbjr1309
Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys on DL 1946 on Sunday. He was headed to MCO for a show last night.
Had a family friend at Brian Wilson's show in Orlando last night.

Back in 2011, I was taking a course for work and the instructor said he lived next door to "Brian Wilson" when he was growing up. Since this was right after the 2010 World Series, I thought he meant the relief pitcher for the San Francisco Giants (at the time) who was outstanding in the Woeld Series, not the singer from The Beach Boys.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Dr. J on DL 1942 today EWR-ATL
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Louie Anderson on this morning's DL4874 SEA-EUG. Boarded late, seemed kind of familiar but didn't piece it together until after the flight waiting on the jet bridge for bags. Very warm and friendly, especially towards the entire flight crew from start to finish.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Has anyone ever seen Bianca del Rio on a flight? He's the winner of Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race and a Delta DM.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
Has anyone ever seen Bianca del Rio on a flight? He's the winner of Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race and a Delta DM.
Not yet, but I've flown with a few of the other queens. I always seem to bump into Willam, including SYD>LAX and the KLM Crown Club in AMS.

Also, being based in PIT, have done the same with Sharon Needles. She lives in me neighborhood, so that's a more regular sighting, I guess. Kind of neat.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
I unknowingly was in the MIA SkyClub at the same time as Detox and Manila Luzon (found out from another patron, didn't recognize either out of drag) a few weeks ago. They were in the workstation area and were being like absurdly loud/on FaceTime/talking seriously inappropriately to the point I literally couldn't get work done on my laptop with headphones on and had to get an agent to shut it down. They weren't very happy lol. It's the only time I've ever gone to an agent to complain about another patron.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by sky303
I unknowingly was in the MIA SkyClub at the same time as Detox and Manila Luzon (found out from another patron, didn't recognize either out of drag) a few weeks ago. They were in the workstation area and were being like absurdly loud/on FaceTime/talking seriously inappropriately to the point I literally couldn't get work done on my laptop with headphones on and had to get an agent to shut it down. They weren't very happy lol. It's the only time I've ever gone to an agent to complain about another patron.
How else are small-time "celebrities" supposed to call attention to themselves?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Yesterday, LAX-ATL, 2 rows behind me, Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise....
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Yesterday, LAX-ATL, 2 rows behind me, Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise....
All thrse celebrities taking away elites rightful FC upgrades LAX/ATL.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
All thrse celebrities taking away elites rightful FC upgrades LAX/ATL.
^ had Paula Deen & Co. stole mine last year ATL-LAX...

Surprised I made a last minute UG yesterday, was 4/3 seats before leaving for the airport using an RUC...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Jason Patric (Lost Boys, amongst others).
JFK-SFO in D1
He was kind enough to swap seats with me.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
How else are small-time "celebrities" supposed to call attention to themselves?
What a shame, the MIA SC is a great out-station SC. Probably one of my favorites. There are three seats near the stairs and the hallway to the restrooms that are usually empty. Its a great little hiding spot to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.