Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old May 26, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by dLo GSR
Also sat behind Russell Wilson and Ciara from LAS to LAX last summer.
(really not helping my creeper status with these photos)
This could hurt Russel's endorsement deal as AS's CFO...Chief Football Officer.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kop84
This could hurt Russel's endorsement deal as AS's CFO...Chief Football Officer.
...but DL is the official airline of the Seahawks
Old May 30, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hotshot lawyer Willie E. Gary aka "The Giant Killer" on DL 1077 ATL-RDU today in 4D. We both graduated from the same law school so I recognized him.
I sat next to this guy once. Didn't really know who he was but looked familiar. Then I realized I saw him in this segment on WSB at home: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/conc...ll-ca/53714786. Seemed like a nice guy and told me he was a DM in our short conversation. As it turns out he was born in the isolated, rural town of 5,000 Eastman, GA, where I currently study. Smart dude, never came back.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Glenn Hughes LAX - DTW today. He's playing at the Rock and Roll HOF on Thursday.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
If it counts, Alan Grayson, congressman from central Florida was next to me on DL1526 last Friday.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
If it counts, Alan Grayson, congressman from central Florida was next to me on DL1526 last Friday.
I would have asked to be reseated.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:39 pm

Apparently Garrison Keillor has been on the receiving end of more than a few of the "how was your flight" surveys: (from this weekend's show in Atlanta)

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/l...160604_128.mp3

And just for good measure, an opinion piece he wrote on the occasion of the NW/DL merger for those of you who missed it the first time around:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/op....12050046.html
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by WWads
I would have asked to be reseated.
I would second that. Hope he got a c+ middle and couldn't be moved back to c-.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by davisew
Apparently Garrison Keillor has been on the receiving end of more than a few of the "how was your flight" surveys
That was great! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta, Accor, Marriott
Not recent, but a little while back Kareem Abdul Jabbar was boarding my JFK-LAX flight right before me. After passing through the door, he took a left turn and I took a right.

Before heading down the aisle I looked at the flight attendant and said, "No fish for him please."

Got a blank stare.

Last edited by grandchampion; Jun 9, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by grandchampion
Not recent, but a little while back Kareem Abdul Jabber was boarding my JFK-LAX flight right before me. After passing through the door, he took a left turn and I took a right.

Before heading down the aisle I looked at the flight attendant and said, "No fish for him please."

Got a blank stare.
Oh what the hell. I'd have told that FA to get off the plane for her ignorance, LOL. Too bad they weren't still playing the safety vids with him at the end.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not recent, but a little while back Kareem Abdul Jabber was boarding my JFK-LAX flight right before me. After passing through the door, he took a left turn and I took a right.

Got a blank stare.
People today have no grounding in the classics
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:30 pm

I'm sorry, but you must have him confused him with someone else. His name is Roger Murdock; he's the co-pilot.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Traci Braxton, in F with me on ATL-DCA last Friday night. She was returning home to the DC area from attending an event recognizing her sister Toni Braxton in Atlanta the previous day.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by The Situation
I'm sorry, but you must have him confused him with someone else. His name is Roger Murdock; he's the co-pilot.
Roger, roger. Whats our vector, Victor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.