Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Flyertall
Sugar Ray Leonard, at the LA SC. Would not have recognized him had I not been told in advance by that friendly sales lady who hawks Delta credit cards in the hallway of the 50 series gates. But there he was, sitting right there in that chair in front of the help desk. I felt fairly certain that I could take him on. "And in this corner, we have.."

Television makes people appear larger than life, especially decades ago, when that was the only window we had to the world outside of our own lives. But in real life, his entire arm is about the length of my forearm. I may not pack much of a punch, but he'd have a hard time reaching me with his formerly furious flurries..
Funny, that's what Tommy Hearns said too.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
I saw Bruce Vilanch on a DTW-BOS flight a couple of months ago.

My son reported Chris Pine in the BOS SC on 11/25 (on his way to LAX).
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by paterwdb
STL-LGA this evening, Andy Cohen got to sit across from me in 4C. Seems like a nice guy, humble and laid back.

He was pretty cool about it, didn't bother me or try to take a picture with me or anything.
I would have had a complete meltdown. Andy Cohen is my absolute celebrity crush.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles, LifeMiles, AA Advantage
Stevie Wonder on 1325 LAX-MSY yesterday
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingNat001
Stevie Wonder on 1325 LAX-MSY yesterday
Your like the 3 or 4th poster who has mentioned seeing Stevie. As much as he seems to fly Delta, I'm surprised he hasn't done one of the safety video's. Would be pretty funny if he was the pilot.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Sat across from Dennis Edwards on STL-ATL this morning, was in 4B I think.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Tim Tebow DL2069 right now. ATL to MCO 8C
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: NW PE, UA PE
Dtw - San
Saw Tony Hawk at gate. There was one open seat in fc... next to me. Thought it was his. He boarded with general boarding and sat in coach.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by nicholas421
Dtw - San
Saw Tony Hawk at gate. There was one open seat in fc... next to me. Thought it was his. He boarded with general boarding and sat in coach.
I miss the 90s.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:17 pm

Nancy Grace was on my DL 2247 THR 04 DEC 2014 NYC-LGA to ATL flight. I ducked into the men's room in concourse A following the flight, and when I came out I saw her waiting nearby.

I looked at her and said, "Are you who I think you are". She said, "Hey! Yes I am! Want a photo?"

Got a good iPhone photo with her that she was very polite to offer - ended up having her husband, David, take the photo. Told her I was going to my best Jodi Arias impression in the photo, nailed it!

Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
I'd recognize that hairline anywhere.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles, LifeMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Nancy Grace was on my DL 2247 THR 04 DEC 2014 NYC-LGA to ATL flight. I ducked into the men's room in concourse A following the flight, and when I came out I saw her waiting nearby.

I looked at her and said, "Are you who I think you are". She said, "Hey! Yes I am! Want a photo?"

Got a good iPhone photo with her that she was very polite to offer - ended up having her husband, David, take the photo. Told her I was going to my best Jodi Arias impression in the photo, nailed it!

So I'm guessing her broom was in the shop
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Why did you black out your face?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
He blacked out the wrong face. I generally change the channel when I see her face come on...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Pretty sure I'm sitting across from Gary Hart in ATL A17. Talked about going to Denver for a fund raiser tonight. Has been on his phone nonstop now for 45 minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.