Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Silver Medallion...what does it get you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Medallion...what does it get you?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
What does premium seating mean on DL for SM?
Exit rows and the first few rows of coach.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 6:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alamo Quicksilver, Clear Pass.
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Exit rows and the first few rows of coach.
I realize that the exit rows have quite a bit more seat pitch. Do the first few rows of Delta economy seats have additional seat pitch? Or, are they preferred seats just for the speed in deplaning? In other words, are the first few rows like United's Economy Plus?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by ScubaDoobieDoo
I realize that the exit rows have quite a bit more seat pitch. Do the first few rows of Delta economy seats have additional seat pitch? Or, are they preferred seats just for the speed in deplaning? In other words, are the first few rows like United's Economy Plus?
No extra room. Just convenience.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta
They're quiter (engine noise) and have good pickings when the snack baskets and drinks come through.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL SM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I've been SM now for a couple years after being first granted via a SkyBonus "gift" (1100 points I think it was) from my employer. From ATL I am upgraded to FC about 50% of the time & travel primarily East of the Mississippi with emphasis on Florida (MCO, PBI, TPA and FLL).

Premium seating when not upgraded, as I prefer to be as close to the front as possible, and the 25% bonus is nice too. This year I will easily be GM so am planning my first MRs in hopes of achieving PM.

I usually use the kiosk or OCI but have occasionally used the Elite / First Class counter to bypass loooong ATL lines when needed - even if just to get to a lonely kiosk.

Last edited by Apexdv; Jul 19, 2007 at 9:33 am
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:19 am

better access to skysaver

Do SM (or above) get improved access to skysaver awards?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by mpsena0
Do SM (or above) get improved access to skysaver awards?
I think it's been proven by DL elites who look for seats, find none, and then log in to find seats available. The availability supposedly goes up with rank.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver
My husband and I just made SM. I only realized it by checking my sky miles. Is there a different phone number for reservations and will DL send a card showing that we are SMs.
Joan
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by joan24
My husband and I just made SM. I only realized it by checking my sky miles. Is there a different phone number for reservations and will DL send a card showing that we are SMs.
Joan

Yes, there is a different phone number, it will be on the back of the card that will be mailed to you. In the meantime, you can call the general Delta reseverations number and ask to be transferred
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
While trying to price flights for JFK-LAX on Nov. 8 and return on Nov. 11, the website was giving me a price of $298 AI. As soon as I logged in to my account and did the same search the lowest available price dropped to $287. Clearly not a huge difference but interesting nonetheless...
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, United Mileage Plus, HHonors
Me too...

Originally Posted by DLinYUL
While trying to price flights for JFK-LAX on Nov. 8 and return on Nov. 11, the website was giving me a price of $298 AI. As soon as I logged in to my account and did the same search the lowest available price dropped to $287. Clearly not a huge difference but interesting nonetheless...
I've also noticed that before. I'll try to book a flight, see the price, realize I'm not logged in and then find the fare to be a bit cheaper. Never more than $20-$30 but some. For a college student, $20 buys five meals.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by joan24
Joan
Yes, and yes. And congrats on making FO (that is Delta-code for Silver Medallion).
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Delta Plat
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Yes, and yes. And congrats on making FO (that is Delta-code for Silver Medallion).
I'd been meaning to ask someone where "FO" comes from. I'd search but the FT search engine (frustratingly) does not support search terms less than three characters.

Any help?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by gdudg
I'd been meaning to ask someone where "FO" comes from. I'd search but the FT search engine (frustratingly) does not support search terms less than three characters.

Any help?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318415
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:24 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
I am going to make FO for the first time on Nov. 20 when my cc bill closes and I will pass the spending threshold. How long can I expect to receive the new card? Can I use the status to my advantage for my trip to Israel on Dec. 2? And does FO allow for free changes to an award ticket?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.