Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I like the 75D cabin. Putting a brand new feel onto an older 757. FWIW DL isn't the first airline to put Y seats in front of 2L on the 757 and those are C+ seats.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Austin787
Try flying on Spirit Airlines - any aircraft. Or any of United's Airbus planes. Or a former US Airways A319. Or American's incoming 737MAX. Let us know how any of those compares to Delta's 75D.
Apples and oranges.
Why are some so eager to side with the Airlines.

The OP was spot on. Cant believe anyone argues otherwise.
sdadept likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by apodo77
Apples and oranges.
Why are some so eager to side with the Airlines.

The OP was spot on. Cant believe anyone argues otherwise.
I'm not defending the airlines. What I'm saying is we have choices in who to fly.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:55 pm

How is Delta government subsidized?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
But did you get the snack basket?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by WWads
It'll be nice when the A321s finally drive the 757s off most domestic routes.
Give me the 757. I liked the mini coach cabin ahead of 2L on US and wouldn't mind trying it out on DL.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
It'll be nice when the A321s finally drive the 757s off most domestic routes.
Why would that be better for passengers? It’s the same amount of F seats but now the entire plane will be walking past you. And I hope you like fuel stops in the winter...

The Boeing 757 is the most stunning subsonic narrowbody aircraft ever designed. It excels at any mission.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
If you are going to stick 3 rows of Y and 5 rows of F where 6 or 7 rows of F once were, something had to give. But, seriously, the redo of the 757 to the 75D is absolutely hideous. They took what was once a decent plane and ruined it by cramming in the seats like sardines. I try to avoid this flying disaster as much as possible now. Heck, I'll take a 737-900 before this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Why would that be better for passengers? It’s the same amount of F seats but now the entire plane will be walking past you. And I hope you like fuel stops in the winter...

The Boeing 757 is the most stunning subsonic narrowbody aircraft ever designed. It excels at any mission.
I ask you to name a single time that an A321 on a domestic run has been forced to make a fuel stop, at any time of year.

From a passenger comfort standpoint, the A321 wins hands down. Wider seats, wider cabin, quieter engines. No usable 2L door, but I'm willing to tolerate that.

The older 757 configurations were generally great, but now? It might as well be a 739.
sdadept likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I ask you to name a single time that an A321 on a domestic run has been forced to make a fuel stop, at any time of year.

From a passenger comfort standpoint, the A321 wins hands down. Wider seats, wider cabin, quieter engines. No usable 2L door, but I'm willing to tolerate that.

The older 757 configurations were generally great, but now? It might as well be a 739.
US Airways dba American Airlines can run into trouble with them out of Charlotte in the winter. You must order the A321 with aux fuel tanks for true transcon range. It is also too big for its wing and must fly at lower altitudes. That’s one reason the 738 has always upstaged the A320.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Former DM, I only fly government-subsidized DL these days to maintain my Flying Blue status. .
Well the first thing you might want to do is take a high school level business class and figure out what a subsidy is and then try to understand the US carriers point without the bias you already have.

Of course none of that will be done and this is just another "look at me" thread.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Apparently, you also have trouble reading. How does flying Southwest help me re-qualify for Flying Blue?
So then what exactly "does count me out" mean? before telling people they have trouble reading make your post clear.

If you love AF/KL so much then hope over to Europe and take a bunch of short haul flights to collect your FlyingBlue miles. Seems simple to me.
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Nope. Appareantly SSF556 is not the only have troubles reading
Narrowbody for Flying Blue carriers KL/AF = B737, A319,320, E-170/190's etc
You know, same seats, no extra legroom, no extra pitch, Wifi, IFE, USB power etc. Even no middle seat free.

hey now, no facts allowed here. DL should be flying nothing but A380s with the perfect F seat and 17 million star catering
Originally Posted by Jeff767
How is Delta government subsidized?
Simple, they aren't.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:39 pm

Not that i want to help readywheneveryouare out with his/her airbus hate but.....
since we are talking about ATL-SNA, the 321 (and 739) simply can't do the route.
If the 757 was going to be replaced on that route it would have to go back to the 73W.

*technically the 319 can do it, but like EYW, the 73W will perform better.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:07 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
At least you didn't get a moldy cookie like I did on my last flight. Yeah, can't wait to see this plane.....not!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Good Grief Children !! Everyone with a bone in their body knows all the US airlines are and were subsidised, and the ME3 ceratinly benefit in not also subsidised, same for Boeing and Airbus. Good for us I say !!

Its the sactimonious atitude of the US airlines screaming no fair that most sensible find abhorent.

SFO777 thanks for the post , always interesting, and fun to see the amateur attackers !!
akcae and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Originally Posted by Grouchy

This looks like a JetBlue E190.

Nice comfortable plane.

Rock on. ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.