Wiki Posts
Search

will DL ever rebook on AC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by saaveraward
It's YQB, so I have to check the schedule since westjet is not daily.

Appreciate all the assistance on this board!
you might be able to get JFK-YUL-YQB with the second segment via westjet
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Actually it's trying to get out of YQB and avoid the northeast on a connection.

Only DL options I see are drive to YUL or leave YQB on AC and connect through YYZ.... or investigate westjet as an option.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Actually it's trying to get out of YQB and avoid the northeast on a connection.
gotcha
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Partnerships, alliances, and interline agreements are not JV's.

A JV means that the two carriers share revenue so it does not matter to Carrier 1 if it rebooks you onto Carrier 2. DL has those on certain TATL routes with

DL is decent about rebooking OA. But, decent really means that there is no good DL alternative and the OA is better (however that is defined).

In this case, it doesn't seem that OP's flights have been cancelled. There is simply a weather waiver. DL is pretty sticky about the weather waivers because they are not required in the first instance.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:39 pm

I was booked on DL67 and DL63 (ZRH-ATL-SFO) last week. Due to IRROPS at ATL, DL67 was delayed 4 hours. About T-12h before DL67, I got the initial rebooking email, and options given were 1 stop flights on DL or AF metal (stop at JFK and CDG, respectively). Around T-5h I still had not gotten a confirmed ticketing, so I went to the counter. Agent called DL and I ended up getting rebooked onto a nonstop Swiss flight.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Partnerships, alliances, and interline agreements are not JV's.

A JV means that the two carriers share revenue so it does not matter to Carrier 1 if it rebooks you onto Carrier 2. DL has those on certain TATL routes with

DL is decent about rebooking OA. But, decent really means that there is no good DL alternative and the OA is better (however that is defined).

In this case, it doesn't seem that OP's flights have been cancelled. There is simply a weather waiver. DL is pretty sticky about the weather waivers because they are not required in the first instance.
yes, waiver now and expecting cancellation later so lining up options in that case.

All too familiar with weather roulette myself... Just looking out for family in this instance.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Keep in mind that there's frequent train service YQB-YUL if you don't want to do the drive (and are going to be in Downtown YQB) you open up a lot more options.

I would consider getting yourself to YUL if stuff is looking bad in the northeast and getting on a YUL-DTW/ATL/MSP flight, all of which have non-stop options on DL. I agree that you might run into some issues out of YQB.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Honestly, being stuck in YQB doesn't sound that bad
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Was in PEK this summer. Inbound was cancelled, so at the airport, I asked for PEK-CAN-JFK-YYZ, but was turned down.

A few of us then asked about AC, the agents placed a quick call, and voila, we were then bused to T3 for the AC PEK-YYZ direct flight.

It helps to have some routing options, present them to the airport staff, and see if it's doable.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
My DL flight was delayed and I was rebooked on Air Azerbaijan once back in 2010.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
My wife and I were flying YYZ-DTW-CDG in J last summer. The YYZ-DTW segment was delayed, due to weather, as I recall, such that we would miss our cxn. to CDG. While standing at the check-in counter, I heard the supervisor tell the agent "to consider it an MX," and so we were re-booked on AC to ATL, and then on DL to CDG. Unfortunately, due to a "crew issue," our ATL-CDG was delayed such that we missed our onward flight to BIO, and had to over night at CDG. But, c'est la vie.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
It helps to have some routing options, present them to the airport staff or phone agent, and see if it's doable.
this (as edited) is ALWAYS your best approach
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

I also assume at YQB, since there's 1 flight a day, it's all contract agents who don't have a lot of pull over anything.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Unfortunately, I didn't have a local SIM, so I didn't want to incur any roaming fees while on hold with an agent (I was in Delta One, but didn't have any Medallion status).

I just wanted to try CZ in J!

Originally Posted by jrl767
this (as edited) is ALWAYS your best approach
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
I was booked on YYZ-MSP-SEA last year and YYZ-MSP was delayed which would have caused a misconnect. No other DL alternatives would get me home the same day so a gate agent put me on YYZ-SEA direct on AC. Rebooked into full Y. Not sure if the DM line could have done it. Time was not on my side that evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.