Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com home screen picture B Skyclub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com home screen picture B Skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have a lot late morning/early afternoon flights and at least in my experience Sky Clubs tend to be pretty spacious at those times
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Two different teams, two different purposes. One to market the product, one to create a useable website. Different from a ceral box where marketing the product is only thing happening.
It is possible that the marketing team was able to see the picture after loading onto the website before final marketing approval.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
I work on some of these photo shoots. They occur days before the club opens to the public, as is the case with the remodeled B Club.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Two different teams, two different purposes. One to market the product, one to create a useable website.
Given the various problems with Delta's IT systems, I wouldn't be surprised if their marketing team was the team programming the website.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
I work on some of these photo shoots. They occur days before the club opens to the public, as is the case with the remodeled B Club.
Remodeled? I was under the impression it was a brand new club.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:29 pm

My mistake. New, yes. I’m NYC based so don’t differentiate with that distinction in ATL as I don’t spend much time at ATL...only there for work and rarely for connections where I’d explore the Clubs here more. I worked on shoots at SEA and JFK’s new clubs also, under the same circumstances. It may be obvious to most, but the Clubs are photographed while closed to the public to reduce the inconvenience to travelers of being asked to move, keeping the club more tidy, avoiding including travelers that may not wish to appear in photos, etc. Photo shoots have a large “footprint” of equipment everywhere, power cords creating trip hazards, loud communication/coordination, and generally wouldn’t be pleasant for the average Club user to be in proximity to.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Given the various problems with Delta's IT systems, I wouldn't be surprised if their marketing team was the team programming the website.
My mistake. New, yes. I’m NYC based so don’t differentiate with that distinction in ATL as I don’t spend much time at ATL...only there for work and rarely for connections where I’d explore the Clubs here more. I worked on shoots at SEA and JFK’s new clubs also, under the same circumstances. It may be obvious to most, but the Clubs are photographed while closed to the public to reduce the inconvenience to travelers of being asked to move, keeping the club more tidy, avoiding including travelers that may not wish to appear in photos, etc. Photo shoots have a large “footprint” of equipment everywhere, power cords creating trip hazards, loud communication/coordination, and generally wouldn’t be pleasant for the average Club user to be in proximity to.
The logistical issues are understandable.

What some of us are commenting on is the disconnection from reality that these marketing photos portray.

They seek to suggest situations that are intended to lure customers... who, after shelling out their money, will never experience the situations depicted... because the situations bear no resemblance to reality.

But... such is marketing.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The logistical issues are understandable.

What some of us are commenting on is the disconnection from reality that these marketing photos portray.

They seek to suggest situations that are intended to lure customers... who, after shelling out their money, will never experience the situations depicted... because the situations bear no resemblance to reality.

But... such is marketing.
Yes, such is marketing. However, if one gets there early, they may experience the club as empty as it’s depicted.
It would be tough to accurately depict all situations, especially before a single customer has set foot inside. However, great effort is made to ensure services, functionality, and layout match reality.

Same goes for the plane interior shots mentioned above. They are based in real hard product, and don’t show seat pitch that doesn’t exist. Sure, there’s the C+ FCM offer above that shows a D1 seat but that seems like an obvious system error/anomaly.

It is marketing, but it’s to show the product accurately and in a positive light.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:25 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Yes, such is marketing. However, if one gets there early, they may experience the club as empty as it’s depicted.
It would be tough to accurately depict all situations, especially before a single customer has set foot inside. However, great effort is made to ensure services, functionality, and layout match reality.

Same goes for the plane interior shots mentioned above. They are based in real hard product, and don’t show seat pitch that doesn’t exist. Sure, there’s the C+ FCM offer above that shows a D1 seat but that seems like an obvious system error/anomaly.

It is marketing, but it’s to show the product accurately and in a positive light.
Not going to happen at the B Skyclub

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.